Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Successful Season...?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

In your eyes what would you consider a successful season for us this year?
Playoffs? If so how far?
Good run in NRC or Challenge Cup?
Double over Hunslet? ;)
Anything else?
Personally I'd like to see us be 7th or higher come the end of the regular season, perhaps get drawn at home against a big SL club in 5th round of the Challenge Cup. Leeds could be good for us to get as I imagine there are a fair few RL supporters in York who go watch them instead of us just because they are in SL and could be a great chance to get them to follow us and see what we're about. (basing this comment of the amount of people who actually do come to the rugby wearing Rhinos clothing)

Edited by YCKonstantine, 31 March 2013 - 01:28 PM.

It's time to park the camels.

SQL 2014 League Leader

#2 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 654 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

Turn over Cas in cup would be nice

#3 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

If you play like you did against us(Fev) you will have little to fear about being in the play offs; A good win like that often changes a season; Keep it up and good luck;

#4 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

A few away wins and finish 6th or 7th, draw Fax at home in the cup think we could beat them after the way we played against them in the league, a treatment table that is not used in the second half of the season. B)

#5 SuperYork

SuperYork
  • Coach
  • 179 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

Top 7 and nice little cup run.

#6 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

Staying in this league is priority. Huddersfield away in the Cup because its been years since we've been there and the money we'd make from the crowd would set us up nicely :D. A win against Hunslet would be nice after the last few years results we've had against them. Semi-final of the NR cup. Also would be nice to beat a top team at home, say about 24-16 would be an ideal score line ;)

#7 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

Ps

Also developing some of the young lads so they get regular first team games, on merit and not through injuries, would be good

#8 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:09 PM

staying up and getting the crowds back
sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#9 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

Staying up would be a good starting point, after the last couple of seasons I wasn't very confident at all going into this one, to then finish in top 8 would be excellent, Top 6 would be amazing.
Posted Image

#10 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 615 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:27 PM

Including all Champ, CC, NRC and Friendlies - To win or draw more matches than we lose would be fantastic.

I class Halifax at home a draw btw - that freak gust of wind was the only difference.

It'd be nice to get on telly 'n all.

Edited by AndyHall, 31 March 2013 - 03:28 PM.

#11 Andy Knight

Andy Knight
  • Coach
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

Only think that matters is staying up, forget everything else, yes the result and day Friday v Fev was very sweet and will go down as one of the best Knights results since the club re-formed but........
It's every game as it comes, we need to start picking up points away from HS, we are only 3 points off the bottom of the league, priority for me is staying in this Division.

Edited by Andy Knight, 31 March 2013 - 06:24 PM.

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"
Millican Dalton...1867-1947

#12 Big Ron

Big Ron
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

Staying in this league is priority. Huddersfield away in the Cup because its been years since we've been there and the money we'd make from the crowd would set us up nicely :D. A win against Hunslet would be nice after the last few years results we've had against them. Semi-final of the NR cup. Also would be nice to beat a top team at home, say about 24-16 would be an ideal score line ;)

you need psychiatric help see me at the next game at barrow if your carers will let you go that far

#13 jayemm

jayemm
  • Coach
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

Only think that matters is staying up, forget everything else, yes the result and day Friday v Fev was very sweet and will go down as one of the best Knights results since the club re-formed but........
It's every game as it comes, we need to start picking up points away from HS, we are only 3 points off the bottom of the league, priority for me is staying in this Division.

Totally agree, forget cup runs.We cannot afford to drop into the wilderness that is the division below us because I think that would be the death of our club.Having said that,if we play to our abilities I dont think a play of place is out of the question.

#14 knightrider

knightrider
  • Coach
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:05 PM

Staying up all the way for me.Anything else is a bonus.
Posted Image

#15 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:29 PM

Staying up all the way for me.Anything else is a bonus.

this ^
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!