RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Karl Pryce aka Dick Turpin

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

Blimey. This bloke is robbing a wage off the Rams. Terrible performance for such a big bloke.

#2 bulldogs17

bulldogs17
  • Coach
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

Thing is when he got the ball he made yards, just these runs were 30 mins apart. surely Cosgrove would do a better job for them.

Faal looked a lot better for us today (apart from that knock on)

#3 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

He he what a pudding and such a shame a big lad like that should be bulldozing everyone out of the way his team mates must be sick of him!

Just poping over to the Rams forum to see if any of them are brave enough to comment ;)

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#4 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

Blimey.

havent they learnt after catic, tansey, fozzard

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#5 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 381 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

He reminded me of Dale Cardoza who Batley signed. Having a player like Pryce in your side cannot be good for team morale. Pryce never came looking for the ball once. If Batley's discipline had have been better (some of the penalties given I would like to see a replay of again). Batley could have easily clocked up 50 points because without penalties and mistakes Dewsbury would not have got out of there own half.

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

#6 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 199 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

Couldnt agree more with cardoza referance couldnt belive how poor he was. Also couldnt belive he didnt go to the crowd after the match total disgrace over paid super league reject.. if eric france was still going ide weigh in for scrap they get more for him than they have all season .lol

#7 henry oulton

henry oulton
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:38 PM

hes an absolute joke. as is the foulmothed "lady" who stands at the back at bottom end. continually abusing the ref... at one point saying to a batley fan "come and make me shut up!!". disgusting person she was! also theres a group of old farts in that area too who take the banter way too far .... lots and nasty swearing at players etc.. i find that ground bad enough without having to encounter that lot!. id have thought theyd be used to losing by now... any great win for the dogs...missed a couple of tries so it should have been more. onwards

#8 mountieman21

mountieman21
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:57 PM

hes an absolute joke. as is the foulmothed "lady" who stands at the back at bottom end. continually abusing the ref... at one point saying to a batley fan "come and make me shut up!!". disgusting person she was! also theres a group of old farts in that area too who take the banter way too far .... lots and nasty swearing at players etc.. i find that ground bad enough without having to encounter that lot!. id have thought theyd be used to losing by now... any great win for the dogs...missed a couple of tries so it should have been more. onwards

I was also stood near the foulmouthed Dewsbury lass.As to the old farts all they wanted was for someone to engage them in a foul mouthed arguement.They should do their gobbing by encouraging their own team not rubbishing everything and everyone in sight.Also to the guy who called Mr. Hewer a little fat ******* take a look in the mirror mate you were built like a mini roundabout.

#9 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:06 PM

Lets not forget the 7 year old rotund dwarf who was offering everyone out as he walked at the back of the stand.

A perfect example of why inbreeding should remain illegal. Even in Chickenley.

#10 NEW DOG

NEW DOG
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:09 PM

He was funny though to be fair. He offered anyone on who was shorter than him and ran a mile when we turned around. It's the same every year though. They think that sticking their chests out and using ITV2 style language constitutes being loyal fans.Filling the ground on derby day might be a better start I think!!!!!

#11 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,538 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:33 AM

I find triumphalism unbecoming no matter who exhibits it but do enjoy it whilst you can.

As for the original posting Pryce can only use the ball when he gets it, and when he did yesterday he was OK. (Equally, when Faal first played for us he was useless but was coached into being a valuable member of the squad before leaving for fool's gold). I don't agree that a centre should be roaming all over the pitch looking for the ball, he should be playing within the team structure that the coach lays down.

When a player hides for most of the game but pops up now and then for crucial plays (Leon Pryce, Ben Black) then he is a star. When his incursion is less effective then he is rubbish. Such is the balanced judgement of the spectator.

Anyway it is gratifying that you all all so concerned for the welfare of your neighbouring club. Many thanks.

B)
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#12 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:43 AM

Don't like calling players but Price' body language said a lot last night, don't think his heart is in it for me.
We need stop those niggly penalties we keep conceding, otherwise we'd have scored more tries last night.

Edited by Bat Lad, 02 April 2013 - 11:43 AM.

#13 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

Agreed BL but I think Hewer punished both sides a little too often to allow the game to flow. On the posative a win is a win esp in a local derby away from home.

Do we know when the rearranged Swinton game is yet?

#14 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:00 PM

I find triumphalism unbecoming no matter who exhibits it but do enjoy it whilst you can.

As for the original posting Pryce can only use the ball when he gets it, and when he did yesterday he was OK. (Equally, when Faal first played for us he was useless but was coached into being a valuable member of the squad before leaving for fool's gold). I don't agree that a centre should be roaming all over the pitch looking for the ball, he should be playing within the team structure that the coach lays down.

When a player hides for most of the game but pops up now and then for crucial plays (Leon Pryce, Ben Black) then he is a star. When his incursion is less effective then he is rubbish. Such is the balanced judgement of the spectator.

Anyway it is gratifying that you all all so concerned for the welfare of your neighbouring club. Many thanks.

B)

BSJ, even from afar I can almost feel the tension! So much to say about this. Are you suggesting that Pryce is hiding? That Black is hiding? (by the way the same comments like this are the equivalent of triumphalising but for the losing side and comes across as sour grapes). Also, it is of course the Batley forum so where else should we be triumphal? If it is being done on your forum then it is of course trolling and pointless.
For what it's worth, I do believe that the team, whichever one, plays to a plan, and that is what Pryce is doing. He cannot begin to behave like a maverick as the damage to the team will be far worse. I believe that spectators expectations were too high. It's always the same, and I always cringe when I see the statement 'he will rip it up in this division'. I won't bore you on my lengthy theory on the differences between our division and SL but I would summarise it by saying there really is very little difference between your average SL player and those in our division.
Anyway, we have the bragging rights for a short while but no doubt it will all turn around soon.

Edited by distantdog, 02 April 2013 - 12:01 PM.

#15 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 889 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

Sorry BSJ in this instance your inference regards Ben Black is completely wrong. When he came to Batley the word was his defence was poor, well, I can tell you he is a model tackler, he doesn't shirk ,surely you saw the 2 or 3 times he took Pryce down by the legs???. He does a lot of work moving us around the park. Did you not see him giving George Flanagan the bollocking of his life when he was getting wound up.In reality someone on the Rams side should have been doing that to Pryce, but then of course you know this as you much watch a lot of our games ;) ;) . C'mon BSJ you can do better than these type of comments.
WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

#16 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

Dont forget his excellent 40/20 Colin :)

#17 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 889 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

Dont forget his excellent 40/20 Colin :)

Whoops forgot 'bout that , bet Buchanan thought ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhsssssssshhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiii..........................

Edited by colinb, 02 April 2013 - 01:00 PM.

#18 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,538 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:23 PM

Sorry BSJ in this instance your inference regards Ben Black is completely wrong. When he came to Batley the word was his defence was poor, well, I can tell you he is a model tackler, he doesn't shirk ,surely you saw the 2 or 3 times he took Pryce down by the legs???. He does a lot of work moving us around the park. Did you not see him giving George Flanagan the bollocking of his life when he was getting wound up.In reality someone on the Rams side should have been doing that to Pryce, but then of course you know this as you much watch a lot of our games ;) ;) . C'mon BSJ you can do better than these type of comments.

No, no, no - unnecessary sensitivity guys! Simply because I refer to one of your players doesn't mean that I am criticising him. My comments refer to the perceptions of spectators:

A player that conserves his energies (is that better?) to enable him to be specially effective is praised, one who does the same but is ultimately less effective is slated. It doesn't mean that one or the other is lazy, just that one is a better and wiser player. OK?
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#19 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

I will continue to call hewer a little fat b%#@%&d
cos he is...and i can.

us fatties have to stick together ;)

i hold no love for the cumbrian chubmaster
nor him for me.

the universe is balanced.....
like a large plate at a buffet ;)

its a term of endearment between me and my roly poly
friend gareth ;)

#20 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 889 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:06 PM

No, no, no - unnecessary sensitivity guys! Simply because I refer to one of your players doesn't mean that I am criticising him. My comments refer to the perceptions of spectators:

A player that conserves his energies (is that better?) to enable him to be specially effective is praised, one who does the same but is ultimately less effective is slated. It doesn't mean that one or the other is lazy, just that one is a better and wiser player. OK?

But surely BSJ by insinuating he'' hides and pops up for crucial plays'' is very unfair, and a criticism!!, on a player who works his preverbials off, including tackling that lump called Pryce, and yes that is a criticism. Ben Black plays 80 minutes every game, is not substituted, takes us around the park and gives out rollickins when required, ALA Flanagan late in the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users