Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Challenge Cup

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 197 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:57 AM

This is turning into a bit of a farce how is it when it comes to the rounds when the championship sides enter the rules seem to change in their favour ie grounds must have a covered stand with appropriate fire/safety exits etc etc all of which the majority of amateur sides dont have and never likely will meaning they lose home advantage unless they find another ground in their home town at a ridiculas price so the fixture gets reversed if this is the way then why doesnt the RL draw the amateur sides out of a separate bag making sure they are drawn away in the first place, how many teams have had to reverse their cc fixtures for this reason

#2 Isohunt

Isohunt
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:40 AM

To be fair I think it's more about the occasion, not many teams will win against a championship side. Its a great day out and how many times do ameatuer players get to play at a semi pro ground and facilities. I'm sure if u reverse the fixture you get half of the gate money, could be wrong though.

#3 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 197 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

Normally I would agree with you, not this time though,no disrespect to the Roughyheads but have you seen or even been to their ground it isnt a pretty site

#4 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

Half of the gate money for an amateur clubs trip to South Wales Scorpions would not cover the cost of a coach!

#5 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

Half of the gate money for an amateur clubs trip to South Wales Scorpions would not cover the cost of a coach!

The travelling Amateur side gets £500 towards travel expenses . Whatever the distance.......

#6 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,695 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

That happened to us when we reached the 3rd round and went to play Whitehaven, they said after they had paid the costs they never made a thing.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#7 maxwel

maxwel
  • Coach
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

The travelling Amateur side gets £500 towards travel expenses . Whatever the distance.......

That £500 stopped at round 3 i was informed today by the RFL, you now produce a receipt from the coach company that you use and this taken into account as part of your payment before the gate takings are halved.
Its nice to be important, but never forget its important to be nice!!!

#8 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

Ive heard of that happening to a few amateur clubs Marauder. When I was at Irlam Hornets we got nothing off Swinton, yet when we went to Huddersfield they were brilliant with us. Gave us a cheque on the day, then sent another because they had miscalculated what they owed us! I have been to Halifax and Featherstone with Eccles as well and I believe they were very fair with us. Maybe Yorkshiremen are not such tight asses after all!

#9 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

That £500 stopped at round 3 i was informed today by the RFL, you now produce a receipt from the coach company that you use and this taken into account as part of your payment before the gate takings are halved.

Correct Maxwel. If our clubs in round 3 do their accounting properly they could end up with a windfall. A3.11 of the RFL Operational rules now come in to play. £1000 + travelling expenses BEFORE the home Pro club starts to look at their own running expenses....and after that it's time to share..... :)

#10 maxwel

maxwel
  • Coach
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:32 PM

Correct Maxwel. If our clubs in round 3 do their accounting properly they could end up with a windfall. A3.11 of the RFL Operational rules now come in to play. £1000 + travelling expenses BEFORE the home Pro club starts to look at their own running expenses....and after that it's time to share..... :)

Its about time amateur clubs had a windfall instead of what they have had recently a Snowfall. :D
Its nice to be important, but never forget its important to be nice!!!

#11 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,695 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:34 PM

Who is doing the accounts, LOL

We probably broke even over the 3 games we played that year, 1st Round Askam away, 2nd Thatto home 3rd Whitehaven away.

Thatto home
Posted Image

Edited by Marauder, 02 April 2013 - 09:49 PM.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#12 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:51 AM

Anyone know where the Skirlaugh-All Golds game is being played. Rumours (unconfirmed) that it has been switched to Cheltenham. Would be handy to know as if it is in Gloucestershire I'll be on match reporting duties for LE.
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#13 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 197 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

Heard the Skirlaugh game is at YPI in Hull on Sunday a rugby union ground

#14 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

Skirlaugh offered All Golds home advantage but a lot of All Golds staff are away and they can't do it according to League Weekly. Good luck to Skirlaugh and all the other amateur sides for the weekend. Think I will be taking in Ince .v. Hemel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users