Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

carcassonne predictions

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#21 topladtownie

topladtownie
  • Coach
  • 749 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

No doubt if they do sign for haven or any player of quality your band of merry men that hate haven with a passion would call them useless or past it. But as your finding out with Dowes & Lupton not everything out of Superleague is the best and had either been still up to it wouldn't be playing for any club in the champ

What's that got to do with the mighty Dews Luggsy? Are you concerned that Dewsbury may go down, you being
such a big fan? ;) :wacko:

#22 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,331 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:13 PM

Maybe thinking of Karl Pryce !

#23 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,926 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

russ aitken and vinnie anderson are their 2 star players soon to be haven players once the french leagues over

Which meands more locals pushed out then...
"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#24 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:47 AM

If the lads dont turn up against them on Sunday they will be in for a beating. They are a storng outfit - Lawton ( if selected) will know all about how tough they are ,he faced them in France when they beat a Widnes team 31- 14 . They have improved since and will be a tough proposition. The saving grace is your not playing them over there, they dont serve beer at the ground and we had to go the supermarket and buy in the last time I was there :lol: oh they dont like singing either :blink:

#25 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 332 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:36 AM

I heard the team is going to be shaken up for thos game. They're putting the subs in a different order on the team sheet

#26 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 828 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:16 PM

There is nothing on google to take you direct to there website or anything? It seems Wikipedia even gave up in 2011

#27 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,793 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

There is nothing on google to take you direct to there website or anything? It seems Wikipedia even gave up in 2011

http://translate.goo...ved=0CEYQ7gEwAg

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#28 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

I'd play Connor and Callum Phillips at halfback in this one to see how they go.
If Matty isn't fit, move Olstrum to 9 and Lupton to 13.
Then rest Stack and B Phillips and put Lawton (or another Widnes dual reg) and either Shackley/Robinson in the 2nd row
The we can see what the balance of the team looks like with Lupton at 13.
I'd give Connor/Phillips another 2 games to succeed. If not, then send Connor back to S Wales and invest some money in a 2nd rower/prop to rest Stack/Phillips and replace Walne.

Edited by shaun mc, 03 April 2013 - 09:57 PM.

#29 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,331 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:13 PM

If that threat doesn't get you going nothing will ! He must be thanking his lucky stars he's been rescued from that poor , anonymous league . Whether he deserves to have been ... Well It's to early to judge the guy , he's not settled yet in a position or time on the pitch .
But he has the pedigree so I've faith he has qualities to add , hopefully directing our traffic from the middle soon .
Then we'll get a handle on him . I agree Shaun in the general point of working on new patterns to see if
they add dimension to your play , and the cup game is a good chance .

Edited by DavidM, 03 April 2013 - 10:16 PM.

#30 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:28 AM

While nobody can argue that the league is the priority this year, if the lads can get through this round and draw champ 1 club at home it won't do the bank balance or confidence any harm to have a cup run for a change.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#31 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,331 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:39 AM

You usually want a big SL team , preferably at home , but maybe not this year ! Would take it out of you for a couple of weeks .
Hopefully yes a kinder draw and a bit if progress would be nice ... But Sunday is no drop kick to begin with.
A bit of the unknown , but as with most games it's how we play that will decide things .

Edited by DavidM, 04 April 2013 - 08:41 AM.

#32 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

Any sl club at home for the money

#33 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

Any sl club at home for the money

Need to concentrate on Sunday first - getting through this tie will be a bonus whoever you get - Widnes at home would be funny

#34 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,331 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

There's plenty of much closer link ups where if they drew the ' parent ' club it would be very interesting and bizarre .

#35 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,167 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

we want haven in the next round, followed by barrow, then well go for a giant killing later on.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#36 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

There's plenty of much closer link ups where if they drew the ' parent ' club it would be very interesting and bizarre .

Swinton v Warrington :lol:

maybe not thev'e got to beat Toulouse !!!!!

Edited by wonderofwood, 04 April 2013 - 01:06 PM.

#37 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

30-20 ell miller hatrick

#38 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

done my homework. town 30 frogs 22
no injuries please as the league is more important.

#39 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 828 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:22 PM

Wonder if jack Gaskell will get some game time the lads deserves it

#40 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,681 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

I have been trying to make sense of the English translation of the latest news on the ASCXIII website and I believe it is saying that they have a number of injuries which will mean several juniors getting their chance in the cup match.    I think it also says that they will be bring around 30 supporters with them.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users