TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

nigel wood bigging super league up and the game of rl

a round too early

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
200 replies to this topic

#181 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,643 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:28 AM

Recovered from being kicked out of the top flight and losing thousands of people through the gates.  I thought someone who was close to the club would have known this?

If the yo-yo system was so bad then what system crippled Bradford, Crusaders, Wakefield and Salford?  You seem to have some kind of pleasure in highlighting clubs like mine and Leigh's financial history. Yet when the game as never had more money you fail to mention the financial issues of Super League clubs cocooned in their own world withot P&R.

the the club should havevtaken a principled stan and voted against it or abstained. They voted for it. The club should have cut its cloth according to its means but didn't-how competent is that.

Your club has courted oblivion many times bause of money troubles, what is orse it has been on the back of on fied success. For instance the year after winning the championship(average attendance  in the region of 3,000) theplayers went on strike because the club reducd their wages. After winning the challenge cup again almost go belly up because of debts, nd so on. Why do you think Rovers have had to rely on selling players to survive over the years?

The idea of extracting pleasure out of rugby league clubs having problemsis s repugnant thought and I'm surprisedand extremely disappointed  that you express it.

That's s rotten thing to say conidering what you know about me.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#182 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

the the club should havevtaken a principled stan and voted against it or abstained. They voted for it. The club should have cut its cloth according to its means but didn't-how competent is that.

Your club has courted oblivion many times bause of money troubles, what is orse it has been on the back of on fied success. For instance the year after winning the championship(average attendance in the region of 3,000) theplayers went on strike because the club reducd their wages. After winning the challenge cup again almost go belly up because of debts, nd so on. Why do you think Rovers have had to rely on selling players to survive over the years?

The idea of extracting pleasure out of rugby league clubs having problemsis s repugnant thought and I'm surprisedand extremely disappointed that you express it.

Chris I don't know a lot about you though. You seem a really nice person face to face on the odd times I have met you and we can separate our different beliefs on the game by having a drink together (even with my mental health issues)So we should have cut our cloth accordingley should we? What should the Bradford, Crusaders, Salford and Wakefield have done? Thanks for the history lesson, I would reply about the mentioned SL clubs but the whole world already knows about the recent financial mess of these clubs.
"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

#183 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:49 AM

Your club has courted oblivion many times bause of money troubles, what is orse it has been on the back of on fied success. For instance the year after winning the championship(average attendance in the region of 3,000) theplayers went on strike because the club reducd their wages. After winning the challenge cup again almost go belly up because of debts, nd so on. Why do you think Rovers have had to rely on selling players to survive over the years?

The idea of extracting pleasure out of rugby league clubs having problemsis s repugnant thought and I'm surprisedand extremely disappointed that you express it.

Double post.

Edited by Ian (Pencil) Elliott, 05 April 2013 - 09:59 AM.

"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

#184 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,643 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:49 AM

Who does L'angelo support then cos it isn't Featherstone Rovers by is own admission.  So I have mental health issues do I?  Why do you think I don't come on here regular?  They only let me out one a month :D  :D :D  

Who does L'angelo support then cos it isn't Featherstone Rovers by is own admission.  So I have mental health issues do I?  Why do you think I don't come on here regular?  They only let me out one a month :D  :D :D  

I don't support a club. I just enjoy the game. I enjoy it at any level that I encounter it.

I have disaccotiated myself from your club for moral, fairness and justic reasons.

also what have 'mental issues' got to do with anything

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso, 05 April 2013 - 09:53 AM.

Keeping it local

#185 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,077 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:58 AM

But I only have paranoia, mental health issues resulting in me not being good to be around in your book because I don't agree with you.

No, you are bitter and paranoid because your opinions aren't justified, you hold grudges against people for things other people did, you invent theories that can't be proven by anyone including yourself to back up your point, you dismiss people's opinions because you believe they have ulterior motives yet have no way of proving it.

I can justify every single thing I've just said there by linking to things you've said. So it's not be Aude I don't agree with you. I don't call everyone I don't agree with bitter and paranoid. I can justify that as well if you like?

People who I know don't view me this way, so it could be you that has the mental problem with sterotying people who don't agree with you.

Do they talk to you about things they're bitter about as well? Do you all discuss each other's misery? Misery likes company after all.
Posted Image

#186 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,077 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:01 AM

He's using it as a strawman diversion tactic to avoid admitting he can't justify his opinions.
Posted Image

#187 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:07 AM

I don't support a club. I just enjoy the game. I enjoy it at any level that I encounter it.

I have disaccotiated myself from your club for moral, fairness and justic reasons.

Wellsy thinks I am on my way to mental health issues.  He is basically insulting me for not agreeing with him, but I am not one for going crying to modirators. 

So you have disaccotiated yourself from my club for justic reasons but you enjoy RL at all levels (including SL).  Just a bit hypocritical in my view

#188 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

No, you are bitter and paranoid because your opinions aren't justified, you hold grudges against people for things other people did, you invent theories that can't be proven by anyone including yourself to back up your point, you dismiss people's opinions because you believe they have ulterior motives yet have no way of proving it.

I can justify every single thing I've just said there by linking to things you've said. So it's not be Aude I don't agree with you. I don't call everyone I don't agree with bitter and paranoid. I can justify that as well if you like?

Do they talk to you about things they're bitter about as well? Do you all discuss each other's misery? Misery likes company after all.

My opinions are not justified because you don't agree with them.  With you coming out with insults shows that you are losing the agrument.

I have a meeting later with my flat cap, whipet loving, moaning mates.  Yet more dilusional insults because I don't agree with you.

#189 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,643 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:19 AM

My opinions are not justified because you don't agree with them.  With you coming out with insults shows that you are losing the agrument.

I have a meeting later with my flat cap, whipet loving, moaning mates.  Yet more dilusional insults because I don't agree with you.

Wellsy thinks I am on my way to mental health issues.  He is basically insulting me for not agreeing with him, but I am not one for going crying to modirators. 

So you have disaccotiated yourself from my club for justic reasons but you enjoy RL at all levels (including SL).  Just a bit hypocritical in my view

it would be if I thought the way the sport is run was unfair, immoral, and unjust, but I don't.

if peopleare breaking the rules, you should inform the moderators: this isn't a school playground, where you 'don't tell': all though it seems like it at times.

Keeping it local

#190 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:28 AM

this isn't a school playground, where you 'don't tell': all though it seems like it at times.

I know exactly what you mean

#191 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,385 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

There's some very interesting data from Chris Taylor's survey... results now published and accessible from that thread.

Over 2/3 respondents do not believe licencing is for the game and 80% respondents believe P&R should return in some form.

Countering that, just over half of the respondents suggest that the state of the game is average to excellent, which going back to the original post kind of backs up Nige's point!

Some interesting data there

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#192 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

Great you have finally realised that there is no point trying to convince me.  There is no point trying to convince you that your ideas are based on the fact that your club is cosily secure in the top flight because you are part of the chosen ones.

Look no further than our clubs history.  They were advertising season tickets for the SL without it being officially anounced that they had been accepted.  Your refusal to admit that Widnes were not a shoe in for the next licences and that a deal was done behind close doors is just one example where you don't want to accept that the RFL is not a fair administration.  This is pathetic if you ask me.

We don't even have season tickets you douchebag. We introduced the Stronghold for the first season back and this wasn't announced until after the announcement. 

Widnes weren't a shoe in, again if you deal in reality and conspiracy theories you'd know this. The reason I mentioned JohnM by name is because he and I had a disagreement at the time. He came on a thread telling Widnes fans to get over it, when we were reacting badly including some thinking it would be the death of the club. If we were such a shoe in straight away then why would he have needed to?

It became quickly apparent that Widnes would be front runners for a spot when the RFL (fairly) decided that a Championship club would be admitted in 2012. It doesn't fit with your conspiracy theory to point out that Widnes had the biggest crowds of any of the clubs (in and outside of SL), the best youth structures, the best stadium as well as the money man, which made us clear favourites to anybody with half a brain. It has to be a shady little backhand deal to screw over the rest of the clubs. Utter nonsense. 

I will carry on with my bitter arguments arguments if you don't mind and you can go back to your cosy world of SL believing that the Nigel Wood is a messiah.

I was against Nigel Wood being the head of the RFL and I have made that clear elsewhere, I don't think he is good enough. However we have a fundamental difference in our approaches. I take a piece of information and discuss it on its merits. You take it and try to twist it to fit into your bitter conspiracy theories whether it be positive or negative. 

#193 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

Seeing as though your approach is to insult Super League wherever possible does this show that you lost the argument 18 years ago?

#194 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:41 AM

We don't even have season tickets you douchebag. We introduced the Stronghold for the first season back and this wasn't announced until after the announcement. 

Widnes weren't a shoe in, again if you deal in reality and conspiracy theories you'd know this. The reason I mentioned JohnM by name is because he and I had a disagreement at the time. He came on a thread telling Widnes fans to get over it, when we were reacting badly including some thinking it would be the death of the club. If we were such a shoe in straight away then why would he have needed to?

It became quickly apparent that Widnes would be front runners for a spot when the RFL (fairly) decided that a Championship club would be admitted in 2012. It doesn't fit with your conspiracy theory to point out that Widnes had the biggest crowds of any of the clubs (in and outside of SL), the best youth structures, the best stadium as well as the money man, which made us clear favourites to anybody with half a brain. It has to be a shady little backhand deal to screw over the rest of the clubs. Utter nonsense. 

I was against Nigel Wood being the head of the RFL and I have made that clear elsewhere, I don't think he is good enough. However we have a fundamental difference in our approaches. I take a piece of information and discuss it on its merits. You take it and try to twist it to fit into your bitter conspiracy theories whether it be positive or negative. 

Wrong, Widnes released a statemnet saying that if you bought season tickets (sorry stronghold or whatever you want to call it) for the last season in the championship then you would get them for the same price for the first SL season.  This was well before the official anouncement.  Not twisting this one it actually happened but deny it if you want. 

You point out that Widnes had everything going for them except 1 critical point.  They did not have no where near the best playing side and yes it was a behind close agreement, Again deny it all you want, it doesn't make it less true.

So I am now a douchebag as well as a mental person who no one likes to be around.  My god a mate of mine band from this forum must have commited murder to be banned from this forum.

#195 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,077 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

Wellsy thinks I am on my way to mental health issues. He is basically insulting me for not agreeing with him, but I am not one for going crying to modirators.

Paranoia - Suspicion and mistrust of people or their actions without evidence or justification.

I think I'm very justified in saying that your paranoid based on what you've said. I never said you had mental health issues, so don't play the victim card because you can't justify saying that "a deal was done behind closed doors".

So you have disaccotiated yourself from my club for justic reasons but you enjoy RL at all levels (including SL). Just a bit hypocritical in my view

Only if he believed the game at all levels was unjust, which he doesn't.
Surely though, since he's not a SL club fan, that can't be true?

My opinions are not justified because you don't agree with them.

No, they're not justified because there's no evidence to support them. If there was, I may still not agree but at least it would be a justified opinion.

With you coming out with insults shows that you are losing the agrument.

I have a meeting later with my flat cap, whipet loving, moaning mates. Yet more dilusional insults because I don't agree with you.

Playing the victim card is the latest diversion tactic I see.

Tell me, how can you justify these opinions of the RFL? What facts and evidence do you have to suggest they're doing things behind closed doors?
Posted Image

#196 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

Seeing as though your approach is to insult Super League wherever possible does this show that you lost the argument 18 years ago?

Insulting a competition comapred to insulting a person is totally different.  I can't debate with a competition.  What a crazy argument.

#197 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:47 AM

Insulting a competition comapred to insulting a person is totally different.  I can't debate with a competition.  What a crazy argument.

You can debate with facts. 

If you resort to simply insulting the game then you have lost the argument.

I'm just using the rhetoric that you use. You've really lost the argument because your points make almost no sense and you have admitted are clouded by intense bitterness. 

#198 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,643 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:48 AM

So I am now a douchebag as well as a mental person who no one likes to be around.  My god a mate of mine band from this forum must have commited murder to be banned from this forum.

no youaren't and calling byu one is offside.

At the same time using mentl health as a vehicle for insulting people is even worse. Are people with mental halth issue inferior beingsor someting?

Is you friend he one who crried out the potracted campaign of abuse against another poster?

Keeping it local

#199 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,077 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:52 AM

Wrong, Widnes released a statemnet saying that if you bought season tickets (sorry stronghold or whatever you want to call it) for the last season in the championship then you would get them for the same price for the first SL season. This was well before the official anouncement. Not twisting this one it actually happened but deny it if you want.

Some evidence would be nice, as you'd think there'd have been a heavy discussion on this forum if such a thing happened.

Are you sure it didn't say they'd get then for the same price "if" they got into SL next season?

You point out that Widnes had everything going for them except 1 critical point. They did not have no where near the best playing side and yes it was a behind close agreement, Again deny it all you want, it doesn't make it less true.

They didn't need the best playing side. Everyone knew that. It's not the fundamental "critical" criteria.
You can keep saying it all you want, it doesn't make it more true. It was a very open process. Everyone knew the criteria.

So I am now a douchebag as well as a mental person who no one likes to be around. My god a mate of mine band from this forum must have commited murder to be banned from this forum.

Keep playing that victim card...
Posted Image

#200 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:54 AM

Paranoia - Suspicion and mistrust of people or their actions without evidence or justification.

I think I'm very justified in saying that your paranoid based on what you've said. I never said you had mental health issues, so don't play the victim card because you can't justify saying that "a deal was done behind closed doors".

Only if he believed the game at all levels was unjust, which he doesn't.
Surely though, since he's not a SL club fan, that can't be true?

No, they're not justified because there's no evidence to support them. If there was, I may still not agree but at least it would be a justified opinion.

Playing the victim card is the latest diversion tactic I see.

Tell me, how can you justify these opinions of the RFL? What facts and evidence do you have to suggest they're doing things behind closed doors?

It was not me who started the insults, so it was you who was diverting the argument.  When things are done behind closed doors then it is hard to get evidence.  The Widnes season ticket mistake of advertising before the initial anouncement shows that something goes on behind closed doors..

The USA got involved in the gulf war because of oil, I and no one has proof of this but you are extremly naive if you think it was to libirate countries. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users