Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

01/04/13 - Wakefield Trinity Wildcats v Hull FC - KO 3.30pm

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Wakefield Trinity Wildcats (7 votes [77.78%])

Percentage of vote: 77.78%

2. Hull FC (1 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

3. Draw (1 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

Wakefield were very poor today, didn't offer any kind of threat with the ball and they defended like they wished they we're somewhere else. Hull were workmanlike, took few risks and were very one dimensional, what they did have was a greater level of commitment and well, just wanted it more.

Child was awfull but awfull for both teams.

Jamie Shaul played very well, made good yards on his kick returns, made a superb try saving tackle on Paul Sykes and scored a Wonderful solo try from 60 metres out.

Edited by OMEGA, 01 April 2013 - 04:58 PM.

#42 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,450 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:09 PM

About time Jamie Shaul got a game

He's been injured. Gentle quite rightly didn't want to throw him on Friday with less than a week's training under his belt.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#43 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,450 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

Shaul meant to have been 60m solo from dummy half classy Kid is Jamie

It wasn't quite that far out but it was a superb effort, had the strength to hold off the challenge, the acceleration to get away and the pace to stay there. Along with Tom Lineham and Ben Crooks he's another reason for we Hull fans to be cheerful. Ben Crooks was outstanding today, he read the Wakefield attack very well and ran some great lines. He's got his dad's rugby brain with pace added into the mix.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#44 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,450 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

A wise, rich man once advised me "always bet against Hull when they travel further than Castleford." Do the maths yourselves.

The maths told me that Hull have a 75% win rate at Belle Vue in the Super League era.

Helped pay for my trip anyway.

#45 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,065 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:44 AM

Edited by hindle xiii, 03 April 2013 - 09:44 AM.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#46 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,450 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

They're grinding us down, I tell thee...

There was even a special song for Barry when news of the final score at Craven Park spread among the Hull fans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users