Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Results 30.3.13

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 henage

henage
  • Coach
  • 145 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

I think East's lost it when they went behind to the lightning quick Danny Ullyatt's try. They had lost the plot before Parkin was sent off. The ref let way too much go at the PTB. The lying on was ridiculous. How many pens were there for ball stealing?

play the ball area is a real problem for rugby league, very difficult for refs .The player taking the ball in should secure the ball

#42 wiganstjudes

wiganstjudes
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

Millom 12 - Wigan St judes 48

Judes travelled up to Cumbria to take on Millom the match was played at Millom R.U. as their own ground is still not fit after some restoration work and the big pitch suited the Judes style of play, after only three minutes Gareth Thomas broke down the right and M.O.M. Paul Pendlebury was on hand to take the return pass and cross Thomas converted the next try was again created by Pendlebury he put Scott Robinson through a gap and as the cover came across he put in a kick and Gareth Thomas won the race for the grounding he goaled again, it was all Judes now as the home side struggled with the pace of the visitors attack and fast hands right to left got wingman Nathan Jones over in the corner Thomas added the extras andthen on the stroke of half time Pendlebury broke the defensive line and drew the cover before handing it on to the supporting Robinson who went over by the posts Thomas again obliged to make it 24-0 at the break.
The second half saw the Millom defence under pressure as halfbacks Pendlebury and Dave Carney were spraying out some pin point passes creating havoc on the Millom edges Stephen King was put away and side stepped the cover to go round theposts Thomas converted then Pendlebury scored a great individual try skipping through the line and Barry Rothwell tagged on the extras, the constant pressure was telling on the Millom line and fast hands again allowed full back Rothwell to show his pace and out strip the tiringcover to cross he added the goal to make it 42-0 with five minutes remaining, full credit to Millom they never gave up and scored a well deserved converted try through a lapse in the Judes defence to avoid a whitewash but back came the visitors and from broken play Scott Robinson powered his way over from thirty metres out brushing off a couple of attemptedtackles on the way Rothwell rounded off the Judes scoring and well into injury time the homeside crossed for the final try by the sticks and it was converted on the full time whistle.

#43 Bruce

Bruce
  • Players
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

Heard thatto gave ince a good hiding on their own midding! Not sure of the score but believe thatto notched up a half century. Looking at previous results for ince, I found this a surprise, have they lost players does anyone know, or was it a case of thatto just being on fire? Any write up Sattto man?

#44 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:11 AM

play the ball area is a real problem for rugby league, very difficult for refs .The player taking the ball in should secure the ball

It seemed like every other penalty, and there were a lot of them, was for ball stealing.

rldfsignature.jpg

#45 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

Heard thatto gave ince a good hiding on their own midding! Not sure of the score but believe thatto notched up a half century. Looking at previous results for ince, I found this a surprise, have they lost players does anyone know, or was it a case of thatto just being on fire? Any write up Sattto man?

Yeah there is a write up on the THC website

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#46 Isohunt

Isohunt
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

i wish he did he is too fat and slow and thinks people have came to watch him and not rugby spoiled a great game

says a lot about him aswel when he's partying at the prince of egremonts engagement

#47 red rocket

red rocket
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

says a lot about him aswel when he's partying at the prince of egremonts engagement

big call that isohunt if true!

#48 Isohunt

Isohunt
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

big call that isohunt if true!

@redrocket I was told from a very good source!! Seems to be the only ref in ncl that refs in Cumbria, bearing in mind Lancashire is only hour and half away.

#49 Bruce

Bruce
  • Players
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

Yeah there is a write up on the THC website

Cheers statman just had a butchers, looks like thatto have a very bright future ahead with all the youth coming through replacing the lads that have retired and moved to semi pro teams. Out of interest, how many players have you lost through retirement and signing semi pro?

#50 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

Cheers statman just had a butchers, looks like thatto have a very bright future ahead with all the youth coming through replacing the lads that have retired and moved to semi pro teams. Out of interest, how many players have you lost through retirement and signing semi pro?

We lost Alex Trumper half way through last year when he signed a short term deal at Saints and has since moved on to Rochdale. Danny Davies, Alex McClurg and Dave Hull have joined Rochdale while Ant Bate has gone to Leigh Centurions. Glenn Holland has gone travelling and Josh Lynch has gone to Aus to play. David Johnson and James Clarke have both retired. It is the same for a lot of teams though, every team will lose and gain a few players each year. We've been lucky that the U18s have been a real exceptional team for the last couple of years and a few of those are now starting to go very well at NCL level. A couple of really tough fixtures coming up though with trips to Skirlaugh and Egremont on the back of Featherstone next week but hopefully we'll carry on going ok.

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#51 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 648 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

So what if he was?? Is he not allowed friends?? Im sure most refs are mates with some players.means nothing.

#52 Isohunt

Isohunt
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

So what if he was?? Is he not allowed friends?? Im sure most refs are mates with some players.means nothing.

I'm sure if shoe was on the other foot you wouldn't be saying that

#53 Loiner

Loiner
  • Coach
  • 310 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

Hunslet warriors 10-4 east leeds, great game to watch.

Agreed low scoring I know but a good old fashioned game of rugby league, both sides were a credit to the game well played.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users