Barrow v York

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#41 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

we very very nearly beat ourselves again today :rolleyes: .

great resilient result for us....... its going to a a scrappy affair between the bottom 6 or 7 sides for the rest of the season

Today we found a way to win, unlike Good Friday when we found a way to lose.
The key to winning games this season is in the head. It will be tight at the bottom and mental strength will be the difference between those teams that stay up and those that go down.
BELIEVE...

Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#42 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:59 PM

Last 3 games could be very decisive. Town Swinton and Keighley !!!!!

Posted Image

#43 drewjak

drewjak
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

There seemed to be a noticeable difference in the team that came out in the second half today.......like they knew it was hard to win , like they knew they were going to struggle .....like they had lost interest and looked like they were worn out.

The end of the game today really made my day and the crowd went wild..........but the word ###### still echoed round the terraces!!!

we need to pull our socks up and fast

#44 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

holty needs to stamp authority on this team. cant be one of the lads and be boss man. 2 players came into raiders bar afteer game . two years ago the place was full of payers at the end of the match. christ after a win they should all be in threre . were all this together arnt we?,. the win today was nice and shows a mirror image of last weeeks game.
need to move up quicker at play ball and not stop 5 yards after they move up on us. york were defo nownt special today and with a bit of self belief we can put teams away with the same abilities of york and come away with 3 points.
thought that lad on loan from leigh had a good game and that liam harrison is all though marked out of the game had another belting game ( best player not to be in super league). hope he stays next season,

#45 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

one thing to remember as well is that we are playing without a recognised fullback at the moment. It is a pivotal position IMHO.

Lee Haney is the best we have but is injured and may be so for some time? Dean McGilvary isnt a fullback and neither is Cammy or Backy.

So it is one position we should be trying to cover asap !

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#46 holty

holty
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

Off the wall, following the easter weekend schedule, it was my decision to allow the players to head straight home today. Away game on Friday, training early saturday morning, the game today and up training again tomorrow night..........some of the lads have young families and after the easter weekends efforts it was my call to let them get away straight away.

I, better than anyone, understand the point you make and the support the boys were given today from the terraces was outstanding but in this instance I would ask for a touch of understanding mate, as I myself headed straight home to spend time with the family.

Apologies for any offence the decision may have caused.

#47 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:59 PM

Well what can you say...battled to the end and a noticeable increase once the crowd were behind them instead of cat calls from disgruntled fans..

if you think shouting abuse makes a team play better then you’re as educated as my 6 month old niece. the BOD, coaches, backroom staff, volunteers and PLAYERS need to hear positives during a game.

look at the difference today. The crowd wanted it and the team delivered.

Edited by soss, 01 April 2013 - 09:59 PM.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#48 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:03 PM

Agreed Mike. The crowd definitely lifted the side in the last few minutes. Amazing finale !!!

Posted Image

#49 barrowbob

barrowbob
  • Coach
  • 410 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:14 PM

The only abuse I heard was directed at the officials, as usual.
We have some proper idiots who support barrow and some of them need to learn the rules.
I'm about 99% sure that a touch judge can't give a forward pass. Some one will confirm this I'm sure??
The same bloke week in week out concentrates the whole 80 mins letting the tough judge aware that every pass from the opposition is forward and that the opposition are constantly offside. I stand around the 40m line on popular side but I'm goin to have to move, even thinking of lowering myself to the stands in a hope this moron can't be heard from there.

#50 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,564 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:18 PM

What a finish. It was real Roy of the Rovers stuff. I think it would have been a tragedy for the lads if we had lost.
Good post Darren. I should think all the lads just wanted to go home where it would be warm and they certainly deserved to.
Looking at the league fixtures from now on it certainly doesn't get any easier.

Posted Image

#51 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,564 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

Totally agree with your comments,Bob,but they pay their money like everybody else.
I must say there were a handful of supporters behind me in the stand that were watching a different game.
It gives the gate of the Bluebirds on their web side as 1,001. Good job me and my wife went or they would have had a bigger gate. I bet our game was more exciting. LOL

Posted Image

#52 runaround 55

runaround 55
  • Facebook
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:21 PM

IMO the Coach should not be commenting on this forum, However that is his choice, I do howevere believe that what is said in the sheds should stay in the sheds,! A coach will be judged on His results. and maybe his comments in the local Rag and on the radio will come back and bite HIM in the proverbial. As I have said in a previous post everyone is entitled to there opinion and I have supported this Club for a lot of years, In any walk of life we are judged on our ability and Results, What goes around,Comes around. KEEP THE FAITH.

#53 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:54 AM

IMO the Coach should not be commenting on this forum, However that is his choice, I do howevere believe that what is said in the sheds should stay in the sheds,! A coach will be judged on His results. and maybe his comments in the local Rag and on the radio will come back and bite HIM in the proverbial. As I have said in a previous post everyone is entitled to there opinion and I have supported this Club for a lot of years, In any walk of life we are judged on our ability and Results, What goes around,Comes around. KEEP THE FAITH.

I for one welcome Holty's input into this forum. It gives us an insight into his thoughts that are not prompted by a journalist as happens with Radio and NWEM articles.
Keep on commenting Darren!
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#54 rooster2003

rooster2003
  • Coach
  • 404 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:23 AM

Smell sour grapes here

#55 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 222 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:55 AM

The big plus for me was that every forward made good hard yards especially against the wind in the second half, and gave the backs a chance.

#56 BIG IAN

BIG IAN
  • Coach
  • 3,040 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

Before you say sour grapes etc, all ifs and butts taken into consideration the ref was appauling for both sides, and you just edged it with the knock on under our sticks just before the hooter.
The Barrow fans stood infront of me and around more or less said that was it, but you play to the whistle and you came away with victory.
Thought your number 11 the bull was massive for you guys, ran it in at speed.
On behalf of the knights travelling fans (not that many these days) thanks for the banter and hope to see you all at ours.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#57 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

Ian we were due a little luck mate just a shame it was against you and not on friday at Cougar Park !

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#58 BIG IAN

BIG IAN
  • Coach
  • 3,040 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

Fair comment Marty, perhaps it might be our way the next time we meet.
Good luck for the rest of the season.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#59 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:37 PM

games video on york forum.

#60 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:18 AM

Whilst it looks like a knock on at full speed, in slomo it looks like he has it in his left hand.
Leatherbarrow was directly behind him and so would not have seen it anyway.
I know it was definitely a try as I read the result on Tuesday morning!
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users