Results 30.3.13

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 rodgerthedodger

rodgerthedodger
  • Facebook
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

good win today for west hull, i thought skirlaugh would go well this year but going off todays performance they will struggle in my opionion, they was poor in attack and didnt really create anything to trouble wests defence, they will have to improve if they are to cause an upset like people think they will in the challenge cup next week.

i see dockers won again today, good start to the season for them!

who was missing for myton today? thought they would have beat lock lane

#22 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

good win today for west hull, i thought skirlaugh would go well this year but going off todays performance they will struggle in my opionion, they was poor in attack and didnt really create anything to trouble wests defence, they will have to improve if they are to cause an upset like people think they will in the challenge cup next week.

i see dockers won again today, good start to the season for them!

who was missing for myton today? thought they would have beat lock lane

m.welham j.precious m. spencer , 3 notable ones. Lacked any creativity forwards did well but the halfs was poor IMO

#23 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

Who was the ref?

The guy was a clone of Steve Ganson! Some very dubious decisions but Egremont v Brow was an outstanding game
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#24 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 658 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

Up the Mont!!
Get in,

Aint no stoping Farrer from 10yards...

#25 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

Milford Marlins 28-20 Rochdale Mayfield Tough game with some big hits from bothside.

#26 chorleypie

chorleypie
  • Players
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

Up the Mont!!
Get in,

Aint no stoping Farrer from 10yards...

can't believe there are some sore losers on here blaming the ref, but at least we can say best fans in the world and over 1200 people for an amateur game shows the passion in the mont vs brow game. absolute immense game to watch from the shed.

#27 Sandspine

Sandspine
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:22 AM

Stanningley 22 Castleford Panthers 24
Panthers are rebuilding after a disastrous season last year and put faith in their youth which paid for new coach Daz Simms today.

He is a good lad Daz, got alot of time for him. He will get the team playing for each other again.

#28 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 200 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:18 AM

West Hull beat Skirlaugh 24 0 the West Hull team always had the upper hand even after having two players sin binned after a bit of a punch up they scored twice, i read on an earlier post that Skirlaugh would be a top 4 side on that performance i will say not very likely. Matty Brooks tried hard to create but had very little in the way of options to work with the only other player in their team that stuck out was the number 12 who was voted as their motm

#29 Bigtackle

Bigtackle
  • Players
  • 53 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:02 AM

I went to the West Hull v Skirlaugh match, after 10 minutes there were no doubts who the winners would be. I said before the season that the only Hull team that would be caught in the relegation battle would be Skirlaugh as they do not appear to have improved their squad from last season, sadly I fear for them. I thought their only saving grace was they do have some promising youth coming through however I heard yesterday that they are losing youngsters left right & centre to other clubs (not sure how true this is ?) I thought Skirlaughs 7 worked hard but their 6 was pretty dire and certainly did not know how to tackle (Wests scored twice running through him!), I agree with Rammo23 that the only decent player they had was the number 12 who ran the ball hard. The number 3 for West Hull was outstanding and would have been my MOM I also thought that West f/back had a good game, overall a well deserved win for Wests.

#30 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:30 AM

Could not believe the lack of passion in this game , some good solid defence down the middle but the lack of attacking rugby was a shock , ref had an ok game .The east Hull player that lost the ball then got himself sent off was the final nail in the coffin for East's , Dockers number 9 and 7 had good games and 22 for East's.

Still, at least we found an athlete to rival Usain Bolt. Danny Ullyatt's speed off the mark for Dockers' second try was phenomenal.

rldfsignature.jpg

#31 The Assassin

The Assassin
  • Players
  • 90 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:56 AM

Ulyatts first game in just under a year and he's still got that lightening pace! Must of been them £10 Mitre boots!
Is he having a laugh?, are you having a laugh?

#32 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

Not heard that Skirlaugh are losing any of our players, but i wouildnt disagree that we were very poor and have been so far this season, scoring only 2 tries in 3 league games is poor, but i'm sure the lads will keep working away and hopefully turn things around

#33 rollman

rollman
  • Coach
  • 187 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

Good to see Danny back out there but think even he was embarrassed that try was given!!

#34 Bigtackle

Bigtackle
  • Players
  • 53 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

Not heard that Skirlaugh are losing any of our players, but i wouildnt disagree that we were very poor and have been so far this season, scoring only 2 tries in 3 league games is poor, but i'm sure the lads will keep working away and hopefully turn things around

Fair enough mate that is why I put a question mark, I know as well as any-one what the rumour mill is like, especially at derby games. I hope the lads do turn it around for you, but for me most lacked passion and their was no evidence of a game plan, I think West had a great defensive game and was right in your faces however I do not recall seeing your boys even attempt an offload. Your boys appear to play one up rugby which is probably due to lack of support play I think they need to start shifting the ball, good luck with it all mate.

#35 red rocket

red rocket
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

if the ref at the mont game was mark laing the result doesnt suprise me.but he will probably make it right when he has brow at home.then all will be forgiven.wink nod

#36 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

if the ref at the mont game was mark laing the result doesnt suprise me.but he will probably make it right when he has brow at home.then all will be forgiven.wink nod

Mark Laing was down on the appointment list for this game.

#37 Isohunt

Isohunt
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

Does mark Laing travel out of Cumbria???

#38 henage

henage
  • Coach
  • 155 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

Still, at least we found an athlete to rival Usain Bolt. Danny Ullyatt's speed off the mark for Dockers' second try was phenomenal.

played well the number 7 (ullyatt ?)looked dangerous with the ball in hand.

#39 flatfell

flatfell
  • Coach
  • 132 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:41 PM

Does mark Laing travel out of Cumbria???

i wish he did he is too fat and slow and thinks people have came to watch him and not rugby spoiled a great game

#40 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

The east Hull player that lost the ball then got himself sent off was the final nail in the coffin for East's

I think East's lost it when they went behind to the lightning quick Danny Ullyatt's try. They had lost the plot before Parkin was sent off. The ref let way too much go at the PTB. The lying on was ridiculous. How many pens were there for ball stealing?

Edited by deluded pom?, 31 March 2013 - 04:09 PM.

rldfsignature.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users