Score Predictions for Leigh

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:37 AM

Need a massive improvement with ball retention to get even a point out of this game as they won't let us back into the game like the jampots.
Hearts are stupid things and mine is telling me we can sneak 3 points. My only slightly less stupid head says a bonus point and a 24-20 defeat.
Here's hoping my heart isn't so stupid!!
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#2 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 841 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:57 AM

If barrow can get a bonus point there why can't we, team unity why not

#3 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

Leigh 42-14 Town.

#4 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,924 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

tough game. no disrespect to barrow but they aren't having a good season and got a BP so that could.be possibility but it will have to be a improved display from the derby victory. heart says 30-20 head says 36 -14

#5 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,777 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

A point would be huge , but you've got to except we're just not playing well enough to envisage one . We're playing in fits n starts at home , so away points are gonna be hard to come by on what were seeing at DP . The good teams will murder you on the error rate were showing .Hope more than expectation .One thing I would like to see from the club this week is a injury update and ETA estimate on Matty and Rooney , given that Calders is hopefully only short term. Easter is sort of end of part one of the season , so lets hear where we are looking ahead to the next phase. I still think there should be a page on the official website saying who's injured , what it is and what their progress & diagnosis is ( eg , if they've had a setback )after getting info from the medical people . Would save a lot of whispers/ignorance with better communication in general .

Edited by DavidM, 31 March 2013 - 12:02 PM.

#6 leytherjay

leytherjay
  • Coach
  • 188 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:02 PM

We was shocking against Barrow on Friday.......if we play like that tomorrow you should get a bonus point (or may sneak a win)......hope we improve as were losing fans and no club can afford that at the mo.

Have a safe trip down.

NRC CHAMPIONS 2011 & 2013

#7 Bearintown

Bearintown
  • Coach
  • 297 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

Going on our away form since Swinton, its difficult to predict anything but a heavy loss for Town. Here' s hoping I am wrong.
Leigh 36 Town 6

#8 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,777 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:08 PM

Looks like its a 9 team league we're in now ! No surprises at all in how things have panned out so far . Couldn't have been better for us but could have been far worse first year up . OK as of now , but improvements still needed across the board and a comfortable season can be had .

Edited by DavidM, 31 March 2013 - 12:10 PM.

#9 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

going off past away performances ill go for leigh by 42-16.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#10 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,777 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:51 PM

Summat like that , but there is that 2nd game in 4 days factor that often gives the chance of unpredictability to hold on to . Wid us you just never know ! We have a performance there in us , but if you keep making errors and are having to burn petrol defending its not coming out .

Edited by DavidM, 31 March 2013 - 12:53 PM.

#11 GETEMONSIDE

GETEMONSIDE
  • Coach
  • 287 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

I'll go for Leigh 38 Town 18.
Always have been always will be the pride of West Cumbria!

#12 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,777 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

Dont forget the Taff derby is on telly so we'll be able to cheer on Ginge !!

Edited by DavidM, 31 March 2013 - 02:01 PM.

#13 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 435 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:49 PM

I've taken a leaf out of the big stupid book of haven fans' logic. That means Town will win 50-0 :) :) :) :) :)

#14 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

icant see us getting anything leigh to win by 16
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#15 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,789 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:22 PM

DON'T FORGET - The kick-off at Leigh tomorrow is 2.00pm NOT 3.00pm. We might even get a small mention on the radio before the others start!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#16 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:22 AM

I see no one has put a suggested team up yet which shows quite a bit of uncertainty. Can't see Stack playing, appears we don't have lawton or Hulme, doubts over Rooney, Thacks missing and we don't have the depth of squad anyhow. Are there any other Widnes DR's as now is the time we need them? I guess we have Coyle, Robinson and Gaskell to come in. Have I missed anyone?

Unless the lads that take the field today are really up for it I fear the worst.

#17 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 459 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:55 AM

Looks like Adam Lawton is 18th man today for Widnes.

#18 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:55 AM

predicted team.
carter,miller,morris,mossop,hulme,lupton,coyle,coward,callum,dowes,phillips,shacks,olstrum. forber,acton,stack,connor.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#19 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:57 AM

I see no one has put a suggested team up yet which shows quite a bit of uncertainty. Can't see Stack playing, appears we don't have lawton or Hulme, doubts over Rooney, Thacks missing and we don't have the depth of squad anyhow. Are there any other Widnes DR's as now is the time we need them? I guess we have Coyle, Robinson and Gaskell to come in. Have I missed anyone?

Unless the lads that take the field today are really up for it I fear the worst.

Widnes have a few injuries at the moment and players are due back in the next couple of weeks.Declan got concussion and Lawton in our 19 squad.Hope Declan is ok for today mate.I would have suggested Gore or Davies but even they are in our 19, and 2 won't play ,which is annoying for Workington if got injuries.

Edited by widnesrlfc, 01 April 2013 - 09:00 AM.

#20 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 459 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

predicted team.
carter,miller,morris,mossop,hulme,lupton,coyle,coward,callum,dowes,phillips,shacks,olstrum. forber,acton,stack,connor.

Probable combination in the circumstances, however if there is any doubt about the full fitness of Stack, I wouldn't risk him and add Robinson to the bench. Gaskell will probably be 18th man. Anyone know where Patrick is?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users