RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

who Will win the sack race

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 11,633 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

Ha ha, I see "a.n.Other" is reading this thread, he must be worried about his job now.

Hull-FC-V10-e1380711301940.jpg         HULL NOT VERY PROUD

"You're not City anymore!"

(The chant of opposition fans to Hull Tigers' supporters this season)

#22 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,093 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

Wakefield on Monday could be a watershed for they way we move forward this season.

My feeling before yesterday's game was that it would tell us whether we could still salvage the season. Wakefield on Monday will probably confirm we've gone backwards after last year's encouraging moderate improvement.

If I recall correctly, six points from the first nine games was enough to get John Kear the sack in 2006, the year in which we went on to make the Grand Final.

hullthursday_zpsa8836b84.jpg

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#23 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

My feeling before yesterday's game was that it would tell us whether we could still salvage the season. Wakefield on Monday will probably confirm we've gone backwards after last year's encouraging moderate improvement.

If I recall correctly, six points from the first nine games was enough to get John Kear the sack in 2006, the year in which we went on to make the Grand Final.

Wakefield are no mugs and at home will be difficult to beat. I suppose we shall see how dissapointed the players were after yesterdays performance in how they show up on Monday. We are leaderless at the minute players looking around for instruction. There were senior players out there yesterday who stood heads down and quiet, they should of been shouting from the roof tops to get something going.The air of inevitability and lack of belief was very apparent.

Edited by westhuller, 30 March 2013 - 01:36 PM.

#24 Forever Trinity

Forever Trinity
  • Coach
  • 628 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

No wishing to derail what could be an entertaining thread but on the subject of Monday's game is the new stand still open to away fans this season?

Edit:I've just seen that helpful chap hindle has started a match thread. I should have asked on there.

North Stand is for home fans away fans western terrace

#25 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

Is that the one with the ###### view and no roof ?

#26 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,093 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

Cheers, that's a pity. The atmosphere in that stand was excellent when we came last year.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#27 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,093 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

Is that the one with the ###### view and no roof ?

Yes, mate, that's the one but I'll probably have a restricted view anyway if I spend as much time with my head in my hands as I did yesterday.

#28 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:48 PM

Yes, mate, that's the one but I'll probably have a restricted view anyway if I spend as much time with my head in my hands as I did yesterday.

I will look out for you, I still think we will take a decent following.

#29 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,093 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

Surely Richard Agar can't bang the final nail into Peter Gentle's coffin!

OH the irony!

I doubt that will happen. I think Wakefield will win on Monday but I think the chairman will at least wait until Gentle has Ellis and at least one half back available.

#30 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,093 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

I will look out for you, I still think we will take a decent following.

OK Pete, hopefully see you there. There will be plenty of us there but you can't blame the ones who are thinking 'stuff it' after yesterday

#31 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,145 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

Not a good record but what can you do?

Train for fitness, stamina,speed,strength skill then practice, rehearse, analyse, strategise, plan, motivate, ...

#32 Wilderspoolmemories

Wilderspoolmemories
  • Coach
  • 735 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

I think millward at cas will be the first to go this season.
2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16
2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6
2011 League Leaders Shield Winners
2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

#33 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

Train for fitness, stamina,speed,strength skill then practice, rehearse, analyse, strategise, plan, motivate, ...

:D

#34 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,756 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

Phil Veivers.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#35 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,756 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

B)

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#36 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

brown at saints. he has no idea any coach that's not bothered about losing two points has to go for me.

Before the 8 team play off system I would have agreed. But now you only have to win slightly more than you lose and get your team fit and rested for the final play offs.

This is the farce that the comp has become there is no requirement for week in week out intensity, just pick the matches you need to compete in.

#37 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:20 PM

gentle is blaming everyone and everything else but himself, i think he is evens favourite to go first followed by millward,
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#38 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,542 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

Before the 8 team play off system I would have agreed. But now you only have to win slightly more than you lose and get your team fit and rested for the final play offs.

You don't even need to win more then 50% of your matches to qualify for the playoffs. The last two years, team number eight had more losses than wins.

rldfsignature.jpg

#39 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:20 AM

O go on then I'll be the voice of reason. Why the sack as we are only 8/9 games into the season, surely too early?

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#40 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:45 AM

O go on then I'll be the voice of reason. Why the sack as we are only 8/9 games into the season, surely too early?

What's reason got to do with it? This is professional sport. Coaches can get sacked at any time.

As hindle has pointed out, this thread is already out of date and should be "Who will finish second in the sack race?"

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users