Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Apples and Pears

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,707 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:55 AM

I've just been reading an attempt to justify that Haven are a better team than ours because the statistics prove it!!!!!

How do you compare apples and pears? Apparently because Haven beat York at home and we got stuffed by York away and because they won away at Keighley, before they went for DR players, and Barrow and we only won at Swinton and lost at Doncaster, that proves Haven are the better team.

I wonder how Haven will do away at York and Doncaster or how we will do when we are at home to York?

The bottom line is that after giving Halifax a good game last week your team thought they were world beaters once again (it happens just about every other week) and nearly every prediction on the Haven forum was for a comfortable Haven win, but you got beat by this team that you say is inferior. What does that tell you about your team?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

If only form lines were so transparent we'd all have bulging William Hill accounts ! They are ridiculous in their excuses n reasoning .

#3 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

Jesus,that's proper playground logic isn't it. I hope whoever wrote it is 5 or 6.

#4 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:08 PM

Jesus,that's proper playground logic isn't it. I hope whoever wrote it is 5 or 6.

It was good old BKM!!! :lol:
"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#5 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

enough said, the guy is a complete clown. the worse thing is he believes the tripe he writes.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#6 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

I've heard of grasping at straws but that's on another level of Irishness!

Edited by DavidM, 31 March 2013 - 12:25 PM.

#7 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

Makes sense, his iq is that of a 6 year olds.

#8 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,810 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

enough said, the guy is a complete clown. the worse thing is he believes the tripe he writes.

Even his twisted, bitter, jealousy ridden diatribes are not in the same league as the semi-illiterate delusions of 'Whitehaven RLFC 4 EVA' who seems to think Haven's pack battered ours ! Even other Haven fans are embarrassed by such complete and utter drivel.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#9 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

yes the usual culprit is analysing the fixtures so far and coming to this silly conclusion. tomorrows game will be totally different you know!! as the eagles have along journey up here and have had less rest!. they are actually predicting they will beat the eagles. he isn't a coach and he isn't a player but it will be different tommorow you know!!! when will he learn lol

#10 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

If only games lasted 20 minutes ... Our pack rumbles for 80 . We have our deficiencies but boy they're partly masked by our great conditioning and fitness . Our forwards are striving and driving in the tackle in minute 80 just like in minute 1. Same can never be said , Culnean apart , for any game we've played them .

Edited by DavidM, 31 March 2013 - 01:16 PM.

#11 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 824 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

Talking of clowns wheres are old mukka Choccy gone? now that marra could spowt some tripe :lol: :lol: come on marra give us a la bite eh :D :D its got to be hurting ye :(

#12 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

Can easy make a case for Sheffield being the best team in the league . Can't see them being as average again up here . They will be a proper handful and a half for the mob we seen on Friday.Maybe Woodsy ' s anger will boy them up for a while ... He certainly needed his angry trousers and angry jumper on Friday !!!

Edited by DavidM, 31 March 2013 - 01:22 PM.

#13 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,810 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

.Maybe Woodsy ' s anger will boy them up for a while ... He certainly needed his angry trousers and angry jumper on Friday !!!

Woodsy isn't well. He's been diagnosed with having an over active knife and fork.....

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#14 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

They are predicting a Haven win after the way they played on Friday??!!! Really??
The rest of the stuff I can kind of understand as its trying to put a good spin on things when your staring down a hole. But how can anyone reason that they can beat Sheffield? Did they not watch them tamely concede a local derby?
I want to be a bookmaker in Whitehaven!!
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#15 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

They are predicting a Haven win after the way they played on Friday??!!! Really??
The rest of the stuff I can kind of understand as its trying to put a good spin on things when your staring down a hole. But how can anyone reason that they can beat Sheffield? Did they not watch them tamely concede a local derby?
I want to be a bookmaker in Whitehaven!!

yes apparently haven are a different team at home. 24-22. 28-16 and 26-10 are some predicted haven wins lol. remember eagles 2nd half performances at DP compared to havens. oh dear!!

#16 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

Wow !

#17 ameliasdaddy

ameliasdaddy
  • Workington
  • 131 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

Aye who needs league tables when you've got old bkm , hell I even wonder why we play at all and just go with the teams on paper and bus journeys.

#18 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

Wait till they beat Skolars 150-0 then draw Warrington in the cup ... Oh oh the predictions of victory will be flooding in .

#19 thetimberman

thetimberman
  • Coach
  • 165 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

Well.................confession time.......ye gods.....i have seen the DVD of the Haven v Fax game and thought Fax were average and Haven were worse.......got it here if...... o shame on me,...... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

#20 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

That must have been a serious crime to merit that level of punishment !!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users