Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

finn

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 299 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:05 AM

hate to say this but dont think finn is upto the job as captain ?? we need a leader in the dickins mould someone to kick some butts on the field when our heads go down yes he could make a good club captain but not team captain i personally think his game is suffering with the roll as captain

#2 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:11 AM

Certainly wasnt the Liam Finn of the last couple of seasons in yesterday's game , seemed devoid of ideas , poss too much weight on his shoulders !
LOVE THE KNIGHTS , LIVE THE KNIGHTS

#3 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 299 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:17 AM

think finn has got one game i know what he's going to do before he knows himself latley he is so predictable on the field and if i know what do other teams think cant remember last time we had a 40 20

Edit please stop using text speak

Edited by Maureen T-k, 30 March 2013 - 09:47 AM.

#4 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

Can't understand why Briggs isn't doing more of the kicking? He has a much bigger upfield kick than Finn, who seems too nonchalt in his efforts these days, doesn't get it far enough upfield, and the opposition full-back and wingers so often return the ball back to half-way,This usually means that by the time their tackle count is over we are pinned too deep in our own half, back where we started from. I still rate his distribution and tactical kicking near their line though, it's just that his pressure relieving kicks aren't good enough!

#5 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

My brother said same as you Steve, Briggs has a right boot on him.. against Cas he cleared 60/70m without bouncing.

Cummins Out.

#6 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

think finn has got one game i know what he's going to do before he knows himself latley he is so predictable on the field and if i know what do other teams think cant remember last time we had a 40 20

Edit please stop using text speak

Winning teams of today have strong kicking games. Able to turn the opposition around and then keep them pinned in their own quarter.

#7 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

Certainly wasnt the Liam Finn of the last couple of seasons in yesterday's game , seemed devoid of ideas , poss too much weight on his shoulders !

Not making excuses for Liam, but his wife had another baby on Monday, so sleepless nights and all that would probably have taken its toll this week for lad.
Im Fev and im proud

#8 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

Finn will prove he's the best again over the season we all have bad days at work he's been excellent since he came back to Fev and glad he plays for us and not against us

#9 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:43 PM

Class is permanent form is temporary. Finn is class and like JT says I would rather have him playing for us than against us. I agree that is kicking game isn't up to scratch and we need a kicker like Simon brown but his goal kicking makes up for that for me as he's a point scoring machine with the boot. The only thing I think needs to be done is to take the captaincy off of him as he doesn't look at natural leader up to now. But I would give him till the end of the season to prove himself as he deserves the chance IMO. I just feel he as too much weight on his shoulders and the captaincy doesn't help matters.

Edited by thundergaz, 30 March 2013 - 08:44 PM.

#10 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

TG I think we got the field kicker in Briggs just need to get him to do it more

The only person who will no if the captaincy is effecting Finn and that's the man himself and if he thinks it is there no shame in letting the coach know As Maureen says he may of had a few sleepless nights but he wasn't the only one with a bad day at the office Roll on Monday and lets get back to normal

#11 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:58 PM

TG I think we got the field kicker in Briggs just need to get him to do it more

The only person who will no if the captaincy is effecting Finn and that's the man himself and if he thinks it is there no shame in letting the coach know As Maureen says he may of had a few sleepless nights but he wasn't the only one with a bad day at the office Roll on Monday and lets get back to normal

Agree with all that JT but by the sound of it Briggs might be missing for a bit.What about heppy with the boot? He used to play union he must have a decent boot on him if he played union surely because that's all they do 😄😄😄.

#12 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,031 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

Agree with all that JT but by the sound of it Briggs might be missing for a bit.What about heppy with the boot? He used to play union he must have a decent boot on him if he played union surely because that's all they do .

heppy may have the best boot of the lot
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#13 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,031 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

tall poppy syndrome i suppose
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#14 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 662 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:06 AM

Its a shame Liam never has a bad game against us (Batley) fingers crossed that changes this year haha. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users