If you don't like it Craig go back.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,602 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

id go with that....and leeds v bradford at elland road...as stand alone "blockbusters"

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#22 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,140 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

id go with that....and leeds v bradford at elland road...as stand alone "blockbusters"

One question,who pays for the hire of the football grounds?
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#23 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:56 PM

In fact, you could probably spread them out across the season to give the season more 'big event' type matches across the whole year.

#24 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 5,993 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

I wouldn't argue with getting rid of the Magic Weekend, but I'm not sure you'd need double headers with the Good Friday fixture list spread out over the Easter weekend. Mind you, playing say a Wigan v Saints game at say Manchester City's ground, or maybe Anfield would certainly be an idea.

MM works because Sky get seven games and six of them have no set up or travel costs attached. Although they will have to have a couple of camera crews on shifts they only need one set of cameras also.

#25 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,602 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

In fact, you could probably spread them out across the season to give the season more 'big event' type matches across the whole year.

again...i'd go with that....we need more,big,blockbuster events

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#26 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

I wouldn't argue with getting rid of the Magic Weekend, but I'm not sure you'd need double headers with the Good Friday fixture list spread out over the Easter weekend. Mind you, playing say a Wigan v Saints game at say Manchester City's ground, or maybe Anfield would certainly be an idea.

Not so sure. According to Eddie there were only 1400 more people wanting tickets for the game. Granted, more may have applied if it was in a bigger ground but others will have been put off by the travel

A lot more sell out games are needed to make the tickets a "must have" before we spend a fortune on hiring soccer grounds

Stick to getting the magic weekend sold out first - there is still a long way to go.

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#27 trakl

trakl
  • Coach
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

Not so sure. According to Eddie there were only 1400 more people wanting tickets for the game. Granted, more may have applied if it was in a bigger ground but others will have been put off by the travel

I thought I heard Hemmings saying that another 15000 tickets could have been sold for the Wigan v Saints game - which surprised me as an announcement from Wigan that all tickets had been sold came late in the day.

I think a Wigan v Saints/Warrington game maybe to kick off the season at Manchester City's ground should be something to aim for - assuming, that is, that the ground would be made available in the first place.

#28 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

An idea for the waste bin.
- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

#29 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,753 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

Thursday's Leeds Bradford derby was an all-out game, but Monday's Bradford Salford game was a bit of a Lord Mayor's Show with only 6000 attending. I think it would be better for the league if there was only one Easter fixture and every other club played on the Thursday or Friday night before the Challenge Cup Final.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#30 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,703 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

Thursday's Leeds Bradford derby was an all-out game, but Monday's Bradford Salford game was a bit of a Lord Mayor's Show with only 6000 attending. I think it would be better for the league if there was only one Easter fixture and every other club played on the Thursday or Friday night before the Challenge Cup Final.

I've been for it for a long time but I agree with this. Yesterday does our game no favours and the smaller clubs like Widnes and Hull KR have basically accepted defeat to save the players for the next week. As in life this will inevitably become more prevalent.

It's not as if we have two rounds of appealing fixtures with big crowds. We have one cracking round of derbies and another made up of largely filler ties in front of small crowds.

Time for it to go I'm afraid.

#31 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

How about making the first round of the play-offs a Magic Weekend? 4 Games, 1 Day, no home advantage
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users