Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Karl Pryce

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#61 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:55 PM

Didn't think you had any money to sign players ;)

Don't worry Eduardo, we've still got a load left in our Squadbuilder fund that we've barely had to touch for two seasons. Deary me, making the assumption that because we're riding high in the league we must be spending a fortune we don't have is just really, really lazy. It also betrays any efforts to hide your jealousy, as well.

Edited by TheTerminator, 08 July 2013 - 04:01 PM.

Posted Image

#62 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 562 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

Didn't think you had any money to sign players ;)

Don't you worry about us old lad ;-)
"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#63 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:09 PM

BSJ is quite correct, if Pryce was rested, by 4.40 pm next Sunday one other individual would be singled out.

Some people seem to forget that it is a team game of 17 players and it is very rare that one individual loses

or wins a game.

Those who went yesterday could clearly see that most, if not all, of our more senior players played

to a very unacceptable level.  We did not control the game at any time and had no answer to players

with the ability of Flynn, Lupton and Mattison.

#64 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:13 PM

Don't you worry about us old lad ;-)

But Eddie does, I.C. I think he's assuming that a bit of tittle tattle from one of our players who has been offered reduced terms for next season means that we're skint. Little does he realise that the vast majority clubs in our league will be further reducing their wage bill. Maybe not Dewsbury, though. I'm sure that they'll find another useless, bloated, lazy ex Super League lump to throw money at whilst he laughs up his red, amber and black sleeve at the fans who pay his wages. That's all based purely on supposition, obviously. They might be paying him absolute peanuts for all I know.

Edited by TheTerminator, 08 July 2013 - 04:17 PM.

Posted Image

#65 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:24 PM

But Eddie does, I.C. I think he's assuming that a bit of tittle tattle from one of our players who has been offered reduced terms for next season means that we're skint. Little does he realise that the vast majority clubs in our league will be further reducing their wage bill. Maybe not Dewsbury, though. I'm sure that they'll find another useless, bloated, lazy ex Super League lump to throw money at whilst he laughs up his red, amber and black sleeve at the fans who pay his wages. That's all based purely on supposition, obviously. They might be paying him absolute peanuts for all I know.

Karl pryce earning £600 a loss doesn't sound like peanuts to me.
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#66 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,472 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:57 PM

Karl pryce earning £600 a loss doesn't sound like peanuts to me.

You've seen the contract then Kelsey?

I've heard that Brown is also on £900 pw whether he plays or not.

Edited by Blind side johnny, 08 July 2013 - 06:58 PM.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#67 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:34 PM

You've seen the contract then Kelsey?

I've heard that Brown is also on £900 pw whether he plays or not.

Not heard about Brown, but I heard pryce is on that, although it wouldn't surprise me if he was.

#68 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:16 PM

£600..........Think of all the decent Bulldogs players you could sign with that kinda cash :lol:

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#69 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:43 PM

Talking of money, interesting that Adam Robinson has just signed a new deal at Fax and says he rejected better terms offered by one of his former clubs!!! I wonder which club that might have been?

Also Fax fans seem to confirm Thackeray is at Ram stadium next season.

#70 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:45 PM

Well its not us remember we dont have any money ;)

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

#71 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

Well its not us remember we dont have any money ;)

My God pigglets woke up and smelt the coffee.

#72 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:29 AM

Surprising that the Rams are apparently better off than other clubs, but trust that MS knows what he is doing. There must be something in the pipeline for us to be offering better money than Fax.

Might this be linked to possible league restructure and MS making some really upbeat statements.

Edited by Wakefield Ram, 09 July 2013 - 06:34 AM.

#73 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:20 AM

Surprising that the Rams are apparently better off than other clubs, but trust that MS knows what he is doing. There must be something in the pipeline for us to be offering better money than Fax.
Might this be linked to possible league restructure and MS making some really upbeat statements.

It could be, it could also be (and hallelujah it is IMO) that MS has woke up and smelt the coffee and has realised that we have fallen so far behind the dogs that we need to actually spend some money and actually buy a squad that can have fans confident that we have a chance against the dogs at home.

#74 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:50 AM

What a load of wildly innacurate nonsense is being talked about on this Forum in respect of Players' terms, money being offered

etc obviously from people with no idea whatsoever about how the Club structures it's Financial operations and policies.  As MS has always

told all of us, OUR Club does not spend money that it does not have.  As this is still the case, that is all we need to concern ourselves with.

We will not be coming round with a bucket collection!

Also, why would / should we give a s**t about the finances of the Dogs or how much money there is in their Squadbuilder?  Hope it's earning

a good rate of interest.

The new structure of the Leagues will require other criteria to be met off the field and MS is simply trying to inform OUR fans

of the steps being taken by the interested/committed parties at the Rams to ensure that we keep OUR club in a position on and off the field to

adapt to and benefit from the changes.  There are lots of new ventures and projects being worked upon at present to take OUR club forward

and hopefully most of them will not present the same frustrations as the Eastern Terrace is still providing!

Perhaps we could blame Karl Pryce for everything that goes wrong or takes longer to achieve than it should do.

:tongue:

#75 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:30 AM

What a load of wildly innacurate nonsense is being talked about on this Forum in respect of Players' terms, money being offered
etc obviously from people with no idea whatsoever about how the Club structures it's Financial operations and policies.  As MS has always
told all of us, OUR Club does not spend money that it does not have.  As this is still the case, that is all we need to concern ourselves with.
We will not be coming round with a bucket collection!

Also, why would / should we give a s**t about the finances of the Dogs or how much money there is in their Squadbuilder?  Hope it's earning
a good rate of interest.

The new structure of the Leagues will require other criteria to be met off the field and MS is simply trying to inform OUR fans
of the steps being taken by the interested/committed parties at the Rams to ensure that we keep OUR club in a position on and off the field to
adapt to and benefit from the changes.  There are lots of new ventures and projects being worked upon at present to take OUR club forward
and hopefully most of them will not present the same frustrations as the Eastern Terrace is still providing!

Perhaps we could blame Karl Pryce for everything that goes wrong or takes longer to achieve than it should do.

:tongue:

You've started a new topic now, Karl Pryce to blame for delays on Eastern Terrace! Oh and probably the Western Terrace as well, if only he tried harder....

#76 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:53 AM

You've started a new topic now, Karl Pryce to blame for delays on Eastern Terrace! Oh and probably the Western Terrace as well, if only he tried harder....

Slow progress, a little bit of movement, a few steps and then a grinding halt - and of course the terrace development seems a bit slow as well - but I still think, if KP was  allowed to get over the injury he seems to be carrying, and then played in a position to which he is more suited, he would be good for us.

#77 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:24 PM

Slow progress, a little bit of movement, a few steps and then a grinding halt - and of course the terrace development seems a bit slow as well - but I still think, if KP was  allowed to get over the injury he seems to be carrying, and then played in a position to which he is more suited, he would be good for us.

I don't think water carrier is classed as a "position" in a rugby team GOR, but hey every team needs half a dozen these days so why not :D

#78 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:22 PM

He should play second row IMO

#79 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,472 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:50 PM

It could be, it could also be (and hallelujah it is IMO) that MS has woke up and smelt the coffee and has realised that we have fallen so far behind the dogs that we need to actually spend some money and actually buy a squad that can have fans confident that we have a chance against the dogs at home.

Please explain "we" Kelsey.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#80 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:00 PM

Please explain "we" Kelsey.

"we", as in the club, MS has always been a bit cautious with the budget, but now with the proposed SL1 & SL2, alongside the dogs aiming high like ourselves (Love rugby league club of the week is my reference for this, as GM stated he was aiming to be a top side in SL2) "we", the club will have to spend a bit more money than usual.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users