Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Rugby League World - Feedback Thread

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,693 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - MAY 2013 - ISSUE 385
On sale and online from Friday 5th April

main_rlw_may2013.jpg

Our cover star this month is Wigan’s flame-haired second row tackling machine Liam Farrell who has enjoyed a sensational start to the new season, grabbing the chance to secure his spot in the first team following the shock departure of Gareth Hock. Despite blazing the early trail in Super League XVIII, Liam remains endearingly modest about his achievements.
Jamie Jones-Buchanan discovered a reformed character in Ben Cockayne during the recent England training camp at RAF Cranwell. Ben talks about his troubled past, the debt he owes to the fans that stuck by him through thick and thin and his aim to move on from his bad lad reputation and focus on the positive things his talent can bring him.
Keith Mason who has now chalked up 250 appearances chats to Dave Hadfield about the highs and lows of his career to date.
We also catch up with Stuart Fielden, back from injury at last and now under the tutelage of former Bulls team mate Paul Anderson at Huddersfield Giants.
Robbie Hunter-Paul tackles the thorny subject of performance enhancing drugs in sport in the light of the scandal currently rocking Rugby League in Australia, and the particular pressure players are put under to deliver the goods on the pitch each week by those of us who watch from the stands.
Our Championship coverage includes a quickfire round with Featherstone’s Liam Finn and a profile on London Skolars who are celebrating reaching the final of the Northern Rail Bowl. We pay a visit to newcomers University of Gloucestershire All Golds and look at Sheffield Eagles’ imminent departure from Don Valley Stadium. We also assess the impact the bonus point has had on the Championship competitions and whether it ought to be used in Super League too.
On the international scene we talk to Australia coach Tim Sheens and focus on Papua New Guinea and Ireland in our World Cup Countdown, plus we have our regular dispatches from France, New Zealand and Wales.
Hull Dockers, Coventry Bears, Nottingham Outlaws and the Women’s Combined Services team complete our grassroots coverage.
There are books and performance products to be won in an issue that’s bursting at the seams.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,693 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

The online edition is now available for download!
http://www.pocketmag...by League World

Subscriber copies should also now be arriving on doorsteps.

In shops tomorrow.

John Drake
TotalRL.com

#3 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,693 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

In shops today!

John Drake
TotalRL.com

#4 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,693 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

Ok then, anyone bought a copy? Fingers crossed you did!

Tell us what you think about it here.

John Drake
TotalRL.com

#5 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,515 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

Just arrived, good time it's made to the islands this month.

A Fev Blog

#6 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,988 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

I'm pretty sure mine arrived last Thursday. It makes a change after years of waiting two or three weeks for it when I lived in Crete. :)

I know you want some feedback, but I'm not sure what to say. I think you are trying to cover all the bases and, more or less, managing to do so. There is quite a bit of World Cup build up, some amateur coverage, some history, some women's rugby, some 'gossip' (Steve Mascord and Dave Hadfield); it's hard to think of anything missing. However, I find I'm not reading it as avidly as I used to. This might be because I now go to games for my 'fix', rather than sit 2000 miles away, waiting for RLW to make its way across Europe.

If I think of anything, I'll let you know.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#7 Dennis Bloodnock

Dennis Bloodnock
  • Coach
  • 488 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:30 AM

I am now able to get your magazine off the shelf in the newsagent at the Robina shopping centre here on the Gold Coast.which is nice

I can speak Esperanto like a native.

#8 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,770 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:29 AM

Got my copy on Tuesday, but haven't read all of it yet; just dipped in here and there. Robbie H-P's new format suits him much better, and the Farrell & PNG articles were good. I'll go through the rest on the weekend.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#9 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:58 AM

Read it on my iPad in Gran Canaria and, on balance, I'd say it's the best issue I can actually remember; it also looks far more professional than in the past.

Only slight piece of constructive criticism concerns the JJB column. He gets some candid responses from his subjects but the tone is still too clumsy/idiosyncratic and often the article is too much about him. The stuff about about Herbalife and the box piece about the 'literacy world' (sic) made me cringe a bit.

The main content of the interview was fascinating but he needs subbing a little more brutally.

#10 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:01 AM

Only a minor point, and I have mentioned on here before, but is it neccessary to have the last couple of lines of text at the bottom of the grass roots pages printed over the top of the image of grass? It doesn't make what is a very interesting article easy to read.

#11 RugbyLeagueGeek

RugbyLeagueGeek
  • Coach
  • 632 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

Anything about Nazis in this month's mag? :ph34r:

#12 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,837 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

if they sold it at morrisons i would buy one :(

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#13 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,693 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:54 AM

Anything about Nazis in this month's mag? :ph34r:

Yes! An advert for The Forbidden Game by Mike Rylance on page 57. :D

John Drake
TotalRL.com

#14 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,693 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:00 PM

I know it can be frustrating when the mag isn't available locally everywhere, for us as well as our readers. Have you considered the online edition as an alternative? Same price, same content, available for multiple platforms, and no geographical barriers. :)

http://www.pocketmag...by League World

John Drake
TotalRL.com

#15 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

It's at my local Morrisons if you're willing to travel! :P

You didn't say which Morrisons you wanted it sold at... ;)

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#16 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,770 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

Ask your local newsagent to order it for you. That's what I did when I was working in central London and couldn't find it in any conveniently near enough shop.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#17 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,515 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

Is it just me or has Phil Caplan been writing some really vague pointless articles for a number of months now?

Sorry, otherwise, very good read so far this month. Plenty of meat to chew on.

A Fev Blog