should we go 5 on bench

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 superten

superten
  • Coach
  • 364 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

With the game getting more and more physical and demanding should we go to five on the bench but keeping ten changes. An idea could be to have an academy player on bench as your fifth reserve if player gets injured at least you have some extra cover. Plus this could help development of younger players giving them experience in big match build ups and big games.
Chief Crazy Eagle

#2 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,624 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:33 AM

No. Four's plenty. We don't need to go to soccer's lengths with more subs than spectators in the stand.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#3 superten

superten
  • Coach
  • 364 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

No. Four's plenty. We don't need to go to soccer's lengths with more subs than spectators in the stand.

but it could help development if they had to be british an academy player. Take wigan yesterday easy win they could have put the young player for 10 to 15 minutes saving one of there stars which makes every one a winner.
Chief Crazy Eagle

#4 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,663 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:40 AM

but it could help development if they had to be british an academy player. Take wigan yesterday easy win they could have put the young player for 10 to 15 minutes saving one of there stars which makes every one a winner.

I'm pretty sure Hull KR weren't winners.

If anything, offering more substitutes makes it easier for a team with more squad depth to blow another off the park: after Monday's results I'm not sure that's what we're after.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#5 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,624 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:57 AM

It's getting far too complicated if you have to have a fifth sub that you have to bring on for ten minutes.

Another wage too, of course.

On the other hand, given DR, I quite like the idea that development players should be foisted on $uperleague clubs. ^_^
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users