Steve McNamara please read this.

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#61 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,164 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:19 AM

Sinfields played 32 Test matches and has been out of his depth or had an "Andy Currier" in all but about 3 of them!

:rolleyes:
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#62 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,672 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:19 AM

The only situation in which you could pick Brough would be if you managed to trick him into thinking it was February and that the Aussies were some ten-a-penny West Yorkshire team. Otherwise he'll go hiding again.

Edited by Just Browny, 01 April 2013 - 10:20 AM.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#63 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

so what would you do with james roby? one of the top 3 hookers in the world.........

what would i have done you mean..........play roby at loose?? or bench him..

but it never happened so nowt to worry about

Edited by roughyedspud, 01 April 2013 - 10:41 AM.

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#64 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,742 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:41 PM

what would i have done you mean..........play roby at loose?? or bench him..

but it never happened so nowt to worry about

So you'd play a hooker at loose and a stand off/loose forward at hooker?
Posted Image

#65 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

lol......i was being ironic with sticking roby at loose....

but sinfield was excellent when he played hookerfor england in 2009...he should have stayed there imo...

and i've mentioned the 1,6,7,9 spine that McNamara has built his team around....sinfield is 6 & roby is his 9....

so im not going to get into hypotheticals over what could/should have happened 4 years

OLDHAM RLFC

#66 petero

petero
  • Coach
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

I do not assume the NRL is the be all etc...Anyone, who has sky sports and premier sports can see for themselves. The difference in the speed, quality, intensity, execution and skills of the undivduals and teams involved. I am not saying we are guaranteed to win with Widdop and Brough.I am saying they will give us more chance then a Sinfield/Chase combo.

It is irrelavent anyway because Macnamara will pick Sinfiedl/Chase anyway and you will be very happy.

That is pure common sense pal: so you have no chance of not being ridiculed ( asI am ) for being an Aussie/NRL lover. It is beyond the intellect of many on here to find that admitting the truth is not being disloyal but can sometimes simply be worthwhile doing, so cut it out or be prepared to stand the consequences.

#67 petero

petero
  • Coach
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

And if we don't win with Widdop and Brough,who are the next in line?
I don't think it matters who the half back combination is,until we lose the hero worship mentality and learn to play for 80 minutes,we simply won't beat them regularly.

Once if we are lucky and twice should we have to, will suffice in October, what?

#68 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,164 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

Once if we are lucky and twice should we have to, will suffice in October, what?

And that's it is it.Short term satisfaction.Not addressing the real problems that beset RL in the UK to eneable us to constantly beat the Aussies.

#69 petero

petero
  • Coach
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

So that's ok then but if Chase had a stinker would it be the usual.Is Danny Brough above criticism?

Not from this quarter he isn't, I would not pick Brough because of items in his game that I have picked upon so many times, primarily his tendency to blow hot and cold and the unpredictablness of which cap he will turn up wearing.

#70 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,164 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:33 PM

Not from this quarter he isn't, I would not pick Brough because of items in his game that I have picked upon so many times, primarily his tendency to blow hot and cold and the unpredictablness of which cap he will turn up wearing.

Exactly,yet some don't see that.

#71 petero

petero
  • Coach
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:33 PM

Are you mixing George up with Tom?. George didn't get a game at bulls before he went down under.

Oh, sorry then and apologies for that, thanks for the reminder too.

#72 petero

petero
  • Coach
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

Wouldn't argue with that, but it would be interesting to see Widdop play regularly for a team that didn't have Slater, Smith and Cronk in it.

Ah yes, but what you have to ask yourself is: would Kevin Sinfield even gain a place in a team that has Slater, Smith and Cronk in it??

I am sorry to have to harp on this point but please do not compare the performance level in S/L with those required in the NRL. What is missing from that thinking is the quality of the opposition being faced weekly in each competition and sadly that comparison is badly skewed in one direction.

#73 petero

petero
  • Coach
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

And that's it is it.Short term satisfaction.Not addressing the real problems that beset RL in the UK to eneable us to constantly beat the Aussies.

Apart from the Australian Kangaroo's, what other team in World sport has dominated all others for practically 50 years? And in answer to your question, yes I would trade this years World cup over long term domination, that can come again the World cup 2013 will not. Ever!

#74 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,164 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

Apart from the Australian Kangaroo's, what other team in World sport has dominated all others for practically 50 years? And in answer to your question, yes I would trade this years World cup over long term domination, that can come again the World cup 2013 will not. Ever!

Are you related to Yoda?

#75 petero

petero
  • Coach
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

Are you related to Yoda?

Yoda???????????????????? Who that?

#76 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,164 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

Yoda???????????????????? Who that?

Seriously?
[attachment=4034:Yoda_SWSB.jpg]

#77 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

comedy gold lmao

OLDHAM RLFC

#78 petero

petero
  • Coach
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

Seriously?
[attachment=4034:Yoda_SWSB.jpg]

Yes, I repeat, who is Yoda? Seriously not joking.

#79 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

Yes, I repeat, who is Yoda? Seriously not joking.

Google it then.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#80 Saint Toppy

Saint Toppy
  • Coach
  • 2,643 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

Chase was absolutely pi$$ poor yesterday bar 1 pass that created a try.
On current form he shouldn't even be picked for an underperforming Cas side let alone for England !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users