Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Leigh V Town

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Luggsy the legend

Luggsy the legend
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

Was the game called off today as there don't seem to be any body talking about it on here

#2 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

Was the game called off today as there don't seem to be any body talking about it on here

why you on the town forum coz you won luggsy. have sheffield not got a forum lol

Edited by town4me, 01 April 2013 - 04:36 PM.

#3 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,539 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

theres over 90 comments on the subject on another thread.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#4 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,837 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

Everything has already been said on the thread "Radio Cumbria, why?" so you're wasting your time looking for attempting to stir it. Go and enjoy your win.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#5 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

He's just fishing lads, not even pretending to be a Dewsbury fan anymore.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#6 Luggsy the legend

Luggsy the legend
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

Same old townies only interested in beating Haven

#7 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,993 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

Not this season mate . It's ok in the bottom league when your two big fish in a little pond and those results could determine
positions , but this year we're both little fish and its a much bigger pond. Those two games are just two among many important games . You could win them and still go down . It's finding a consistency for all teams across a full season.

Edited by DavidM, 01 April 2013 - 04:49 PM.

#8 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 849 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

6-0 pal end of.

#9 popeyeDOYLE

popeyeDOYLE
  • Players
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

6-0 pal end of.

Quality come back raspberry boy. Took yee lang enough to think of that like :lol: :lol: :lol:

#10 Luggsy the legend

Luggsy the legend
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

6 is a good number at this present time it's the position we are in in the league

#11 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,993 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

Dewsbury ? 7th

Edited by DavidM, 01 April 2013 - 06:06 PM.

#12 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,837 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

6 is a good number at this present time it's the position we are in in the league

BUT if the five teams below you win their game in hand you would drop to 11th, so what?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#13 Luggsy the legend

Luggsy the legend
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

#14 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,993 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

It's gonna change every week , you go from half way to bottom and vice versa , so lets just see how it pans out in the long run.
But most certainly a very good win . Any win against the top 5 is a bonus result .

#15 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

It's gonna change every week , you go from half way to bottom and vice versa , so lets just see how it pans out in the long run.
But most certainly a very good win . Any win against the top 5 is a bonus result .

they have won due to the eagles having short turnaround and along trip up to cumbria. its obviously knocked them off their game. there is no way that shower who came to DP last Friday would have beaten them on normal Sunday fixture.

#16 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

they have won due to the eagles having short turnaround and along trip up to cumbria. its obviously knocked them off their game. there is no way that shower who came to DP last Friday would have beaten them on normal Sunday fixture.

Sorry have to break my silence,is t this what I said but you said they would still beat us .

Like has been said you don't play us every week and when your coach and 13 are in sennys last night and could hardly stand up what do you expect...

.......Tara for a bit

Edited by haven4ever, 01 April 2013 - 06:37 PM.

#17 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

Sorry have to break my silence,is t this what I said but you said they would still beat us .

Like has been said you don't play us every week and when your coach and 13 are in sennys last night and could hardly stand up what do you expect...

.......Tara for a bit

waahhhheeeyy hello bkm i knew you would be on here tonight coz of today ha ha ha ha ha. now would you care to elaborate on what you mean about last night ??? ha ha i bet you won't

#18 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

Town win the games that matter you win the ones that 569 folk care about! Good luck plugging your losses with them crowds

Edited by gillmeister, 01 April 2013 - 06:48 PM.

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#19 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

.......Tara for a bit

From what I've heard he was probably in Sennys last Thursday night as well, he was still too good for your lot though. I would have bet my house that you would have popped up on here tonight......soooo predictable......but hey every mongrel has his day :rolleyes:
I hope Charlo is contacting his lawyer over your allegation.

#20 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 849 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

Christ o mighty don't get me wrong that's a great win for the jam today but these keyboard warriors where were you on Friday?
Hahahaven Christ come and see us when u support your team won and lose! 6-0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users