Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

If you don't like it Craig go back.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:45 AM

Your in the UK now, not Australia.
http://www.independe...on-8555792.html

#2 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:56 AM

Agree with u, Aussies whining about Easter frustrates me as well. Professional sportsmen asked once a year to play twice in 4 days should be more than acceptable! Sandercock just knows they'll get stuffed today and so is getting his excuses in!
Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008
Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

#3 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,993 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:32 AM

In light of the players Sandercock has "left out", there are some tempting odds on winning margins for the Pies...

http://www.oddscheck.../winning-margin

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#4 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:03 AM

yes it looks like we have already thrown the towel in for this game, i never expected to beat Wigan anyway but leaving those 4 out wont help

we will need 20+ point start in my opinion

#5 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:49 AM

Best not import any more Aussie Coaches and players.
Let the game in England find its own style going forward, maybe it will be a different style that will prove the key to success against Australia, throw it around and mix in some flair with some little blokes running from dummy half to break down the robot like defense?
I don't know. Sandercock is probably just frustrated that with limited cattle in his squad he can not put out two competitive teams in two days.
Craig is not a high profile Coach and it worries me he is considered better than any British Coaches coming through.

#6 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,087 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:45 AM

To be fair, he has a right to complain if he feels it is hard on the players.

If the powers that be deem the financial benefits outweigh any concerns then it stays.

The powers that be are the clubs - he should complain to his chairman first.

#7 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:50 AM

If the powers that be deem the financial benefits outweigh any concerns then it stays.

To be fair. Sounds like an idea for a user name! ;)
- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

#8 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,206 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

I would have thought that his Chairman would prefer it if he kept his thoughts to himself before a home game which could otherwise pull in a good crowd.

#9 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

I would have thought that his Chairman would prefer it if he kept his thoughts to himself before a home game which could otherwise pull in a good crowd.

"nothing to see hear today folks......may as well save yourself some cash"

#10 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,087 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:55 AM

:biggrin: now theres an idea!

#11 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,059 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:55 AM

I think the problem is everyone of them does it when they come over. It's not like he's saying something we don't know. Also have any of these coaches who moan about two games in 4/5 days done the same in the Aussie media about SOO.

#12 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:58 AM

Just to be clear, I'm not sure if to be fair is still available.

rldfsignature.jpg

#13 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:28 PM

Just to be clear, I'm not sure if to be fair is still available.

To be honest, you might be right. :)

#14 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,673 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:30 PM

I think the problem is everyone of them does it when they come over. It's not like he's saying something we don't know. Also have any of these coaches who moan about two games in 4/5 days done the same in the Aussie media about SOO.

But how many players from each club would actually play in an Origin match and then play in an NRL game a few days later? Not that many, per club, as you'd only be talking about 34 blokes across all 16 teams. So the majority of NRL players never play more than 1 game a week. And the guys who play Origin are the top players. In this country we expect everyone to do it. And as we can see, it doesn't take more than a couple of injuries for some sides in SL to be severely weakened.

I personally think we should just have 1 round of games at Easter. That way you could spread the games out across the whole weekend, so there's a big televised game each day across the 4 days.

#15 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,817 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:31 PM

australian players have to 'back up' ,after only a day or 2 rest, upto 4times a season....3 times for state of origin..and again for the ANZAC test...

so sandercock can quietly shut the f*** up whinging

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#16 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

But how many players from each club would actually play in an Origin match and then play in an NRL game a few days later? Not that many, per club, as you'd only be talking about 34 blokes across all 16 teams. So the majority of NRL players never play more than 1 game a week. And the guys who play Origin are the top players. In this country we expect everyone to do it. And as we can see, it doesn't take more than a couple of injuries for some sides in SL to be severely weakened.

I personally think we should just have 1 round of games at Easter. That way you could spread the games out across the whole weekend, so there's a big televised game each day across the 4 days.

Just to be clear(hey,this is good) the RFL don't fix tv schedules,Sky do.Spreading out the games wouldn't give more tv coverage.
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#17 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,673 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

Just to be clear(hey,this is good) the RFL don't fix tv schedules,Sky do.Spreading out the games wouldn't give more tv coverage.

Just to be clear, I know that. But if we had 1 round of matches across the Easter weekend, Sky could choose to spread the matches out, and they might be persuaded to show an extra match.

#18 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:40 PM

Does he realise that the average working person does about 9 hours a day, 5 days a week with 20 says holiday?

#19 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,817 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

what i'd possibly look at is scrapping the magic weekend and replace it we a series of "easter blockbuster double headers" held at larger football grounds

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#20 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,673 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

what i'd possibly look at is scrapping the magic weekend and replace it we a series of "easter blockbuster double headers" held at larger football grounds

I wouldn't argue with getting rid of the Magic Weekend, but I'm not sure you'd need double headers with the Good Friday fixture list spread out over the Easter weekend. Mind you, playing say a Wigan v Saints game at say Manchester City's ground, or maybe Anfield would certainly be an idea.