This seasons rugby

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

With about 16 league games to go, do we have to start worrying yet. I don't think so. From what I have seen since the start of the year, we are getting better. I'd go out on a limb and say we'd finish 7th or 8th this season.
What does worry me though, is the game of 2 halves. Don't know whats going wrong. I'm not blaming anyone because like pip said in a different post, we're lucky to be playing rugby this season.
Just wanted to let the players and the coaching staff know that we still believe.
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#2 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

Well said.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#3 Walnut

Walnut
  • Players
  • 56 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:52 AM

At least we are not getting stuffed every game. Some close games mean that we are at least competitive, and the second half of the season is always the most important.
If we get it together on Monday for 80 minutes then all is not lost. Having watched Barrow for over 30 years I know we have been in worse situations, with lesser players and at least we have two good lads coaching for a change.

I agree with livo, this team could start to impress soon.
H.

#4 joe142

joe142
  • Coach
  • 394 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:54 AM

Agreed 100% behind the coaches and the players we're good enough to stay up stick at it lads!
If you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough, when you get knocked down you gotta get back up...

#5 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 469 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:38 AM

Whats the chance of seein Holty come out of retirement for a few games, give us some much needed direction around the field, which we're lacking with injuries to Kaighan and Campbell currently, also his goalkicking expertise wouldn't go amiss either. Come on holty, pull us out of the mire......please.

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#6 BIG IAN

BIG IAN
  • Coach
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:51 AM

Hi guys coming over from york on Monday, can you let me know the post code of the ground, please.
What's the weather been like.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 RAIDERSRUS

RAIDERSRUS
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:10 AM

Hi Ian, hope this helps,

DIRECTIONS TO GROUND
From the M6 Motorway, take Junction 36 for “Barrow and The Lake District”. Follow the directions for Barrow-in-Furness on the A590. Continue on this road which will take you into Barrow-in-Furness (keep heading for Walney Island and Barrow Town Centre) – this will take between 30 to 40 minutes.

The road on which you are approaching Barrow is named Hindpool Road. Look out for the Fire Station on the right hand side of the road, followed almost immediately by Asda on the left hand side of the road. Once you have passed the Lidl Supermarket also on your left hand side, take the next left turn onto Duke Street. Continue down this road for approximately 500 yards, whereupon Craven Park will be on your right hand side (the great “Willie Horne” statue appears on the left hand side opposite the ground entrance).

#8 Deep

Deep
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

Hi Everyone,

Just be careful where you park, remember it is Monday and some of the supermarkets etc have time limits.

#9 BIG IAN

BIG IAN
  • Coach
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:13 AM

cheers for info guys, see you all on monday
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

Big Ian beware.
I have tried to P M you but got a message saying you can't receive any more PM's.
I put LA14 5UW into google earth and got the soccer ground.
I searched Royal Mail postcode finder for a house at the bottom of the street opposite the min entrance (5 Nelson Street) and got LA14 1NG
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users