Barrow v Knights

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 knightrider

knightrider
  • Coach
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

Barrow score the winning try as the final hooter sounds.Didn"t sound like the best Knights performance.Far too many errors and Simon Brown didn"t appear to have his kicking boots on.As i said before about Liam Harrison,would appear he was Barrows mom according to radio commentary.Always plays well against us.
Absoloutely gutted.Praying we would hang on.Tom Carr sounded like our best player.
Posted Image

#2 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

Well after what id seen from my eyes on friday York +2 on the handicap seemed a great bet.....how wrong was I!!!

Maybe Fridays performance took a lot of you than first thought

#3 Silverlight

Silverlight
  • Facebook
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

Switched on to Radio York AM to get the Knights match to find bl**dy Harrogate Town commentary. Tried online with no luck there either. Heard the last 2 minutes of commentary just to pick up the Barrow try on the hooter. Gutted!!.

#4 badger24

badger24
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

Well after what id seen from my eyes on friday York +2 on the handicap seemed a great bet.....how wrong was I!!!

Maybe Fridays performance took a lot of you than first thought

Maybe it did we put in a monster effort on Friday

#5 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,855 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

At least we may win an away game next week when we play Blackbrook. :rolleyes:

#6 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

Switched on to Radio York AM to get the Knights match to find bl**dy Harrogate Town commentary. Tried online with no luck there either. Heard the last 2 minutes of commentary just to pick up the Barrow try on the hooter. Gutted!!.

Did you have the right link mate? I listened to the full game online.

Gutted about the last minute defeat but if you offered me 4 points from 6 this weekend I would have snapped your hand off!

A professional performance against Blackbrook in the Cup next week should set us up nicely for a huge home game against Dewsbury...
Posted Image

#7 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:29 PM

Hopefully Batley can do us the favour of not letting Dewsbury get a bonus point tonight. All very tight stuff 7-14 separated by 3 points.

It's time to park the camels.

#8 MADREDNIGE

MADREDNIGE
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:49 PM

well done barra beating the mighty york - even we could,nt beat em !

#9 Silverlight

Silverlight
  • Facebook
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson

Did you have the right link mate? I listened to the full game online.

Gutted about the last minute defeat but if you offered me 4 points from 6 this weekend I would have snapped your hand off!

A professional performance against Blackbrook in the Cup next week should set us up nicely for a huge home game against Dewsbury...

Assistant Coach

I used the link on the Knight's Website and got a message saying that the broadcast was unavailable either for technical or contractual reasons.

#10 ashbourneknight

ashbourneknight
  • Coach
  • 383 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

You and me both,the 2 footy matches on am and fm radio with a few snatches of the Knights commentary,why was'nt the Knights given the higher percentage of the broadcast? listening to the guys at Harrogate sounded like as good as the match boring,hope next time the Knights get a better hearing,football still remains a boring game these days. :angry:

#11 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 613 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson

Assistant Coach

I used the link on the Knight's Website and got a message saying that the broadcast was unavailable either for technical or contractual reasons.

Yeah... Old link that. BBC shift it all around constantly and it was difficult to keep up with. Sorry about that.

Anyhoo...
The link on the new site will always be right though.

#12 Peter G.

Peter G.
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:19 PM

Really feel for those fans who were at the game, they must have been avin coroners trombones in that last minute cos it was bad enough just listening!

But, in my book it would have been more disappointing if the Knights had lost 20 - 7, some praise must go to the players for taking some of their home form on the road and at least coming back with a point?

#13 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

Really feel for those fans who were at the game, they must have been avin coroners trombones in that last minute cos it was bad enough just listening!

But, in my book it would have been more disappointing if the Knights had lost 20 - 7, some praise must go to the players for taking some of their home form on the road and at least coming back with a point?

As has been said I think if someone said we would have 4 points after the easter weekend most knights fans would have bit their hand off!

#14 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 613 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

We were unlucky, and had we played there in summer and not 2 days after giving our all against arguably the best team outside SL, I think itd have been different.

Nevermind, we're still top 8.

#15 badger24

badger24
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:03 PM

We were unlucky, and had we played there in summer and not 2 days after giving our all against arguably the best team outside SL, I think itd have been different.

Nevermind, we're still top 8.

Agree Andy . Still top 8 must hard after a really tough game v fev and long journey to Cumbria . Well done knights 4 from 6 #13knights

#16 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

4pts out of 6 over Easter including Fev, anyone would have taken that last Thursday.
Posted Image

#17 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:43 PM

enjoyed todays game against you guys.... of course the result made it slightly better from our point of view but good entertainment good luck for the rest of the season

Lee

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#18 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,855 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

Dewsbury got beat and didnt get a B/P so we will go above them in a couple of weeks if we play as we have been doing at home.

#19 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

Dewsbury got beat and didnt get a B/P so we will go above them in a couple of weeks if we play as we have been doing at home.

Excellent! Also Whitehaven have played one game more than us who are in 6th so a great chance for us to cement 6th spot as I think they Batley at Batley next. Look at Batley doing us all the favours haha

Edited by YCKonstantine, 01 April 2013 - 06:56 PM.

#20 jayemm

jayemm
  • Coach
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

4pts out of 6 over Easter including Fev, anyone would have taken that last Thursday.

I certainly would have done,but gutted to lose another vital 2 points at the final hooter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users