Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dewsbury Rams v Batley Bulldogs - match discussion and 'banter' here

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#1 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 810 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

Moderator: Please keep it good-natured! :P

Gfdu who is injured?
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#2 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

too many to list really , glen has spent today trying to beg steal or borrow any players available so we can fulfill the monday fixture .

Edited by guest from down under, 29 March 2013 - 04:11 PM.

#3 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

too many to list really , glen has spent today trying to beg steal or borrow any players available so we can fulfill the monday fixture .

Can we call Cosgrove back from his loan?

#4 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

Will Buchanan be fit play again Batley?

#5 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 810 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

Well it gets worse. Good job we didn't play Cougars or coolie may well have had to play.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#6 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:21 PM

Well it gets worse. Good job we didn't play Cougars or coolie may well have had to play.

Will Coolie be an impact player and be used in 2 minute stints?

#7 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,565 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

I Cant get registered as its the easter weekend
so glenns just gonna have to cope without me

oh well maybe next time ;)

#8 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:59 PM

Leave the snow on the field and get the game called off.
Its what the mutts would do.

Edited by EQUALIZER, 29 March 2013 - 06:06 PM.

#9 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

cosgrove cannot be recalled until next weekend

#10 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

leave it on get the game called off if were struggling to raise a squad.Its what the mutts would do.

How do you know?

#11 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

Leave the snow on the field and get the game called off.
Its what the mutts would do.

Can we move all the snow surrounding the stadium and put it on the pitch?

#12 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:11 PM

How do you know?

Local kids have been using your pitch for sledging. It's common knowledge it has the best slope in the area! :lol:

#13 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,077 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

Respect to the players surely.

Their pride will make them want to play and they deserve the best chance that the pitch can provide. Injuries are a part and parcel of the game, even if DR shouldn't be! Many players will say that they didn't begin to cope with recovering from the physicality of the game until their bodies matured properly (25+). We may be paying the price for our youth-based recruitment policy.

My body, on the other hand, is now perfectly matured but would have the same chance of withstanding a game as a fine French cheese.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#14 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

Given where we are with injuries are we really helping the club by trying to get the game on? With a postponement, a re-arranged game later on might give us a chance of a bonus point, but it seems daft to try and stage the game at all.

Laughable. With a pile up of fixtures you could be in a worse position. The club or rather the fans need to grow a pair and take yer upcoming whoopin like men :)

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#15 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:45 AM

Laughable. With a pile up of fixtures you could be in a worse position. The club or rather the fans need to grow a pair and take yer upcoming whoopin like men :)

Since when did a Batley fan have balls.Its a shame there wont be any of the poodles there to watch.Or can you muster an away support out of your famouse 500 club.If this had been the other way round the ginger gerbal would have called it off by now.

Edited by EQUALIZER, 30 March 2013 - 01:07 AM.

#16 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:32 AM

I actually find piggys quite humerous unlike gruker who is just an imbecile . we just have to take the stick at the moment as piggys will have to do when the tables are turned eventually

#17 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:15 AM

I actually find piggys quite humerous unlike gruker who is just an imbecile . we just have to take the stick at the moment as piggys will have to do when the tables are turned eventually

Exactly!

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#18 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:37 AM

Im all for banter PM but you seem to have taken the anti-rams bias to a new level this season! some might say, almost gruckeresque <_<

Nah - sorry John, but even at his most anti ram, PM's posts are tongue in cheek, and without real malice - and TBH I find the coolie v PM ding dong entertaining. For an example of gruckers biting wit, a quick visit to the ostrich site should convince you that although he is a master of literary disguise, none of his alter ego's resemble PM. Best just to take it on the chin (queue witty repost there) and save revenge for when the dogs have had their day and it's our turn. ;)

#19 muddyfunster

muddyfunster
  • Coach
  • 942 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:43 AM

01 Apr KO:18:00 Championship Rd: 10
Dewsbury Rams v Batley Bulldogs
Tetley's Stadium
Ref: G Hewer Vid Ref: - Touch J: S Daniel In Goal: - Touch J: D McNeice In Goal: - Reserve: D Butler Time K: - M Com: C Hodgson

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/

name.png

#20 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,565 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

I dredd to think what dr frankenstein would get
combining D.N.A from a batley fan & a featherstone fan.

cos you'd try combine this
one fan thinks his team cant be beaten
with another thinks nobodys a right to beat his team & if they do happen to lose..it was because they played rubbish..not that the other team were better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users