Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

nigel wood bigging super league up and the game of rl

a round too early

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
200 replies to this topic

#21 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,521 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

Hee, hee.

RL: Great game, shame about the 'supporters'

Ain't it the truth
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#22 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,132 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

Why do some of you bother,honestly,#### off to rugby union or soccer.Leave Rugby League to the people who love the game.
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#23 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,846 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

Do you? Fair enough i Suppose. I don't. Then I am a bottle half empty miserable b'stard!!!
I think the game is towin it nads of to stay where it is.... I guess we'll see over time. That said, I aren't blamin the bloke for 'biggin up' the game. What else is he supposed to do, even if there are those who run clubs, on various BoD, and the odd coach who may not share his enthusiasm.
Right, time to go back under my shell of doom.

You from Yorkshire by any chance? :) :)

#24 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,906 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

Oh aye..... rovrum!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#25 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,521 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

Why do some of you bother,honestly,#### off to rugby union or soccer.Leave Rugby League to the people who love the game.

I know what you mean
But you know what the response will be don't you
Keeping it local

#26 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,132 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

I know what you mean
But you know what the response will be don't you

Past caring tbh.
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#27 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,846 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

Oh aye..... rovrum!

that explains a lot! :) ..though my business partner is from there and she is not at all miserable! But she did move darn sarf 30 years ago!

Edited by JohnM, 02 April 2013 - 03:50 PM.

#28 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,846 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

Past caring tbh.

No you are not. They must be challenged at every opportunity. Eternal vigilance etc.

Not that everything in the garden IS rosy, but at least opinions should have a reasonably factual basis.

#29 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,906 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

that explains a lot! :) ..though my business partner is from there and she is not at all miserable! But she did move darn sarf 30 years ago!

I'm not really miserable John...... :lol: .. look.... smiley faces :lol:!!
I'm the champion of the lost cause.... Fev, Barnsley FC and Partick Thistle FC!!!! Excuse me if my garden is not entirely full of white roses me owd cocker!! :lol: and I've even edited to put another smiley just to reinforce I'm not miserable!!!!

Edited by Robin Evans, 02 April 2013 - 03:55 PM.

#30 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,702 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

as ive said above regarding squad depths, not enough players at super league level, especially when injuries kick in, and like you highlight 2 games in 1 weekend for sides is too much, especially when 1 side has more injuries than others, player depth, and has been fully highlighted this weekend. theres no co incidence that all the games except 1 youve highlighted were the games on friday not monday. its highlighted on easter monday with the one sided scores that there is a problem.

i also stated that crowds are dropping at super league and championship level. "Also crowds for certain teams, super league and championships are really poor". 1136 at london and 2788 at salford both friday and 1600ish top crowd in championships. ive not stated anything false on my original post. so everything wasnt great on friday, therefore no "great post".

People like you often make out like you're doing it for balance but its funny how you only ever pop up for negative threads. There are no equivalent thread from you pointing out how great a game was or how well the RFL have done.

It's all one way which is why it gets so much grief. For what it's worth I think crowds are down this year but if it was a reputable poster like Dave T, Wellsy or JohnM doing so then there would be a genuine discussion. Not because there is an in crowd here but because there is an element of trust that they are genuine based on other posts and they aren't just being negative because they for some reason revel in it.

Unfortunately in RL circles there are far too many of the latter and their posts usually sound a lot like yours.

#31 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,521 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

Past caring tbh.

me too
Keeping it local

#32 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,846 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

I'm not really miserable John...... :lol: .. look.... smiley faces :lol:!!
I'm the champion of the lost cause.... Fev, Barnsley FC and Partick Thistle FC!!!! Excuse me if my garden is not entirely full of white roses me owd cocker!! :lol: and I've even edited to put another smiley just to reinforce I'm not miserable!!!!

OK OK, I give in. You are a Happy Yorkshireman. Bang goes another stereotype!

#33 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,521 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

No you are not. They must be challenged at every opportunity. Eternal vigilance etc.

Not that everything in the garden IS rosy, but at least opinions should have a reasonably factual basis.

I agree, but there's only onlyso much self serving,chronically maunjy, small mindedness you can take. Always someoneelse to blame, always yearning for a hovis advert version of the past. Their way is the only way. Attempts to address the generations loing issues that beset the game are sneered at, because hey all we need to do is reintroduce...well you can guess what. It's unjust, it's immoral, it's unfair isn't it? Is it chuff. It's people trying to make a fist of a sport no matter how great that sport is, that has always had problems to deal it that affect no other sport.

I don't support or have any connection with my home town club any more: the club I've supported and worked for for over 50 years. It feels great. My time is my own again, no more tide of victim culture to swim against, and the rest.

I just enjoy rugby league for its own sake again
Keeping it local

#34 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

If Nigel Wood told some of you aliens were visiting earth next week because they find RL a great sport you would believe him.
"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

#35 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,906 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

If Nigel Wood told some of you aliens were visiting earth next week because they find RL a great sport you would believe him.

:lol: :lol:

#36 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

I love Rufgby League - its Super League I can't watch. Some great skills on show but they are allowed to pass the ball forward, and then nothing that the players do decides a tight game - its invariably a refereeing decision!

#37 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

Karl Harrison in League Express has got it right.

#38 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:03 PM

look quick a strawman arguement! What a shocker

Edited by jannerboyuk, 02 April 2013 - 06:03 PM.

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#39 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:09 PM

People like you often make out like you're doing it for balance but its funny how you only ever pop up for negative threads. There are no equivalent thread from you pointing out how great a game was or how well the RFL have done.

It's all one way which is why it gets so much grief. For what it's worth I think crowds are down this year but if it was a reputable poster like Dave T, Wellsy or JohnM doing so then there would be a genuine discussion. Not because there is an in crowd here but because there is an element of trust that they are genuine based on other posts and they aren't just being negative because they for some reason revel in it.

Unfortunately in RL circles there are far too many of the latter and their posts usually sound a lot like yours.

crowds down from a record high of course, funny how the critics who demand a fair discussion never mention little inconvenient nuggets like that. As ever there is a debate to be had and I rather wood said something like "we are doing well in tough circumstances, the game can't be beat but now its time to face the challenges we face but with energy and optimism". But bloody ell the misery we actually get!
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#40 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

If Nigel Wood told you RL was dying and we should all give up, you would tell us it's never been healthier and rallying the troops.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users