Monday v Swinton

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#41 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,054 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

Bostock MOM for me too, I'm a bit worried about the form of Jonny Hepworth and Tommy Saxton though, neither of them showing the class of previous seasons. Has Tommy been sussed by opposition defences? And why he didn't go for the corner instead of stepping inside to be caught on the line I'll never know? Same with Jamie Lockwood, all he had to do was drop on the line!
Was Tommy Hodson injured or dropped/rested? Our right wing defensive line-up has been very lightweight of late and I wondered if Daryl wanted to bulk it up a bit? If Penny hadn't had butterfings though, he would have left Helliwell and Bryan standing!

i'm sure i saw Hodson warming up in full kit, so not sure why he didn't play. as for Bossy, i'm not a fan but admit he played well today. however i couldnt give him M.O.M.. the 3 or 4 runs he made today, Anthony England does a dozen times or more in a game, and better. it's like 10 pin bowling sometimes when the defenders go flying.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#42 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

think someone was watching a diffrent game to me with giveing lamont the mom yes he got two trys but he can't tackle for his life ?? hate to see him one on one because i think he plays touch and pass most of the game as you can tell am not a fan of his but wot do i know DP must see somut i dont

An amazing amount of potential there in L-Bry... DP is the one to get it out of him.

Cummins Out.

#43 jkb

jkb
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

Plug, I'm sure you were watching the same match as everybody else that was at the ground today. However, choosing mom could be described as very subjective and near the end of the match, when asked, it is up to the sponsor, that is supporting the club by sponsorship and therefore contributing towards the clubs future as to who they choose for whatever reason as mom.

#44 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

think someone was watching a diffrent game to me with giveing lamont the mom yes he got two trys but he can't tackle for his life ?? hate to see him one on one because i think he plays touch and pass most of the game as you can tell am not a fan of his but wot do i know DP must see somut i dont

Agree with some of that plug but lamont is a forward and if he is playing centre then we have serious problems out wide. I would say we should bring in someone or a couple of players but with this DR thing there isn't anyone decent to bring in at this time of season so unless smeaton comes back ASAP we could be stuck with lamont in the centres for some time yet. But we are very weak out wide that's where we concede most of our try's too.

#45 jkb

jkb
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

Agree with some of that plug but lamont is a forward and if he is playing centre then we have serious problems out wide. I would say we should bring in someone or a couple of players but with this DR thing there isn't anyone decent to bring in at this time of season so unless smeaton comes back ASAP we could be stuck with lamont in the centres for some time yet. But we are very weak out wide that's where we concede most of our try's too.

#46 jkb

jkb
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:53 PM

Lamont has played centre in the past and by his own admission needs to lose a few pounds. Sam, as yet, is not up to the fitness that is required and Daryl has said that another centre and forward, due to Haley leaving, wouldn't go amiss.

#47 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

Lamont has played centre in the past and by his own admission needs to lose a few pounds. Sam, as yet, is not up to the fitness that is required and Daryl has said that another centre and forward, due to Haley leaving, wouldn't go amiss.

I would say a centre and a winger myself JKB. With this kiwi signing maybe he is the replacement for Haley but who knows. But if we sign a centre and a winger we will have a lot better cover out wide as smeaton would be like a new signing if/when he returns.

#48 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

Thought Lamont did alright today - maybe not mom but did all that was asked of him. Don't think it'd work against a 'top' side though. Worrying for me was Swinton finishing as the more enthusiastic of the 2 sides.

#49 exiled rover

exiled rover
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:40 PM

Must have missed it but what has happened to Haley? Last I heard he was coming back from injury.

Edited by exiled rover, 01 April 2013 - 08:42 PM.

#50 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,177 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

Must have missed it but what has happened to Haley? Last I heard he was coming back from injury.

He as left the club!!!
Im Fev and im proud

#51 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

Has he retired or going to another club ?

#52 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,177 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

Has he retired or going to another club ?

All that was said today was that he'd left the club, and I'm lead to believe it could be something to do with been left out of the team today. He did tweet on twitter about it earlier today.

Edited by Maureen T-k, 01 April 2013 - 09:17 PM.

Im Fev and im proud

#53 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:43 PM

All that was said today was that he'd left the club, and I'm lead to believe it could be something to do with been left out of the team today. He did tweet on twitter about it earlier today.

Well to be fair to him mo I can see why if I'm being honest. I mean we lost on Friday and if he can't get in the team after 2 straight defeats and the way we played on Friday he must be thinking I haven't got much chance if any of getting game. But I like to see players fighting for the jersey myself. I would of preferred him to stay and made that jersey his through impressing in training and on the pitch. But like I said its understandable too. Shame I thought he was a good player just had a lot of bad luck through injuries but I wish him well whatever he decides to do next in his career.

Edited by thundergaz, 01 April 2013 - 09:44 PM.

#54 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:02 AM

I think it's a pity too. It must be tough returning from injury at the start of the season, it gives your rivals a chance to nail down the position, whereas if you make a good start to the season then get injured you are more likely to get picked when you regain fitness. It makes it more difficult now with the Dual Reg partnerships, because a loan spell at another club would have been the ideal recovery plan.

Edited by Steve Slater, 02 April 2013 - 08:03 AM.

#55 pont rover

pont rover
  • Coach
  • 480 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:05 AM

Match report taken from the Yorkshire Post...

http://www.yorkshire...-ways-1-5542051

#56 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:25 AM

We played pretty well for periods of the game, but we looked nervous. There is an edgy feel around the place at the moment after two losses and the boys need to get back to enjoying themselves.

Sounds spot on to me. Shades of Batley away, and the couple of games after that last season.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#57 knottla

knottla
  • Coach
  • 101 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

I think a few players confidence has been knocked lately, as Daryl says there's a bit of edginess to some players and it show at times with players not quite timing their runs for plays.Hopefully yesterday may have helped to start getting back on track.Up the ROVERS.

#58 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:58 PM

Bostock MOM for me too, I'm a bit worried about the form of Jonny Hepworth and Tommy Saxton though, neither of them showing the class of previous seasons. Has Tommy been sussed by opposition defences? And why he didn't go for the corner instead of stepping inside to be caught on the line I'll never know? Same with Jamie Lockwood, all he had to do was drop on the line!
Was Tommy Hodson injured or dropped/rested? Our right wing defensive line-up has been very lightweight of late and I wondered if Daryl wanted to bulk it up a bit? If Penny hadn't had butterfings though, he would have left Helliwell and Bryan standing!

Agree, Steve. Tommy has not been the same player since his bad injury, was it at the start of last season?. Has lost that habit of making yards out of nothing. We still require a big, fast paced centre, IMO.

#59 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

Missed another game due to illness. That is now six weeks.. Two questions :Haven't we just signed a twenty year old prop from York? And when we come up against Yere at home do you think Brian could handle him at centre?. I note they lost at Whitehaven, but he still scored two trys.

#60 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

.....when we come up against Yere at home do you think Brian could handle him at centre?....

No.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users