Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Todays game

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 big lad

big lad
  • Coach
  • 954 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

Shame we only turned up for 10 minutes, we were very poor for 70 minutes, still cant make my mind up if 12 pounds is worth paying for the challenge cup if we perform like today!
In Life, In Death, O Lord, abide with me
Have Faith, Have Belief

Posted Image

#2 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 506 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

Really frustrating today, but as bad as we were, we probobly could have won it towards the end

#3 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:06 PM

said at the start of the season, goalkicking or lack of it will kill us, ive no reason to change that.The bottom line is if we dont score under the sticks our success rate of kicking anything from 2 yards either side of the sticks is about 1 in 4, its incredible not one pro player at this club can not learn how to kick goals.As for the performance, a shambles apart from the last 10 mins, 2 early errors from Pryce and Menzies just put us on the backfoot and without Singleton and Hood these forwards are so predictable.
Posted Image

#4 Penola

Penola
  • 600 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

No tactical kicking. Grimmer just boots it to opposition all day long. Credit to Tommy Haughey today. A hatrick on one leg. No credit to the PA system as couldn't hear it. Also the fixture board on Middleton Grove said Sheffield left from last week. Keighley looked faster than us. Wish we had Ryan Smith back here as Ansell was anonymous

#5 MiBoy

MiBoy
  • Players
  • 88 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

Think it's a bit short sighted to single out 2 players mistakes they didn't lose Hunslet the game. Plenty more things contributed to the result there were plenty more dropped balls/ errors and the ref made some strange calls!!! Every 50/50 call went against Hunslet. It was a game we could and should have won.

#6 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

A lot of work to be done out on the training field.
First 68 minutes too slow and a lack of imagination.

#7 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

To be fair to Grimmer he aint the tactical kicker, surely thats Marchy or Ansells/Helliwells job, Keighleys 3 rd try by White was the perfect example of a good kick, something that we just havent got in the locker.
Posted Image

#8 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 434 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

We play to a script, which we don't deviate from and there is no plan B!. We seem obsessed with wingers doing the forwards job, i think Chisholm knocked on with the line at his mercy due to the shock that he had seen a passing move involving the half backs & the centre with him actually receiving the ball!

#9 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

i said the same, Chisholm,s hands were probably so cold thats why he dropped it.At least we got a bonus point thats the only consolation
Posted Image

#10 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

Not good enough, simple as that!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#11 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

not been convinced with Eaton as a coach from day 1.Tactics are hopeless and we make same mistakes week in and week out.No kicker , no kicking game and one man rugby.On this performance we are on our way down & crowds will be even less.HIST doing their best but on the pitch we are getting nowhere

#12 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 871 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

Too many Easter Eggs ?? :mellow:

You don't win mamy Rugby League matches by only playing for 15 minutes (though we very nearly managed it today!) and the performance was in contrast to what we served up at Batley where we were much more lively and inventive - some may say cavalier - but lost the ball at crucial times.

The quality of today's match seemed poor for this standard and on this form, sadly neither of these two will be too far from the drop zone. Decent individual performances from Haughey, Pryce, Grimshaw and Menzies but collectively too pedestrian and one-dimensional for far too much of the game.

Oldham in the Cup next - we'll have to be careful after that performance ...

#13 Parksider

Parksider
  • Coach
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

A shocking display today. On that display we will be relegation fodder.

#14 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

We looked as though we didn't want winning pay! Totally inept. Using Friday as an excuse. We cannot go down or we WILL fold. Do the players and staff realise? If not it's wake up time cos today was not worthy of the name of Hunslet

#15 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

as an attacking threat we have grimmer, keinhorst and Haughey after that its painful, marchy seems to be either carrying an injury or not fit.Thought we missed Singleton and Hood badly today.
Posted Image

#16 Castleford Hawk

Castleford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

I feel a sense of frustration more than anything at an opportunity lost. The last 10 minutes showed we have the quality to pick up victories, but where was the application for the first 70.

Helliwell was like a man possessed in the last quarter, creating a sense of urgency around the play the ball and getting the forwards running. It didn't always come off for the lad but at least it created the spark for the comeback.

We got away with it against Donny but not today. Hopefully we've learned a lesson.

Hunslet: STILL the city's only club to win all competitions in one season.

#17 MICKY1920

MICKY1920
  • Coach
  • 249 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:00 PM

Match highlights
Visit my Rugby Video highlights page

http://www.youtube.com/user/MICKY1920

#18 hunsok3

hunsok3
  • Players
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

I make no apology for what for what im going say about todays inept display,we are going down playing like that today,no disrespect to the cougars,they were very poor,but sadly better than we were and deserved the points,i think we have a good team ,but we are playing like schoolboys,our coach is shouting allsorts of rubbish during the game,nothing to do with changimg how ###### we were,and making the team play to our strengths,which today was our pack overpowering the cougars,getting the ball wide,and backing up our line breakers,niether of which we did all day until 10 mins to go in the game......WAKE UP,,if we do not ,we are dgoing down,and out of existence,change it or die,,,simple..

#19 LENIN

LENIN
  • Coach
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:08 PM

I make no apology for what for what im going say about todays inept display,we are going down playing like that today,no disrespect to the cougars,they were very poor,but sadly better than we were and deserved the points,i think we have a good team ,but we are playing like schoolboys,our coach is shouting allsorts of rubbish during the game,nothing to do with changimg how ###### we were,and making the team play to our strengths,which today was our pack overpowering the cougars,getting the ball wide,and backing up our line breakers,niether of which we did all day until 10 mins to go in the game......WAKE UP,,if we do not ,we are dgoing down,and out of existence,change it or die,,,simple..

i have to agree

total garbage for 70 mins. 10mins aint going to save us from the drop on todays performance.
hunslet till i die

we will never go to watch the #### over the river ever

#20 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:36 AM

Did anyone take a note of the penalty count ?
As a long time Hawks supporter I must confess to being bored for much of the game.
When Barry Eaton took over we were promised entertaining rugby--- well I'm still waiting.
HIST are doing their best to get us more supporters but on yesterdays performance they wont. Maybe the time is approaching for HIST to take the Bull by the b***s.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users