Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Unbelievable

Barrow v Knights

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 BEANO

BEANO
  • Coach
  • 183 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

Wasnt the best game of Rugby League but i guess we were spoilt on Good Friday !!
Was gutted to come away with only a bonus point but end of the day you need to be more than 2points ahead when you have most of the posession ,
As Andy P K said would have taken 4 points from the Easter weekend fixtures but knowing it could have been 6 hurts .
Good banter with the Barrow fans around us, you were worth the win as you played for the full 80
Cup next week so hopefully get some confidence with an away win ??
York and Proud of it

#22 BIG IAN

BIG IAN
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

Went to game, knights once again heckle n Hyde performance from Friday, 5th tackle under our stick 10seconds to go and they knock on, even barrow fans agreed with us, everyone saw it apart from, yes you guest the ref,, they play the ball the hooter sound they go over in the corner.
Ref was ###### for both teams as per norm with leather arrow but come on, anyhow 4out of 6 .

Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 Big Ron

Big Ron
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

i thought wheel barrow had a decent game we dropped short of fridays standard which was acceptable after fridays effort and then the long journey but we made 2 crucial errors in the last 2 mins and that cost us the knock on was more obvious than the trip at keighley everybody in the crowd sees it but the people that count great following of york fans 17 :D and no wedding today :D :D

#24 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:31 AM

i thought wheel barrow had a decent game we dropped short of fridays standard which was acceptable after fridays effort and then the long journey but we made 2 crucial errors in the last 2 mins and that cost us the knock on was more obvious than the trip at keighley everybody in the crowd sees it but the people that count great following of york fans 17 :D and no wedding today :D :D

There was 17 York fans?

It's time to park the camels.

#25 Big Ron

Big Ron
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

ye where were you watching the fannies at cant be bothered to r gue

#26 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

ye where were you watching the fannies at cant be bothered to r gue

Uhhh, I was listening on the radio?

It's time to park the camels.

#27 Big Ron

Big Ron
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

no comment

#28 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 611 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

Radio for me too, still getting over the wedding...

Highlights:

CLEAR knock on before that last try - ah well... next!

Edited by AndyHall, 02 April 2013 - 09:31 PM.

#29 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 654 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:44 PM

Defo knocked on

#30 Green Brigade

Green Brigade
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:43 AM

I don't think you can tell if that is a knock on to be honest, it looks to me that he has the ball in his other arm.

#31 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

At full speed it looks like a knock on, but in the slomo it looks as though he is holding it in his left arm.
To be fair to the Ref he is directly behind the player and would have not been able to see it.
Some sort of justice for us that we lost in the last minute on Good Friday but won on Easter Monday.
You look to be a cracking team. Best of luck for the rest of the season.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#32 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,843 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:05 AM

Swings and rounderbouts, we won at Dewsbury in the last seconds of a game with Thorman kicking the winning goal, im sure we will win games this season when the ref misses a knock on by us, all part of sport.

#33 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 611 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:52 AM

Of course, not a whinge at all, that's sport. Tbh, with seconds to go, excitement building, the ref probably wouldn't have called it if he'd seen it.

We won the match, they won the game - everyone's a winner...

How good was Ed Smith's try? That was scored by Gary Thornton that was - never seen a try like it from a York side. Outstanding.

#34 PeteM

PeteM
  • Coach
  • 266 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:17 PM

Match report for those who aint seen it.
Ta
http://www.yorkpress...ity_Knights_18/

#35 Big Ron

Big Ron
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

ed smiths try was what harrison did to us all afternoon RUN ON TO THE F555555G BALL ,its only basic rugby people where looking at me as though i was a monster cos i was cheering the try 3 seconds before he went over

#36 Big Ron

Big Ron
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

over 1000 there as well and football team 200 yards down the road at home

#37 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

ed smiths try was what harrison did to us all afternoon RUN ON TO THE F555555G BALL ,its only basic rugby people where looking at me as though i was a monster cos i was cheering the try 3 seconds before he went over

Premature again then Big Ron?

#38 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:35 AM

4pts out of 6 over Easter including Fev, anyone would have taken that last Thursday.

Agree 100%, but still totally gutted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users