Dewsbury Rams v Batley Bulldogs - match discussion and 'banter' here

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#41 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

I was at the mount on Friday, you know spying the enemy and all, I can honestly say that you batley lot didn't exactly turn up in numbers.

Starting to see the light eh KTR ;)

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#42 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:10 PM

And me

come say hello piggy

halfway line halfway up in the southstand.

;)

Will do coolie i should have no trouble finding you amongst the sparse home crowd. Plus the fact your mittens will be hanging out of yer coat sleeves on string will be a dead givaway ;)

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

#43 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

I won't - I can't attend any evening/night matches due to other commitments - another wasted coupon out of my season ticket. Just wish we'd stop mucking about with KO times. :angry:

100% agree, 6pm KO of a Monday evening is just ridiculous tbh.
Is there a reason it can't be at 2 or 3 or even midday?

Re coolie, you're not that bloke in the baseball cap who looks like he hasn't been sober since birth are you?

Edited by funkmaster flex, 31 March 2013 - 04:28 PM.

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#44 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

Anybody whos anybody knows who i am FF ;)

;)

#45 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

100% agree, 6pm KO of a Monday evening is just ridiculous tbh.
Is there a reason it can't be at 2 or 3 or even midday?

Re coolie, you're not that bloke in the baseball cap who looks like he hasn't been sober since birth are you?

Dont know why the mutts are bleating they wont be making the long trip across the valley.
Whats up with 6 past your bedtime ?

Edited by EQUALIZER, 31 March 2013 - 05:20 PM.

#46 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 681 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

Dont know why the mutts are bleating they wont be making the long trip across the valley.

you never have anything constructive to say Energizer...even your sheepy friends are bleating at the 6.00pm kick off...
when you have a 3.000 crowd on Boxing day for the Derby....i guess you think 2,500 are from Dewsbury ?...
( lol dreams of 73 ).........

#47 dogga

dogga
  • Coach
  • 341 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

who wants to go to an old tip in dewsbury
union whats that?

#48 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

who wants to go to an old tip in dewsbury

Have a word piggy - they're having a go at your house. :lol:

#49 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

;)

You're the guy with the Dewsbury shirt with 'Bukanon' across the back ;)

In regards to our ground I think it's great, not stadium-esque but a real rugby ground. If the grass was opened back up then for my money it's probably as good as anywhere else.
Batley is a decent ground, but is ruined for me by the fact it is always absolutely freezing cold and by the speakers that sound like they are farting at full blast.
Out of the two grounds I'd say travelling Batley fans are being treated coming to Dewsbury :)

#50 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

Dear Mr Woodwood. For starters Sheep bleat. Secondly its hardly a long trip and as most batley fans are smart enough to pass the driving test so we have cars to get around. And finaly as its not a school nite we can stop up until 9.30 so put that in yer pipe n smoke it

#51 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

;)

Is FF that male trolly dolly who reckons he's some sort of explorer?

#52 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

Is FF that male trolly dolly who reckons he's some sort of explorer?

Busted :/

#53 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

Our home support night only be 700 hardcore but we always take far more to Dewsbury than we get in terms of Rams fans for the return leg so not really sure where Equalizer is coming from there, as usual.. That's not really one anyone can argue about. Our away support in general is fantastic, much better than the Rams with the greatest respect. Just a shame we can't get a few more up to the Mount on a regular basis, but that's been an issue for a number of years.

Hopefully a good game tomorrow though. The Rams may have injury problems but I can't see past a very tight encounter, as is usually the case.

#54 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

you never have anything constructive to say Energizer...even your sheepy friends are bleating at the 6.00pm kick off...
when you have a 3.000 crowd on Boxing day for the Derby....i guess you think 2,500 are from Dewsbury ?...
( lol dreams of 73 ).........

Lets be serious then, I would say starting at 1800hrs on E/Mon benifits a 1500 start..Theres alot of people will go out for an hour or two during the day and then go to the match at night.Theres also a few that are workingTheres also those that have been off for the weekend and are coming back home.The kids are off so cant see whats wrong with the 1800 start.Plus we could have a severe frost after tea and we might live to fight another day.

#55 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

Out of the two grounds I'd say travelling Batley fans are being treated coming to Dewsbury :)

FF av you ad a dose of dengi fever from one of yer exotic ryan air trips to glasgow? The sham stadium is like two bus shelters on a piece of wasteland! Shawcross sharks have a better stadium :lol:

#56 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:00 PM

Have a word piggy - they're having a go at your house. :lol:

Sorry GOR he's definatly on about the big bus shelters up on owl lane! I remember playing on the pit stacks as s kid and being chased by the shawcross madhatters and then they went and spoil it by throwing together some scrap metal and then pretending Eric France sponsored it when in fact he supplied it!

#57 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

Dear Mr Woodwood. For starters Sheep bleat. Secondly its hardly a long trip and as most batley fans are smart enough to pass the driving test so we have cars to get around. And finaly as its not a school nite we can stop up until 9.30 so put that in yer pipe n smoke it

You sure about the driving test bit.I heard 3 fails and they counted it a pass up at Mount Tali.

#58 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

Lets be serious then, I would say starting at 1800hrs on E/Mon benifits a 1500 start..Theres alot of people will go out for an hour or two during the day and then go to the match at night.Theres also a few that are workingTheres also those that have been off for the weekend and are coming back home.The kids are off so cant see whats wrong with the 1800 start.Plus we could have a severe frost after tea and we might live to fight another day.

Kicking off at 6.00 is a bad move. If people are going to the coast (which is unlikely with the weather) they are not going to set off back in the middle of the afternoon if it is a warm day.

The game will be clashing with the Sky game (Catalans v Leeds) and Leeds United kick off at 5.05. It is also Chelsea v Man United at 12.30 which will probably attract a few people in the pubs who unless Batley/Dewsbury supporters will probably not be going home after a couple of hours to watch tonights Derby.

The game should have kicked off at 15.00. The Gawthorpe Coal run is on today starting at 12.00 which usually attracts a good crowd . The pubs in Gawthorpe and the surrounding area (including the Royal Oak) are usually packed after the run. A 15.00 kick off would have attracted alot more floating supporters and if Dewsbury have Sky then some supporters might have stayed to watch the Sky game.

Edited by bulldogtrev, 01 April 2013 - 10:12 AM.

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

#59 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

could be along day at the office.Injuries galour means another unsettling of the side.Need to get behind the young uns bit of encouragement make sure the heads dont drop.Wish i felt more confident but cant see us stopping Batley getting a B.P. :lol: :lol: :lol:

#60 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:15 PM

could be along day at the office.Injuries galour means another unsettling of the side.Need to get behind the young uns bit of encouragement make sure the heads dont drop.Wish i felt more confident but cant see us stopping Batley getting a B.P. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck to the lads - I'll be there in spirit - as were the rams defenders last thursday. :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users