Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Monday v Swinton

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

Now that things have not gone our way and there has been upset behind the scenes (lets hope they sort it ) Us fans need to get out on Monday in numbers and show the club coach and players that we still support them and that they have our full backing to get back to winning ways

Fev 28. Swinton 14

Mom. A Kain

#2 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:11 PM

upset behind the scenes? your not going down the duel reg are you!
sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#3 Michael Bates

Michael Bates
  • Coach
  • 186 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

Time to get back to basics! Hopefully we've fallen out of love with ourselves and thinking we're world beaters trying the miracle play every set of 6. Time for some basic rugby and hopefully a decent kicking game to build some pressure!

#4 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

Time to get back to basics! Hopefully we've fallen out of love with ourselves and thinking we're world beaters trying the miracle play every set of 6. Time for some basic rugby and hopefully a decent kicking game to build some pressure!

We used to do the basics well, now its trying to score off every set... with the 1 move in the arsenal.

Cummins Out.

#5 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

No kicking game today, You appear to think that your '18-wheeler' pack can steam roller teams at ease, they couldn't today and was so relieved that you stopped slinging it wide as you started to do some damage in 20mins after HT, when we stopped your off-load game you looked flat and clueless tbh, Finny had an off day as I was expecting him and Browny to be trading kicks, never happened.
I would bring Saxton inside as he still looks one do your best attacking threats.
Posted Image

#6 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

No kicking game today, You appear to think that your '18-wheeler' pack can steam roller teams at ease, they couldn't today and was so relieved that you stopped slinging it wide as you started to do some damage in 20mins after HT, when we stopped your off-load game you looked flat and clueless tbh, Finny had an off day as I was expecting him and Browny to be trading kicks, never happened.
I would bring Saxton inside as he still looks one do your best attacking threats.

Replace 'still looks like one of' to 'is only' and you'd be right.

And the 18 wheeler comment is spot on, we do have a good set of forwards, but sod all behind them.

Cummins Out.

#7 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

Replace 'still looks like one of' to 'is only' and you'd be right.

And the 18 wheeler comment is spot on, we do have a good set of forwards, but sod all behind them.

Yeah cos Liam Finn, Andy Kain, Kyle Briggs, Tommy Saxton and Greg Worthington have done nowt have they over the last two or three years. Give up man, your knowledge of Rugby is far too good to be coming out with rubbish like that. Class is permanent, form is temporary, there are some just out of a bit of form at the moment.

#8 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

Electric atmosphere down the lane tonight.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 29 March 2013 - 10:35 PM.

#9 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

Yeah cos Liam Finn, Andy Kain, Kyle Briggs, Tommy Saxton and Greg Worthington have done nowt have they over the last two or three years. Give up man, your knowledge of Rugby is far too good to be coming out with rubbish like that. Class is permanent, form is temporary, there are some just out of a bit of form at the moment.

Sorry, I meant that we havent seen them at their best over the past couple of weeks. Worthington hasn't hit the highs of last year and I was probably harsh on Finn, Briggs and Kain as they rely on people infront and behind them.

Glad Dale is back.

Cummins Out.

#10 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

Your right AV but we do need another centre we are weak there at the moment

#11 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

Your right AV but we do need another centre we are weak there at the moment

I agree and this has been a weak point for some time.

#12 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

Ant news on the Aussie/NZ player yet? PS Don't forget we have a 1pm kick off.

#13 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

No
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#14 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,167 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

Ant news on the Aussie/NZ player yet? PS Don't forget we have a 1pm kick off.

And don't forget to put your clocks forward by 1 hour tonight!!!
Im Fev and im proud

#15 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

And don't forget to put your clocks forward by 1 hour tonight!!!

:lol:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#16 Monkeymagic22

Monkeymagic22
  • Coach
  • 165 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:27 AM

I agree we need an additional centre, an attacking player, but would also like to see another fullback, although obviously this isn't going to happen whilst we have Ian Hardman in the team. Just imagine the difference a player like QLT would make to our team.

I also wondered whether it would be an option to move Ellis to stand off?, anyone got any thoughts on this?

#17 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:40 AM

I agree we need an additional centre, an attacking player, but would also like to see another fullback, although obviously this isn't going to happen whilst we have Ian Hardman in the team. Just imagine the difference a player like QLT would make to our team.

I also wondered whether it would be an option to move Ellis to stand off?, anyone got any thoughts on this?

I think Andy Ellis could, I don't overly know about his kicking game, I think he'd make a better loose forward or Scrum half if he was to change position. Think he's best at hooker though.

I may be in a minority here but I feel that Ian Hardman has been a fantastic Rover over the last 4 years. He's obviously a better full back. I feel that on at least 2 of those 4 years he would have been in for a shout as player of the year. His inside support running has always gained him a lot of tries and he has always been safe at the back. His only draw back is a slight lack of pace.

It doesn't seem that long ago that people were pleading with him not to go to Castleford.

#18 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

Our back line doesn't seem to be lining up deep enough like in previous seasons..there doesn't seem the space for Kainy to work the magic before defences are on top of him; With harder grounds to come we will see improvement to be sure;

#19 Monkeymagic22

Monkeymagic22
  • Coach
  • 165 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

Yeah, and Hardman is one of the few backs who actually has made some breaks.

I just think there's been something wrong with our attacking game since the season when we lost the Grand Final against Fax. Not sure if its tactics or the type of players we have. I was hoping that Briggs at stand off might have been the answer, but not sure it is now.

We have a great pack of forwards and just need to fine tune things a bit, with a better kicking game, and more threat from the backs.

#20 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,020 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

i wonder if DP will feel the need to "tweak" the team tomorrow
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users