Karl Pryce

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#1 giveuplinno

giveuplinno
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

Any iedas what he does????????? this lad's a big unit with enough super league experience to help our younger players, yes he scored today, but what does he bring to the team?????? Lazy IMO. Seemed happy to have a laff with the Batley Fans when they were mocking him. But what does he do?????never got involved and never seemed interested in getting involved. IMO complete waste of time and money. Drop him and give someone else a go,...not sure who, but least they/who ever would give a bit more effort.Even Keegan did more than him.......Nuff said.

#2 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

We've turned Keegan into an outstanding forward. Just needed some decent coaching, really!

#3 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 962 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

I'm sure he's trying,but it does not look good when he's still got his tracksuit bottoms on in the warm up,think we have Elliot Cosgrove back next week after his loan at Keighley,hope he has a chance next week in the cup game.

#4 giveuplinno

giveuplinno
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:57 PM

Its so frustrating after the start we made, and Pryce just bumbles along without a care in the world. SHOW SOME EFFORT MAN............

#5 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:25 PM

Its so frustrating after the start we made, and Pryce just bumbles along without a care in the world. SHOW SOME EFFORT MAN............

Cosgrove IN, Pryce OUT!

#6 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 200 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

I have said from day one that he is lazy, shows no interest, speed or enthusiasm he had several decent chances tonight and took one when he scored its about time he either grows a pair or ships out how many times did Austin come in to take the ball in I havent seen Pryce do that once why he gets picked at all is beyond me

#7 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:52 PM

DONT WORRY PEEPS im guessing that nobby will tempt him down the m62 for some of Dr. Koukash 'cash'

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#8 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,293 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:48 AM

I though he played Ok last night. Some fans are looking for something that's never been there - he has always looked lackadaisical with all of the Sl clubs that he's played with but this doesn't measn that he doesn't care or put in the effort. Maybe some folk would prefer a player who rushes about like a B-A fly but is, ultimately, a liability, I wouldn't.

Cosgrove is a decent enough player but came in for a fair amount of criticism from the terraces last season. As is often said, the best players are usually those who aren't in the team!
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#9 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 972 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:54 AM

Reminds me of Dimitar Berbatov.

#10 bulldogs17

bulldogs17
  • Coach
  • 134 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

Couldn't you play him at loose forward? He is big enough, got decent hands and even yesterday was pretty good defensively. By forcing him to play in the middle of the pitch he will have to take more carries and look more interested.

#11 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

The trouble with KP more than anything is the fact he looks visually completely disinterested. Whether that is actually the case only he knows.

The only way to really find out is to do what B17 has suggested and move him into the pack.

A player of his size, pedigree and quality should be ripping it up in this division so to speak, even in a team currently struggling for confidence.

#12 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:23 AM

I asked on another thread - does anyone know how many times he actually touched the ball during the match?

A player of his physique and playing background surely should be doing more work than he appeared to do last night. Having him taking the ball up on the first or second tackle would relieve the forwards and also keep the opposition "big men" occupied near the PTB.

I guess it is the way they are asked to play by the respective coaches but look at the involvement of Greenwood, Potts and Campbell in taking the ball up on the first 2 or 3 tackles and they do not have the extra physique that Pryce has.

#13 Hugh Jarce

Hugh Jarce
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

I asked on another thread - does anyone know how many times he actually touched the ball during the match?

A player of his physique and playing background surely should be doing more work than he appeared to do last night. Having him taking the ball up on the first or second tackle would relieve the forwards and also keep the opposition "big men" occupied near the PTB.

I guess it is the way they are asked to play by the respective coaches but look at the involvement of Greenwood, Potts and Campbell in taking the ball up on the first 2 or 3 tackles and they do not have the extra physique that Pryce has.

I might be wrong, and I often am, but Karl Price strikes me as the kind of player who needs management on the field as well as off it.

Strong leadership (which we don't have) on the field, might turn Mr Price around. The first 10 minutes of each half, when he plays, he looks more interested and motivated. Probably still has GM words ringing in his ears, just needs someone else doing it all game.

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

#14 Rambo

Rambo
  • Coach
  • 500 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

I thought he had his "best game" for us last night. However he still doesnt look interested.
Posted Image

#15 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

I think the critism of karl isnt right imo. People are looking for a scapegoat when its a number of other things whats the problem. He Just needs to come looking for work in his own 20 more to take some pressure off our forwards, thats his only downfall but surely Glen should be having a word with him about this???, hes certainly not our worst player and looks alot more interested than tansey ever did. Think the player who really annoys me at the minute is Tommy Gallagher, the overweight penalty machine!! Also his attidude is clear towards to club imo with his words to the fan who had ago at glen after the game in his aftermatch speech when glen seems to be happy with how things are going when infact were getting worse and cant play for 80 minutes at all..... The passionate fan clearly cares about the club more than Gallagher ever will yet gallaghers words were along the lines of nut him to a fellow first teamer, joke or not that fans a fan whos clearly passionate about his club and about our recent poor form.... IMO we lack an experienced halfback to play alongside brown who can organise us more, abit like ben black at batley and we desperatly need hepworth and jones back to strenthen the forwards and add some experience. Also i find it a concern that in almost all our matches to date we dont seem to ever score a point in the 2nd half?? is this fitness?? We are also very boring to watch when we was promised some good rugby and cant see our crowds picking up until we start entertaining.. Iv actualy started to not enjoy watching our games anymore!

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 02 April 2013 - 11:51 AM.

#16 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:00 PM

Iv actualy started to not enjoy watching our games anymore!

Unfortunatly DTID you are committed to watching Dewsbury until such time as the Grim Reaper liberates you of that misery! :D

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#17 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

The problem is that we have a player who has come down from the SL, therefore many fans instantly head off and book their challenge cup final tickets for Wembley and have these grand expectations - Which rarely come to fruition.

The guys confidence and self belief is obviously shot, to use him as a scape goat for the whole team and to then publish it on a forum he may well read is a poor show imo.

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#18 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 972 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

Pryce is a big man and a big name, which is unfortunate in a way, because it means he's under a massive amount of pressure to perform / win matches single-handedly.

But people forget that he's playing for us because he couldn't find a club in Super League. Nobody knows how much he is being paid, or whether or not he's being paid any more than anyone else.

I'd venture to suggest that he didn't touch the ball any less than Brad Watkinson yesterday evening - another new signing - but someone who, because he isn't a big name, escapes the same level of scrutiny.

Not a dig at Brad - just an example.

And comparing him to the Batley threequarters is unfair, because it's clear that much of their (effective) gameplan revolved around scooting from dummy half - ours didn't.

He scored a try, didn't miss a tackle, and threw one wayward pass, which, had it been half a yard back, would have sent Austin over.

We have a bad habit at this club of picking on individual players and blaming our shortcomings on them. Tere Glassie, Brad Hepi Darren Rogers, Keegan Hirst, Liam Finn, Chris Charles, Aaron Trinder, Mark Field, Sid Domic and Ayden Faal all got the same treatment from certain sections of our support while they were with us, based on conspiracy theories, hearsay and ridiculously high levels of expectation.

Opposing fans half-expect him to rip their team apart, based mainly on the fact he's a Super League winner, played in the Super League for a lot of years and is Leon Pryce's brother, which is why there's a topic on the Batley forum dedicated to him.

Unfortunately his reputation has been his biggest enemy in recent years and continues to be. He strikes me as a player who is low on confidence and trying to get his career back on track, not somebody who doesn't care.

I don't boo my own team, I don't boo our own players and I'd rather get behind a player struggling for form, but that's just me.

#19 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

Pryce is a big man and a big name, which is unfortunate in a way, because it means he's under a massive amount of pressure to perform / win matches single-handedly.

But people forget that he's playing for us because he couldn't find a club in Super League. Nobody knows how much he is being paid, or whether or not he's being paid any more than anyone else.

I'd venture to suggest that he didn't touch the ball any less than Brad Watkinson yesterday evening - another new signing - but someone who, because he isn't a big name, escapes the same level of scrutiny.

Not a dig at Brad - just an example.

And comparing him to the Batley threequarters is unfair, because it's clear that much of their (effective) gameplan revolved around scooting from dummy half - ours didn't.

He scored a try, didn't miss a tackle, and threw one wayward pass, which, had it been half a yard back, would have sent Austin over.

We have a bad habit at this club of picking on individual players and blaming our shortcomings on them. Tere Glassie, Brad Hepi Darren Rogers, Keegan Hirst, Liam Finn, Chris Charles, Aaron Trinder, Mark Field, Sid Domic and Ayden Faal all got the same treatment from certain sections of our support while they were with us, based on conspiracy theories, hearsay and ridiculously high levels of expectation.

Opposing fans half-expect him to rip their team apart, based mainly on the fact he's a Super League winner, played in the Super League for a lot of years and is Leon Pryce's brother, which is why there's a topic on the Batley forum dedicated to him.

Unfortunately his reputation has been his biggest enemy in recent years and continues to be. He strikes me as a player who is low on confidence and trying to get his career back on track, not somebody who doesn't care.

I don't boo my own team, I don't boo our own players and I'd rather get behind a player struggling for form, but that's just me.

Agree with most of that Tom - I really rated KP in his first season at the bulls, and I don't think he has suddenly become a bad player. He does seem to have lost some pace though, and I reckon a move to the pack might suit him.

#20 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 836 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:11 PM

Tom I think some of the players you name were poor signings in the first place, some were certainly injury prone. The fact they are/were playing at this level means we are taking a risk on them. When an ex SL player comes to the club expectation levels increase on said player and rightly so. I would expect them to be better than the existing players in that position. I don't think Pryce has done too bad I would say average. I would agree about booing players doesn't help and Pyrce will feel the pressure from the crowd and fans. '

Edited by Ramite, 02 April 2013 - 03:18 PM.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users