Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Karl Pryce

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#21 S.T.R

S.T.R
  • Coach
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

Come on Tom, Glassie and Trinder were rubbish, Domic was unlucky with the injury sustained, Darren Rodgers didn't let us down the others were average at best
When I want your opinion, I will remove the gaffer tape

#22 BROADEDDIE

BROADEDDIE
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

I think Pryce needs to take a good look at himself and decide if he wants to be in SL again, if he does he needs to improve 100% and show willing to work, also would have thought he would be able to help the younger players a bit but they are doing his work as well as their own.
Agree with putting him in at loose forward and make him work.

#23 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

Surprised to hear GM thinks things are going in the right direction. 17 games left, 6 against the top 5 sides where we are unlikely to get a point. Leaves 11 games and we probably have to win 5 or 6 to be safe, but other teams are running into form and we aren't. Three points off the bottom and lost the last four games.

Who's confident of a win at York who beat Fev? We should just about stay up, but it is looking very close and we need to win at least one if not both our next two league games to give us some breathing space. There are no easybeats this season. We had a relatively easy start except for Fev.

Let's hope with a few players back we can start picking up some wins and points.

Edited by Wakefield Ram, 02 April 2013 - 07:20 PM.

#24 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 533 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

I thought that KP had a solid enough game. He didn't see much of the ball,but that seems to be common with centres these days. When he did get the ball he looked quite effective.

Off on a tangent, I know, but I liked the look of no 6 (Brown I presume). The lad worked his socks off and looked to be a good young talent.

#25 giveuplinno

giveuplinno
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

My origional post was not ment as a personal dig at KP. I was thinking after watching the game how frustrated I was with the big lads showing. The young lads worked there sox off and bust a gut to move the ball forward. KP seems less upto speed! Brynn Powell was a monster at taking the ball forward at pace(for a guy who wasn't the biggest). If we could get that from KP, we would loose him fast to a Super League club. I just think he could work a tad harder at making his own luck, if you like.Again nothing against the lad as I want him to do well for us, cause if he does well, we do well.On a positive note, I thought Brown and Morton were superb!

#26 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

Karl Pryce imo is a good player who isn't confident at all, there must be something to him because you don't exactly play top flight rugby, in Karl's case both codes, if you're a pile of tosh do you?
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#27 giveuplinno

giveuplinno
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

Not saying he is a pile of tosh either. I agree he looks like he is lacking in confidence, but my theorie on the recovery of confidence, is to work harder thus creating better chances of a bit of good luck, which in turn will boost his confidence............just my opinion.

#28 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,455 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:12 AM

Off on a tangent, I know, but I liked the look of no 6 (Brown I presume). The lad worked his socks off and looked to be a good young talent.

Yes he's looked good all season. No doubt Post Office Road beckons!

:(
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#29 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,690 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

Yes he's looked good all season. No doubt Post Office Road beckons!

:(

Not next season it doesn't - sure he was on a two year deal. :) Unless we fold or something unthinkable :o Don't know how things stand if we go down.

#30 BROADEDDIE

BROADEDDIE
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

spoke to him the other day and he is on a 2 year deal

#31 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

Not next season it doesn't - sure he was on a two year deal. :) Unless we fold or something unthinkable :o Don't know how things stand if we go down.

If we go down grumpy and johnny will form the new board to take over the club .or at least somebody will have to .

#32 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,690 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

If we go down grumpy and johnny will form the new board to take over the club .or at least somebody will have to .

Last chance saloon then ? Not good news. :(

#33 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:10 PM

Not saying he is a pile of tosh either. I agree he looks like he is lacking in confidence, but my theorie on the recovery of confidence, is to work harder thus creating better chances of a bit of good luck, which in turn will boost his confidence............just my opinion.

The comment I made wasn't made directly to you, it was a general comment as I have heard a few people say he is a pile of s#*t and their comments were made before this thread was even made. I do however agree to the theory, and it sounds a good idea.
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#34 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,455 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

We won't, and we won't.

B)
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#35 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

Last chance saloon then ? Not good news. :(

If the price is right ill happily drink their !
Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#36 Sir Jekyll Stocking

Sir Jekyll Stocking
  • Coach
  • 887 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

If the price is right ill happily drink their !

Drink their what, John?

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

#37 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:23 PM

busted by the grammar police :blink:
Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#38 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:28 AM

Drink their what, John?

Ahem...... I think we all know the answer to that one ;)

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#39 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

I think its pretty apparent that for any club relegated to the abyss at the end of this season life will be near impossible . we think that financial survival for any club relegated will be unachievable . All the championship clubs income this season is down on forecast and all the clubs are struggling to pay the bills ,including those whose supporters are full of bellicose verbosity .

#40 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

I think its pretty apparent that for any club relegated to the abyss at the end of this season life will be near impossible . we think that financial survival for any club relegated will be unachievable . All the championship clubs income this season is down on forecast and all the clubs are struggling to pay the bills ,including those whose supporters are full of bellicose verbosity .

Yup, financially we are all in this together!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users