Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Apples and Pears

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 thetimberman

thetimberman
  • Coach
  • 167 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

Aye........super serious. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

#22 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 645 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

Even his twisted, bitter, jealousy ridden diatribes are not in the same league as the semi-illiterate delusions of 'Whitehaven RLFC 4 EVA' who seems to think Haven's pack battered ours ! Even other Haven fans are embarrassed by such complete and utter drivel.

No way!! Really? :lol: yet again I am left speechless from a haven fans comment...

#23 Gonch

Gonch
  • Coach
  • 344 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

They've turned on the Mont and Brow now, no wonder noone likes them absolute tards

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

#24 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,521 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

Reading back through the predictions for the town match is hilarious.

#25 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,737 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

I take it there were no realists who predicted a town win ? Or even a point for us ?!!

#26 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:02 PM

Reading back through the predictions for the town match is hilarious.

they are always the same then after the match its the usual "town were the best of two bad sides" crack. one of them now wishing leigh well tomorrow. well yeah maybe leigh can do something the mighty haven couldn't !

#27 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,771 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

I'm maybe doing H4E a dis-service because he's going to lengths to explain to me that he is not saying Haven are better than Town. If I understand it he is saying that he is saying that Town are not better than Haven!!!! Two quotes from him:-

"I'm not using this as a reason why Haven are better than you, (I'm) using it to prove you are doing no better than us"

" you are no better than us and again based on fixtures you could say you have done slightly worse"

Errrrr, yes, I see what you mean. The two teams are equal but Haven are slightly more equal then Town. :huh: :huh: :huh:

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#28 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 645 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

They've turned on the Mont and Brow now, no wonder noone likes them absolute tards

What they saying about Egremont?
Class weekend for me!!
TownandRangers.

Has anyone got a login for the jam site? Please.i just want to have a laugh

#29 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

I'm maybe doing H4E a dis-service because he's going to lengths to explain to me that he is not saying Haven are better than Town. If I understand it he is saying that he is saying that Town are not better than Haven!!!! Two quotes from him:-

"I'm not using this as a reason why Haven are better than you, (I'm) using it to prove you are doing no better than us"

" you are no better than us and again based on fixtures you could say you have done slightly worse"

Errrrr, yes, I see what you mean. The two teams are equal but Haven are slightly more equal then Town. :huh: :huh: :huh:

and in all these assessment of games played so far by him he forgets the head to head 28-16 defeat haven suffered at DP lol. he would.never conceed town are better and this is his desperate way of trying to explain why town are above them in the league.

#30 bigboy

bigboy
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

Has he been reading Animal Farm Keith

#31 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 645 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:32 PM

Just had a look on their forum...hahaha faacking hell... One of them said Paul Jackson was the best forward on the field.. :lol:

#32 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

Just had a look on their forum...hahaha faacking hell... One of them said Paul Jackson was the best forward on the field.. :lol:

he wasnt even the best forward with a bald head. although he was the best forward on the pitch called paul so ill have to give him that.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#33 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 645 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

I wouldnt...Cullnean was better...best prop called Jackson...he can have that one.

#34 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,737 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

Yeh all these imports , they'd do better with 6 like Cullnean. Ironic really .

#35 Havenwarrior

Havenwarrior
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

Must be reading a diffferent forum to me, all the posts are praising the game, and how well the 2 local teams played. If you want too stir trouble at least get yer facts right.

HW

#36 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,737 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

Must have been watching a different game to us as well... Praising the game and how well the teams played ?? Oops , I may have to force myself to actually read what haven fans are talking about before I get my dig in !
It's habit of it not being worth it ...

Edited by DavidM, 31 March 2013 - 10:11 PM.

#37 Gonch

Gonch
  • Coach
  • 344 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:59 AM

Must be reading a diffferent forum to me, all the posts are praising the game, and how well the 2 local teams played. If you want too stir trouble at least get yer facts right.

HW

From deluded fans.com
"Matty Palmer has been given opportunities to impress and hasn' t. He was described to me by an Egremont spectator as just average in attack but a tackling machine in defence. Well I am not saying he hasn't got potential, but a tackling machine he definitely is not. His timing is miles out and he is easily brushed aside."

Edited by Gonch, 01 April 2013 - 06:11 AM.

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

#38 Gonch

Gonch
  • Coach
  • 344 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:10 AM

Peter Bewsher is the worst amateur player to sign for Haven in a decade.
"
He didnt do too badly out of the deal either by all accounts.

The problem with Egremont is their support and players somehow think they are superior to Whitehaven after having a couple of good seasons in the amateur game."

They are 2 posts from your forum you clunk how about that.
Typical 1 eyed fan can't even see stuff right under your nose now jog on and enjoy your humble pie with the rest of the deluded ones

Edited by Gonch, 01 April 2013 - 06:12 AM.

#39 Havenwarrior

Havenwarrior
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:06 AM

Didn't expect to win on Friday, and were is the Wath Brow posts you on about, if u watched the game on Saturday, you will have seen that Bewsher was not a standout player, and was maybe not up to Pro RL. Matty Palmer maybe will be, but you don't have time in this league this season to take risks.

The Phillips boys have done you proud, and with them coming out of Cumbria RL and not the Conference, it's even more impressive. Bewsher was always telling Don he was a great player, he maybe should have showed that on the pitch, instead of via his mouth. He was lucky on Sat, that the Ref didn't see him spitting at a player has he got up from the tackle, or he would have been Sent Off.

Town are the better team at the moment, but we all know thus goes in cycles, so Havens turn will come again, and I hope it's with some good local Amateurs in our team.

HW

#40 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

a haven fans prediction for today Dews 42 Town 6 ! you gotta feel sorry for them lol

Edited by town4me, 01 April 2013 - 10:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users