Photo
- - - - -

01/04/13 - Warrington Wolves v London Broncos - KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (6 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Warrington Wolves (5 votes [83.33%])

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

2. London Broncos (1 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,159 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:42 AM

Discuss the game here.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#2 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

Oh grief - it was going to be bad enough but with Warrington determined to show that Good Friday was an aberration...........

#3 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,159 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

Referee: R Silverwood
Touch Judge: A Bentham
Touch Judge: M Kidd
Reserve: P Cromer
Match Commissioner: P Taberner
In Goal: T Hudson
In Goal: M Woodhead
Time Keeper: A Mills

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#4 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,159 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

Warrington squad: Ryan Atkins, Chris Bridge, Garreth Carvell, Mike Cooper, Ben Currie, Simon Grix, Ben Harrison, Micky Higham, Chris Hill, Brett Hodgson, Joel Monaghan, Michael Monaghan, Richie Myler, Gareth O'Brien, Stefan Ratchford, Trent Waterhouse, Ben Westwood, Rhys Williams, Paul Wood.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,159 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

London Squad: Michael Channing, Liam Colbon, Matt Cook, Kieran Dixon, Erjon Dollapi, Ben Fisher, Shane Grady, Alex Hurst, Antonio Kaufusi, Olsi Krasniqi, Tommy Lee, Will Lovell, Mike McMeeken, Chris Melling, Chad Randall, Dan Sarginson, Scott Wheeldon, Michael Witt, James Woodburn-Hall.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#6 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

No Gower or Dorn - can we just e-mail the points to Warrington and save the horror of actually playing the game? Pretty please.

#7 Wilderspoolmemories

Wilderspoolmemories
  • Coach
  • 751 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

Vast Warrington improvement needed after friday's disaster!
2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16
2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6
2011 League Leaders Shield Winners
2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

#8 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,731 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

Eek....wounded warrington in their manor.....no gower or dorn......good luck broncos, you'll need it!

#9 Black Country Wire

Black Country Wire
  • Coach
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:25 PM

Vast Warrington improvement needed after friday's disaster!

Pretty much word for word what I was going to post here!

Last new RL ground (83): Langtree Park, St Helens - Leeds v Warrington 9/8/14

#10 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

I am royally Po'ed by the naming of this squad berifit of Gower, Robertson, Dorn, Clubb and Rodney it is the equivalent of running up the white flag and does bring the integrity of the Easter Monday game in question.
I will be in attendance having spent £ 65 on train travel so my total cost will be in the region of £ 100 to watch our reserve graders get flogged by about 60 points. I feel cheated
Warrington fans who have paid to see a contest will be cheated
The Warrington club will get less gate money as casual attenders go elsewhere so they have been cheated of revenue.
Warrington's rivals will not be happy to see them gain two points and vastly improve their points difference and will feel cheated.
Yet another thing to be P***ed at the Broncos with :angry: :angry: :angry:

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#11 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,830 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:37 PM

Smithy will have put em through it this weekend so Wire to bounce back and win by 20
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#12 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,159 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

Warrington, by 32.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#13 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,159 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

This one doesn't look pretty.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#14 Jill Halfpenny fan

Jill Halfpenny fan
  • Coach
  • 4,450 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

I am royally Po'ed by the naming of this squad berifit of Gower, Robertson, Dorn, Clubb and Rodney it is the equivalent of running up the white flag and does bring the integrity of the Easter Monday game in question.
I will be in attendance having spent £ 65 on train travel so my total cost will be in the region of £ 100 to watch our reserve graders get flogged by about 60 points. I feel cheated
Warrington fans who have paid to see a contest will be cheated
The Warrington club will get less gate money as casual attenders go elsewhere so they have been cheated of revenue.
Warrington's rivals will not be happy to see them gain two points and vastly improve their points difference and will feel cheated.
Yet another thing to be P***ed at the Broncos with :angry: :angry: :angry:

You might win.
Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

#15 Spicer

Spicer
  • Coach
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:13 PM

It makes you wonder just how disrespectful to the fans of the game we can get what with this and last thursday`s scenario.
And we are obviously intent on making it three in a row saturday..

Unfortunately the writing was on the wall Warrington wise I suppose reading TR`s comments friday and noticing only Bishay and Thomas
of the dual coders on show at Skolars v Hemel.

I just hope those who pay good money to go see a contest.

Edited by Spicer, 31 March 2013 - 09:15 PM.

#16 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,159 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

FT

54-20

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#17 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,883 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

It was a bit of a shambles today apart from a 15 minute burst in the 2nd half.

I don't know what to say about London but they were never going to win. They played with spirit to be fair, but I don't know what else they brought. The difference for me was that we cut out our errors in the second half but London didn't cut out theirs.

Wire were pretty shocking - maybe we're spoiled, I don't know - but apart from fantastic performances by Ratchford and Hill I don't know what we take from the game.

On a positive note, Ben Currie is going to be a massive name in rugby. As my mate put it simply with 10 minutes to go, "he's just got everything". Plenty more will be written about him but that just about sums it up.

#18 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:30 AM

Given the side we put out, losing by 9 tries to 4 was a decent result - wonder how many of our 'wounded' little soldiers will have made a miraculous recovery by next Saturday <_<

#19 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

The moment I heard the team announced at the ground, I knew London had about as much chance of beating Warrington as I have of a hot date with Jessica Alba... :(

True it was a spirited performance and the side kept going until the end with a try in the last minutes giving the score a veneer of respectability, Certainly in the first half there was a Kieran Dixon hat trick, the first after a break by Chad Randall, who has his critics but fronted up yesterday in the manner you would expect from a senior player, the second try was a highlights reel move before Dixon's dive into the corner for the third,. The clutch of about 8 (excluding me) London fans breaking into a malodorous chant of “shoes off for the Broncos” Raising their footwear after each try. However London's defensive frailties were exposed with Alex Hurst having a mare under the high ball and being responsible for two Warrington tries. It can be damaging for a young players confidence to debut in a side that's getting thrashed, particularly when the error is yours'

Once Warrington realised you can attack the Broncos around the flanks in the second half they started to control the game more with Stefan Ratchford having enough room to drive a Stobart lorry up the middle for two of the tries. It seems churlish to say this about a side that has put 54 points on you but Tony Smith would realistically only give his side a 7 out of 10 for that performance with a lot off dropped ball and two tries bombed when passes flew into the touchline rather than to the waiting winger. A full strength Broncos side would have had an opportunity to perform a smash and grab raid for the points at the HJ IMO.

Comparisons are made about The London Phantom Kieran Dixon and Jason Robinson but surely at this stage in his career the most appropriate comparator would be Kevin Penney another winger who made a flying start until his defensive frailties were exposed. Judging by the stats in the unique Warrington programme Kieran prior to this game was league leader in the Opta stats with 24 errors. He was certainly at fault with Warrington's second try, and was moved infield by the Broncos for the rest of the game so as not to leave him isolated on the wing. His International future will be stalled until this is sorted. The question is will his defence improve under the coaching at London?

A rare outing also for Chris Melling - once when he first joined the club a GB international no less at full back, before his weakness against the high ball was exposed. According to former coach Brian McDermott, Chris is a winger who is an ideal utility player who can play in a variety of positions. Unfortunately these days this versatility is more on display at Hemel Stags than for London. He is a good example of a player going backwards at the club. as indeed is another ex-Hemel stag in Dan Sarginson who is not looking half the player he promised to be when he first broke into the side in late 2011.

My return train was delayed due to a derailed freight train outside Preston. Anxious to get back to London everybody got on the Birmingham New Street train to change at Crewe where a train was awaiting on Platform 5. Whom did I see on the platform strolling towards me resplendent in Broncos jacket and cream trousers shoulder bag slung over shoulder but Gus Mackay, who looked at me as the only Bronco on the platform and then speedily ducked into WH Smith's, Gus has been taking much flack from the Loyal and Loud who even managed a guttural "Gus out", led by the bloke who never seems to get laryngitis shouting LAAAN DAN, at Warrington. So avoiding Bronco fans who might want to ask some interesting questions seems to be his priority. Will he travel by Chiltern Railways to our next "Home" game v Bradford I wonder?

What I can say is Gus was travelling First Class on the train walking to the very front. Given the club's cash strapped status, I do hope our hapless CEO booked his first class ticket in advance... ;)

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#20 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,159 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:45 AM

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users