League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

01/04/13 - Bradford Bulls v Salford City Reds - KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Bradford Bulls (6 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. Salford City Reds (2 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Adeybull

Adeybull
  • Coach
  • 497 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

Our friend Mick Gledhill has just texted me to say there's a pitch inspection at 10:00am tomorrow. He reckons it's looking "doubtful".

Anyone else heard anything?

http://www.thetelegr...tch_inspection/

#22 Adeybull

Adeybull
  • Coach
  • 497 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

Noble will take you to the play-offs within 2 yrs.

More likely to be Koukash's money that will, IMO.

#23 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,091 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

Bradford, by 26.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#24 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,502 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

Bradford, by 26.

I wouldn't underestimate Salford.

#25 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,091 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

If it's on that is. And providing the pitch is in ok nick then I hoping we win and win well. I mean no disrespect to the Salford fans on here, but the defeat and performances in that loss and the draw last season really, really annoyed me so I'm hoping for a big win just to put those demons to bed. This even over-wrote the dicking we had in 2011 at the Willows.

If we're to be serious about our ambitions this season, then we have to win this game and win it well. But I am not at all looking forward to seeing Roby ref! Even if his role in the Wigan v Widnes game was much better.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#26 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,091 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

I wouldn't underestimate Salford.

True. Although as I've only really seen their results on paper they're an unknown quatity to me. However, I have an idea of what we are capable of. I'm also hoping they have a mother of all hang-overs!

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#27 matt newsholme

matt newsholme
  • Coach
  • 910 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:14 PM

Local forecast suggests a lowest of -1 overnight, which as better than the -3 of last night. Keeping my fingers crossed.

According to reports from earlier the pitch hadn't been covered - anyone know if that's still the case, I'd be surprised if it wasn't covered by now.

Iirc last time this subject came up we don't have any covers anymore. Seem to remember something about us lending them to city or park avenue and not getting them back. Getting new ones will be quite low on clubs priority list for expenditure I'd imagine.

#28 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:00 AM

More likely to be Koukash's money that will, IMO.

Crusaders?
Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

#29 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:11 AM

Inspection okay. Game on, according to Mick.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#30 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,502 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:12 AM

True. Although as I've only really seen their results on paper they're an unknown quatity to me. However, I have an idea of what we are capable of. I'm also hoping they have a mother of all hang-overs!

Based on their game against us at Langtree Park in the snow then they are very fired up, for the full 80. Their defence has improved enormously and they like to swing it wide in attack.

#31 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,705 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:26 AM

Inspection okay. Game on, according to Mick.

A few other unconfirmed reports too, but Bulls' site seems to be over capacity....
No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#32 PaulW

PaulW
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:32 AM

T&A confirm game is on.
http://www.thetelegr..._Salford_is_on/

#33 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,091 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:08 AM

That announcement would be one heck of an April Fools'...

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#34 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,091 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

FT

36-24

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#35 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,091 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

Quality first half, pretty gritty and error strewn display in the second. They kicked us to death at times, and while I thought it was cosy after 40 minutes, you couldn't account for a pairing of a rocket up the Salford backsides and pure fatigue creeping into the Bulls team. Glad of the win, satisfied with the performance but more impressed with how Salford can show up. Fages, Sneyd, Owen and at times Gaskell really hurt us. Some lucky bounces for a few of the Reds scores but Long is nurturing the creative crux nicely.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#36 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,706 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

3 young players from the academy as well. Owen needs to bulk up but is a better option than Howarth.

#37 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,091 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

3 young players from the academy as well. Owen needs to bulk up but is a better option than Howarth.

He can have Foran's, he looks a bit of an Owen Craigie...

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#38 41hound

41hound
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

A very decent match. I am glad we are getting more competitive. I think Bulls are a sound outfit. I loved the Leeds derby on Friday - Bulls were superb against a top Leeds effort - so for us to come to Odsall and push you close is encouraging. I am also glad that BOTH teams are still around to play the match - both could of been playing in CC1 this season :huh:. I will be looking forward to the rematch at Barton.

#39 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,706 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

I was watching him on Friday and decided it was a combination of fat lad shorts, large bum and weight. I don't think he has had the benefit of a pre season. Hopefully he will getter fitter.

#40 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

Funny old game that. Salford defo had a rocket at half time and scored a beauty of a try in the corner straight after. Thought Fages and Sneyd were superb with the added interest of Sneyd adopting the Jonathan Thurston kicking style - very nice.

For us we were pretty solid apart from just after the break and the Salford comedy first try.
Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users