carcassonne predictions

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#121 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:46 PM

Last tackle attacking kicks have become THE central part of a teams offensive armoury in modern footy . You need a fine attacking tactical kicker . Aitken , like Ben Black , was first rate .

#122 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

Last tackle attacking kicks have become THE central part of a teams offensive armoury in modern footy . You need a fine attacking tactical kicker . Aitken , like Ben Black , was first rate .

we should have made him an offer before he got on the coach back to france!!!!!!!!!!

#123 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 912 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

I'm sure it was noted but we of course don't have the resources of the millionaire jams

#124 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 513 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

Buy now pay never? :)

#125 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

well done town top result, frenchies are always hard to beat!#cumbrianandproud!!!!

Edited by shun, 07 April 2013 - 07:57 PM.

#126 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

How would the likes of Aitken and Anderson get work visas then?? Even if anyone has got room in their cap for the extra costs surely neither of them are current internationals??? 

Neither club can afford players of that quality on attendances of 440 - 600.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#127 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

No idea , is the EU not an open work market ? Outside my limited area of knowledge !

#128 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:27 PM

How would the likes of Aitken and Anderson get work visas then?? Even if anyone has got room in their cap for the extra costs surely neither of them are current internationals??? 
Neither club can afford players of that quality on attendances of 440 - 600.

Anderson would get a visa coz his been playing SL games over last few years as for aitken his surname tells you coomes from scottish family somewhere down the line

#129 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

Anderson would get a visa coz his been playing SL games over last few years as for aitken his surname tells you coomes from scottish family somewhere down the line

How far down the line counts as surely Anderson is also as Scots name?!!  ;)

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#130 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

Mmmm looks like Haven have done some prep work into this ...

#131 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

Mmmm looks like Haven have done some prep work into this ...

Surely super Rooney is the best half in the league? Or have they turned on the lad now?

If the players are available there may be more than Haven looking at them as they are 2 quality players. I'd be happy if we could afford either.

#132 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

No doubt . I was just going on what donald said , obviously some thought gone into these matters down there !! What was it last week from one of them , Carcassone's ' star ' players set for Haven .
Then again , pinch of salt comes to mind !

Edited by DavidM, 07 April 2013 - 09:08 PM.

#133 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 912 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

I think there going Carlisle race day is going to pay for it, more people expected then yesterday's national

#134 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

Team wise Stack and Olstrum were outstanding today but everyone contributed we seemed more adventurous with the ball

On the incident with Cotter and Anderson first of all I think that a punch being thrown becoming an automatic red card is a sad day for rugby league, Anderson had lost his head and let himself down in a moment of madness but the guy has had a long illustrious professional career so to then have some label the guy on here as #### is ridiculously harsh - The phillpots are #### not a rugby player who has got into a fight!!!! The guy was very apologetic to all after the game and was disappointed in himself

And we could really do with a player like Russ Aitken in our squad

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#135 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,009 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

In 2009 when Aitken signed for Gateshead from AS Carcassonne he required a visa from the UKBA which would suggest that he doesn't have qualifying British ancestry!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#136 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

fester, are you a Haven fan? There's only you mentioned anything at all about Cotter spitting as no-one else who was there saw anything of the sort but now it's on the Haven forum as "gospel" that Cotter spat at Anderson.

I've noticed one or two of your posts are always trying to stir things like you heard there was trouble in the camp a couple of weeks ago!!!! If you are a Town fan you need to be more careful what you post as it goes on to the Haven forum as if it were the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Hahaha im no jam fan just a crack so I put it on here to see what the truth was thats all

#137 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,009 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:34 PM

Hahaha im no jam fan just a crack so I put it on here to see what the truth was thats all

How is it only you hear this sort of crack?    There hasn't been one other person mentioned spitting by Cotter, only you.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#138 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 912 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

Anderson could apologise by signing for us on a cheap contract!! I like his hair doo

#139 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

Team wise Stack and Olstrum were outstanding today but everyone contributed we seemed more adventurous with the ball

On the incident with Cotter and Anderson first of all I think that a punch being thrown becoming an automatic red card is a sad day for rugby league, Anderson had lost his head and let himself down in a moment of madness but the guy has had a long illustrious professional career so to then have some label the guy on here as #### is ridiculously harsh - The phillpots are #### not a rugby player who has got into a fight!!!! The guy was very apologetic to all after the game and was disappointed in himself

And we could really do with a player like Russ Aitken in our squad

Pity he couldnt apologise to the many very young fans who witnessed the incident gilly, like my son who was very upset by the thuggery he had to witness at a rugby match, I know its a hard game and the odd fight can erupt but that went to far, to launch into an attack like that was a litte to much, and from a so called star of our great game, sorry I think I will stand by my first comment marra :angry:

#140 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:58 PM

Well said gillmeister . The red mist descended but moment of madness is true and he'll pay the price . Unsavoury and unsightly and he may have quite a bit of time to reflect on that , but stills weighs minimally against a fine career . A bad moment shouldn't see him labelled in my opinion , he did the crime and he'll do the time . And the one thing his pen pic says on Wikipedia is he's a churchgoing Mormon !

Edited by DavidM, 07 April 2013 - 10:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users