Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Match Report: Batley Bulldogs 28-12 Hunslet Hawks

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,908 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:05 PM

http://www.batleybul...rs-plucky-hawks

From the "other" side. Thought you deserved something from the game tonight (i.e. a bonus point).

#2 Hunslet2012

Hunslet2012
  • Coach
  • 505 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:16 PM

I never complain about a ref but tonights ref was probably the worst i ever seen and i seen a few

#3 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,908 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:24 PM

I never complain about a ref but tonights ref was probably the worst i ever seen and i seen a few

I didn't think he was that bad, TBF. We've seen much worse than him this season. But then we won!

#4 Hunslet2012

Hunslet2012
  • Coach
  • 505 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:26 PM

u must wear rose tinted glasses then chairman he was utter tosh..spoilt a very good in my opinion

#5 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 510 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:08 AM

Regardless of the ref (personally I thought he was poor) we should have taken at least at point tonight

I just hope we don't regret tonight come September

#6 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:26 AM

i dont blame the ref, wouldnt mind seeing Chisholms try right on ht again though, the touchjudge seemed to be a tad late in raising his flag. Giving penalties away when we have possesion though is ridiculous and tonight we did it at least twice.Thought we matched Batley until the last 15 mins and gave them a real hard game.
Posted Image

#7 Hawkeye

Hawkeye
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:35 AM

Not twice, thrice.
Hawkeye
Posted Image

#8 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 757 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:02 AM

i dont blame the ref, wouldnt mind seeing Chisholms try right on ht again though, the touchjudge seemed to be a tad late in raising his flag. Giving penalties away when we have possesion though is ridiculous and tonight we did it at least twice.Thought we matched Batley until the last 15 mins and gave them a real hard game.

That touchjudge was so old & slow, we were about to take the goalkick when he put his flag up
It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool
than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

#9 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 757 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:29 AM

We were totally outrefereed in the second half with Batley given about 90% possession and you are forced to score these days with all that ball. Some examples, a Batley player stands up to play the ball, moves to one side and we are penalised for not standing square, March spear tackled and drops the ball [knock on]. A Batley player climbing all over a Hunslet man on the floor, Hughes pulls him off [which should be the referees job] and is penalised. I could go on but it's pointless really.

#10 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:17 AM

I could go on but it's pointless really.

A bit like your second half performance you mean :)

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#11 Green Brigade

Green Brigade
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

If Hughes pushes the batley player regardless of what he is doing its a penalty you simply can't touch the other player, so that decision was correct.

#12 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 436 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

The spear tackle was disgraceful, he was not just dropped on his head but thrown on his head & lucky no serious injury occurred. For the ref not to even penalise the tackle let alone send off the player is a joke & shows he has no care for player safety!

#13 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

By my reckoning now 4 teams including us on ten points and 2 on eleven plus keighley on 9 and barrow on 8, that lost bonus point last night could be oh so crucial, a win on monday against keighley now is vital, weather permitting
Posted Image

#14 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 884 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:21 AM

By my reckoning now 4 teams including us on ten points and 2 on eleven plus keighley on 9 and barrow on 8, that lost bonus point last night could be oh so crucial, a win on monday against keighley now is vital, weather permitting

The good news is we've played four of the hardest fixtures now, even though we got zippo from them (which is what I expected tbh). All the fixtures for the forseeable future now offer reasonable chances for at least one point, and hopefully several three points ...

#15 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 436 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:50 AM

I hope we soon realise we have the fastest player in rugby league playing for us. Give him 5 yards of space & no one in the entire game will catch him.

#16 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 757 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

If Hughes pushes the batley player regardless of what he is doing its a penalty you simply can't touch the other player, so that decision was correct.

I agree it was correct but my point was that the ref should have penalised the tackler. Also, several times you see players pushing a tackler off but nothing is said. Like I said, the referee saw what he wanted and was totally inconsistent.

#17 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 633 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

We were totally outrefereed in the second half

totally "outrefereed" ......hm......I must look that one up......

#18 bulldogs17

bulldogs17
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

Don't think the ref had too much to do with the final result. In the second half you hardly competed any sets and when you did the kick case was poor. I was sat near Barry Eaton and he wasn't impressed with the second half and some of the plays you did. Though you played the conditions better than us in the first half and Grimshaw ran the show. Then second half we got on top, and Hemmingways kicking game kept you running out from your line.

Ans all this about the ref.....we know you are partnered with the Rhinos but theres no need to sound like there fans!!!

#19 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

u must wear rose tinted glasses then chairman he was utter tosh..spoilt a very good in my opinion

Er perhaps you do too

#20 Morleydog

Morleydog
  • Coach
  • 396 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

What is it with all this ref - blaming lately. It seems every game we win (which is most of them) it is down to the ref. York, Doncaster, Hunslet.
Maybe the refs have finally made freinds with us after years of hating us.
Or maybe......... (I know it's a radical idea), but maybe.........we are just a better team these days and we make less errors and force more. ;)
You lot carry on believing though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users