Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Johnny Campbell

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 604 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:33 AM

For me he has been one of our best players this year so far and I think he's our best winger.

Always gives 100% and is good for a try in most games.

What does everyone else think?

#2 bulldogs17

bulldogs17
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:55 AM

Needs to run forwards more, spends too much time running sideways across the pitch. However takes the tough carries, and safe under the high ball.

I'd start with Johnson and Campbell, Potts doesn't look as good as he was last year imo.

#3 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:08 AM

Whilst I don't think there has been anything wrong with Potts performances so far I think you will see an improvement once the weather improves (hopefully) and the grounds firm up a bit.

Fully expect Johnson to be in the team this sunday though and either Potts or Greenwood to be stood down, as per the rotation policy. (this is, of course, dependent upon the injury situation).

#4 allaboutbatley

allaboutbatley
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:10 AM

Potts has been a little quieter than I expected but to be fair we havent got the ball to him too often. Its good to see that we are firmly in the Top 5 this year again.

AAB_Small_500x67.jpg

#5 bazbulldog

bazbulldog
  • Coach
  • 158 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

I stand in the nine oyl when we are playing downhill and it amazes me how rarely the ball comes to the right wing and thus to Gareth Potts,its not surprising that he
does not get many chances.

#6 mountieman21

mountieman21
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:38 PM

It surprises me how the ball does not get out to neither wing.We have good wingers who can finish off a move and can also go from distance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users