Monday v Swinton

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

Yep said in p+c heppy spears haley will play no kaye on friday either so thats probably 4 changes at least

The tweaking has to stop for me soon - the team will never settle otherwise

#22 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

Yep said in p+c heppy spears haley will play no kaye on friday either so thats probably 4 changes at least

The tweaking has to stop for me soon - the team will never settle otherwise

If the rumour is true on the cas forum then we may need a new coach soon. So if that is the case I'm sure the tweaking will go on a fair bit longer.

Edited by Jimmy B, 31 March 2013 - 10:44 PM.

#23 feaverpitch

feaverpitch
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

Very disappointing on friday.Nothing created no chips over.or cut out passes just barge and bulldose, no off loads. As for tinkering there will be make no bones about that.DP is a great coach just under pressure keep the faith.

#24 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

Lets just get behind the lads tomorrow and sing our hearts out. If us fans show togetherness then I'm sure the players will pay us the same compliment. We are a family a Fev family and let's make the boys feel they are appreciated tomorrow by being loud and being proud to be a Fev fan. UP THE ROVERS.

#25 johnh

johnh
  • Coach
  • 245 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

Well I may be a little slow to catch on, (that's why Darryl is the coach and I sit in the stand) but I caught a glimpse of Stuart Dickens down at the Cas - Wakey match the other day and suddenly thought what it is the team has been missing, and that is Stuart's leadership. Perhaps he has left a bigger hole than we realised.I know he couldn't go on forever but I just feel that we haven't got anyone on the field pushing things along, changing tack when things aren't going so well, and motivating the players like Stew did. There is only so much a coach can do from the touchline.

Finn is new to the captaincy game so we can't expect him to be in Stuart's league straight away, so maybe we have to be a bit patient and let Finny develop, and if he doesn't, then maybe another natural leader may emerge in time. Panicking and slagging off coaches and players is not what we need right now, I'm confident we'll be where we want to be by the end of the season.

I think with what has happened in the last two weeks, Swinton could be on the wrong end of a hiding tomorrow.
Matt - send us some players from Tonga

#26 seanfax

seanfax
  • Players
  • 57 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

tbh guys i dont know what the big uproar as been about you lost one game to york at the weekend that does not make you a bad team, cant belive what ive seen on here people wanting powells head get behind him you have one of the best coaches in this league his recored speaks for its self, you guys will be there at the end of the season your team is too good not to be ,oo and sheff forgot about that but you will be up there guys

Edit: use of text speak

Edited by Maureen T-k, 01 April 2013 - 08:34 AM.

#27 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:41 AM

Lets just get behind the lads tomorrow and sing our hearts out. If us fans show togetherness then I'm sure the players will pay us the same compliment. We are a family a Fev family and let's make the boys feel they are appreciated tomorrow by being loud and being proud to be a Fev fan. UP THE ROVERS.

i like the "we are a family at fev" bit. arn't you the one calling for dp,s head and allways complaining about the players and thier attitude
sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#28 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

i like the "we are a family at fev" bit. arn't you the one calling for dp,s head and allways complaining about the players and thier attitude

I never complain about the players unless they play badly and deserve the criticism.

Edited by thundergaz, 01 April 2013 - 09:57 AM.

#29 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

We can't win every game and doubt the Sheffield and fax will either. Is it not better turning up to games not knowing? Bloody boring when we are 40 up at half time.

Hardman should be captain. Barking from the back. Does a lot of organising anyway, next natural step for him.

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#30 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,056 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

we are a dysfunctional family :lol:
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#31 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

The one you see on Jeremy Kyle.

Cummins Out.

#32 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

Kicking game much improved and a better performance all round. I'm still not happy with the amount of points were conceding especially at the back end of games but other than that job done and were back to winning ways so that's a start 😄😄😄.

#33 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

Apologies to anyone buying the DVd. I was badly injured today (back) and I may have uttered an expletive under my breath at one point as I re jarred it I hope this doesn't spoil your enjoyment, sorry if so.

Well we got back to winning ways, Andrew Bostock was awesome I thought today. Happier with Ian Hardman at full back. Our wingers are more like centres though.

Back to the captaincy if Liam Finn needs the responsibility lifting how about Andy Ellis? Always organising, super league experience and has tremendous distribution.

Well done Ben Kaye today, good yards and tackling.

And well done to Lamont Bryan, two well finished tries as did Matt James.

Bostock mom for me.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 01 April 2013 - 03:56 PM.

#34 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

Ill only buy a DVD if it comes with swearing.

Weve missed Tim Spears. We also miss Matty Dale when hes not playing.

Ellis for captain sounds good, hed be spelled as much as Dickens was, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Cummins Out.

#35 The Grinder

The Grinder
  • Coach
  • 644 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

Apologies to anyone buying the DVd. I was badly injured today (back) and I may have uttered an expletive under my breath at one point as I re jarred it I hope this doesn't spoil your enjoyment, sorry if so.

Well we got back to winning ways, Andrew Bostock was awesome I thought today. Happier with Ian Hardman at full back. Our wingers are more like centres though.

Back to the captaincy if Liam Finn needs the responsibility lifting how about Andy Ellis? Always organising, super league experience and has tremendous distribution.

Well done Ben Kaye today, good yards and tackling.

And well done to Lamont Bryan, two well finished tries as did Matt James.

Bostock mom for me.

Spot on analysis for me, Bostock had a big game.

Need to sort out the centres so the rest of the balance of the team can sort it's self out, but I am sure DP knows that better than I do.
I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

#36 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

Ill only buy a DVD if it comes with swearing.

Weve missed Tim Spears. We also miss Matty Dale when hes not playing.

Ellis for captain sounds good, hed be spelled as much as Dickens was, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Cheers buddy.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 01 April 2013 - 04:45 PM.

#37 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

Bostock MOM for me too, I'm a bit worried about the form of Jonny Hepworth and Tommy Saxton though, neither of them showing the class of previous seasons. Has Tommy been sussed by opposition defences? And why he didn't go for the corner instead of stepping inside to be caught on the line I'll never know? Same with Jamie Lockwood, all he had to do was drop on the line!
Was Tommy Hodson injured or dropped/rested? Our right wing defensive line-up has been very lightweight of late and I wondered if Daryl wanted to bulk it up a bit? If Penny hadn't had butterfings though, he would have left Helliwell and Bryan standing!

#38 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

Bostock MOM for me too, I'm a bit worried about the form of Jonny Hepworth and Tommy Saxton though, neither of them showing the class of previous seasons. Has Tommy been sussed by opposition defences? And why he didn't go for the corner instead of stepping inside to be caught on the line I'll never know? Same with Jamie Lockwood, all he had to do was drop on the line!
Was Tommy Hodson injured or dropped/rested? Our right wing defensive line-up has been very lightweight of late and I wondered if Daryl wanted to bulk it up a bit? If Penny hadn't had butterfings though, he would have left Helliwell and Bryan standing!

Steve to be. fair I think Daryl was resting a few, big cup tie coming up on Sun. Need to get through, likely televised tie v Salford at home. People make really daft predictictions based on nowt on here. That's mine, it was in the Wool Weekly horiscope..

#39 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:49 PM

Hellewell impressed me today, Pennys lost a bit of that pace and Hellewell had him sorted.

Agree with Saxton and Hepworth, they look like theyre struggling a bit... Heppy more than Saxton.

Saxton and Hodson though, a number of times theyve been found flat footed with their winger outside them.

Cummins Out.

#40 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:09 PM

think someone was watching a diffrent game to me with giveing lamont the mom yes he got two trys but he can't tackle for his life ?? hate to see him one on one because i think he plays touch and pass most of the game as you can tell am not a fan of his but what do i know DP must see something i dont

Edit use of text speak

Edited by Maureen T-k, 01 April 2013 - 08:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users