League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

01/04/13 - Bradford Bulls v Salford City Reds - KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Bradford Bulls (6 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. Salford City Reds (2 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,095 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:32 AM

Discuss the game here.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#2 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,095 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

Referee: T Roby
Touch Judge: P Grundhill
Touch Judge: T Jones
Reserve: P Parker
Match Commissioner: J Holdsworth
In Goal: B Armstrong
In Goal: G Evans
Time Keeper: I McGregor

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#3 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,709 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

2 steps forward one back for Salford. This will be a Bulls win by 12.

The squad is too thin to be able to cope with this schedule. Gibson possibly added to the injury list

#4 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

I have to fancy the Bulls as, in general, it's pretty fair to say we've played a bit better than the Reds so far. That said we've been a bit up and down too and, as I've said with a few other games, much will depend on who is actually available to play for both sides. Bulls or Reds to win, by either a lot or maybe not quite so many...mind, we do seem to be drawing a few this season!
No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#5 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,095 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

Bradford squad: James Donaldson, Adam Sidlow, Jamie Langley, Manase Manuokafoa, John Bateman, Matt Diskin, Brett Kearney, Nick Scruton, Heath L'Estrange, Adrian Purtell, Keith Lulia, Elliott Whitehead, Elliot Kear, Jarrod Sammut, Danny Addy, Tom Olbison, Adam O'Brien, Jobe Murphy, Jamie Foster.

Edited by hindle xiii, 30 March 2013 - 02:39 PM.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#6 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

It seems that both teams have a Jekyll and Hyde quality this year. It really does depend on which Bradford and which Salford turn up. Bulls favourites on balance, they have, generally, been better than us.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#7 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,095 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

Salford squad: Jodie Broughton, Lee Gaskell, Liam Foran, Lee Jewitt, Matty Ashurst, Andrew Dixon, Stephen Wild, Wayne Godwin, Chris Nero, Ryan Boyle, Jordan James, Adam Neal, Theo Fages, Marc Sneyd, Gareth Owen, Darrell Griffin, Jack Murphy, Edwin Okanga-Ajwang, Adam Walne.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#8 Segovia Carpet

Segovia Carpet
  • Coach
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

Edwin Okanga-Ajwang, Adam Walne. prob to miss & Nero to centre

#9 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,095 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

Edwin Okanga-Ajwang, Adam Walne. prob to miss & Nero to centre

Walne re-signed by all accounts. I had to check as I thought he'd left.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#10 TwoBlues

TwoBlues
  • Coach
  • 723 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

Last year,after Salford defeated Huddersfield at The Etihad,they hosted Catalans and were 20 points down in as many minutes and then had 2 players sin-binned,so spent a short time with 11 players before coming back and winning.Alan Hunte used the word resilient/resiliance last night.The team spirit is good and there should be a little 'needle' following the apparent difference in how both clubs were viewed during their publicised financial affairs by both the RFL and fellow supporters from around the rugby league family.There was also the approach for the services of Sean Long when it became public that the club was fighting a winding-up order.
As a contender for try of the season was scored by Salford at the stadium last season,I am anticipating a cracker.
After my double celebration of victories over Huddersfield and Bradford I fear that Noble may be appointed the new head coach.As I comfort eat when depressed I shall seek out the apparent sale of Mr Khans curries within the Provident Stadium and prepare for my double-dip depression. :)

#11 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:05 PM

Last year,after Salford defeated Huddersfield at The Etihad,they hosted Catalans and were 20 points down in as many minutes and then had 2 players sin-binned,so spent a short time with 11 players before coming back and winning.Alan Hunte used the word resilient/resiliance last night.The team spirit is good and there should be a little 'needle' following the apparent difference in how both clubs were viewed during their publicised financial affairs by both the RFL and fellow supporters from around the rugby league family.There was also the approach for the services of Sean Long when it became public that the club was fighting a winding-up order.
As a contender for try of the season was scored by Salford at the stadium last season,I am anticipating a cracker.
After my double celebration of victories over Huddersfield and Bradford I fear that Noble may be appointed the new head coach.As I comfort eat when depressed I shall seek out the apparent sale of Mr Khans curries within the Provident Stadium and prepare for my double-dip depression. :)

Noble will take you to the play-offs within 2 yrs.

-------------------------------------------

Bulls win here, but close.
Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

#12 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,242 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:37 AM

It really does depend on which Bradford and which Salford turn up.

Unfortunately for both, Tim Roby is definitely turning up.
<_<

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#13 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:41 AM

<_<

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#14 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:01 AM

<_<

Well, given our fairly recent encounter with that particular loose cannon, we'll know what to expect as I'm sure the memory will definitely remain.

#15 TwoBlues

TwoBlues
  • Coach
  • 723 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

Noble will take you to the play-offs within 2 yrs.

I don't think Dr Koukash wishes to wait that long.He wants winners.
That 'Winning Teams' book by Noble seems a loser.He has a contribution from Morrison - eclipsed by Leahy at Tesco.He has a contribution from Whelan - eclipsed by Mike Ashley at Sports Direct;and his sports team are perennial relegation fighters.He also has a contribution from Martin O'Neill just sacked from Sunderland soccer club as they race towards relegation.Hardly winners !
Apart from that,after the game tomorrow he will have to match 2 wins,and a draw,out of 5 which is what Alan Hunte will have achieved following on from the 1 win from 5 of Phil Veivers short and difficult tenure in 2013.

#16 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,242 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

That 'Winning Teams' book by Noble seems a loser.He has a contribution from Morrison - eclipsed by Leahy at Tesco ... Hardly winners !

Yeah, that Ken Morrison, as his Wikipedia entry says: -

Whilst at school, Morrison worked in the family provisions business in the school holidays. He was given jobs such as working on the market stalls or checking eggs against lamps for defects.
Morrison served ... as a National Serviceman, and was demobilised in 1952. His father was seriously ill so Ken was plunged into the management of the business and had to learn very quickly.
... In the Sunday Times Rich List 2007 ranking of the wealthiest people in the UK he was placed 35th with an estimated family fortune of £1,595 million.

Christ, what a loser!
:lol: :lol:

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#17 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,710 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

Bulls by 12
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#18 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

Our friend Mick Gledhill has just texted me to say there's a pitch inspection at 10:00am tomorrow. He reckons it's looking "doubtful".

Anyone else heard anything?

#19 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

I don't think Dr Koukash wishes to wait that long.He wants winners.
That 'Winning Teams' book by Noble seems a loser.He has a contribution from Morrison - eclipsed by Leahy at Tesco.He has a contribution from Whelan - eclipsed by Mike Ashley at Sports Direct;and his sports team are perennial relegation fighters.He also has a contribution from Martin O'Neill just sacked from Sunderland soccer club as they race towards relegation.Hardly winners !
Apart from that,after the game tomorrow he will have to match 2 wins,and a draw,out of 5 which is what Alan Hunte will have achieved following on from the 1 win from 5 of Phil Veivers short and difficult tenure in 2013.

Are you sure you didn't mean to post this tomorrow morning? If you are serious this is one of the most short-sighted attitudes I have encountered in a long time. Barely worth arguing against it's so daft.

Re: pitch inspection, I've seen a photo of the pitch this morning - still quite white but that doesn't mean it isn't playable. Report in the local rag yesterday suggest the game will probably go ahead unless the weather gets worse.
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#20 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

Local forecast suggests a lowest of -1 overnight, which as better than the -3 of last night. Keeping my fingers crossed.

According to reports from earlier the pitch hadn't been covered - anyone know if that's still the case, I'd be surprised if it wasn't covered by now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users