Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

carcassonne predictions

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#81 Gonch

Gonch
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

No he didn't pal just said something, was right in front of us

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

#82 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

"This is why i did it ref, honest"

#83 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,420 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

On the positive , great to see Matty scampering round in a town jumper again , that long pass for a try was pure quality .

#84 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

i think mr anderson should be very thankful that it was cotter and not acton opposite him in the scrum, it could have gotten ugly for him very fast.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#85 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,420 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

Hope big Brett's ok we don't need any injuries to our pack now Walnes gone . With Robinson and Gaskell on the bench with Shackley , that pack depth is a bit worrying if any injuries bite .

Edited by DavidM, 07 April 2013 - 04:38 PM.

#86 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

Sounds like a enjoyable game today guys. Well done on the victory - by the way, forgive my ignorance ,but who is this "cotter" you speak about ?? and did Kayle Conor get a chance to play in the halves or did he stay in the centres ? been at Langree park today to see a very spirited Blackbrook side scare the hell out of York - god this league is so unpredictable at the moment I think it will have everyones heart in their mouths until the very last game.

Whoever said you need DR to up the standard wants shooting this league is certainly exciting and great valvue for money.

Edited by wonderofwood, 07 April 2013 - 04:39 PM.

#87 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,420 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

Played centre , wing , centre but looks a bit wasted there . Squat and strong , scored a try , solid in defence and running the ball , needs more central involvement . Not getting chance to use that bomb either ! Last tackle attacking kicks pretty poor again , there's were often lethal . We need better last play options . Interesting to see if Connor makes a difference in that .

Edited by DavidM, 07 April 2013 - 04:43 PM.

#88 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

So anyway. Carter, Acton, Phillips jnr, Coward, Calderwood, Dawes and Rooney not playing and still won. Happy days.!

Cotter is James Robinson. Head down ass up whenever its asked of him lol

Think Connor stayed at centre. Coyle average again :(

#89 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,420 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

Funny that both York and Swinton struggled ... No DR for them was there ? Just asking .

#90 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

good win in the end
credit to the French as their intensity was good infact better than ours they were very quick around the PTB too. some good individual performances for us and the game slightly marred by shocking scenes in the tunnel by the red cared casscaronne player.

#91 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

i think its harsh on coyle this game as he was injured early on. stack was outstanding.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#92 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,420 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

Just incredible from Stacky , superhuman stuff .

#93 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,705 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

Connor played in the centre today.     When I heard the team today I thought we must be resting players but Charlo on the radio said there was reason for each player being missing which is worrying as to our strength in depth without the Widnes lads.

John Walsh describing the incident near the end in his after match comments thought that Cotter had been substituted!!!   Him and the French number 10 both got sin-binned so the French ended with 11 players and we had 12.    

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#94 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

It was just a bit of a duel, all part of the game and best forgot about. We shouldn't be talking about that though as it was a good performance on the whole. Stacky was my MOM, back to his awesome best. Olstrum and Forber played well too. Good to see Thacks back like his old self and Matty back is a huge bonus.
Forber is playing much more direct and looking miles better, a couple of dodgy passes aside he played well.
Anderson played well, as did their 8 & 10. Liked the look of Aitken, directed everything and hardly put a foot wrong. His chasing of his own kicks was a lesson for our lads. But they had a couple of average players who didn't look all that interested TBH.
I thought the ref gave them a few rough calls, he can come back anytime lol.
Oh and who was the little kid setting the kicking tee up? Should he not have had a yellow bib on?? Lol only joking Callum!
Hope Brett hasn't hurt his knee too badly, we could do without him missing next week.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#95 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,420 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:49 PM

Yes you can judge a team from its bench strength . Hopefully the missing players will be ok next week , especially Acton and Coward . That's our main strength so we need those 4 props rotating . They were spirited but obviously carried by a few talented players . I'll have Aitken here any day .

Edited by DavidM, 07 April 2013 - 04:52 PM.

#96 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:49 PM

Crikey the ref sin binned the frenchie on the sly did he? I thought i saw everything but didnt see that

#97 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,809 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

Yes you can judge a team from its bench strength . Hopefully the missing players will be ok next week , especially Acton and Coward . That's our main strength so we need those 4 props rotating . They were spirited but obviously carried by a few talented players . I'll have Aitken here any day .

They're ok for next week, Acton was missing cos it was his kids christening today. Callum was just rested and Carter tweaked his leg in training and could have played but they decided not to risk him.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#98 ameliasdaddy

ameliasdaddy
  • Workington
  • 131 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

I was sat in front of the commentary box, didn't look like he spat to me, looked like a choice word or 2, why should cotter get any blame for that??

Doesn't winding up happen every game, remember him from from Gateshead.

Thought forber did well today, liked Lupton at loose better too, leave him there olstrom can play anywhere. Much better from dowes too but he doesn't look happy to me.

#99 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 834 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

Forber and dowes must improved performance this season like but sound, matty nice return too slotted in nice, stack outstanding as was olstrum! Thought Lupton had a good game too!! Lot of positives to take on to the next few weeks! And I seen the incident too with cotter James Robinson close up and it was a little verbal bit of fun to which Anderson cannot do what he did and deserves a large ban and fine for it

#100 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

598 attendance but only 440 watched the super team down the road put London to the sword. Will we see the trolls back after they came back to earth with a bump?
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users