Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Who's first in at Red Hall this week ?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

Grade C is 2-3

Oh is it. What a shame!

#22 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

I dislike Ryan Bailey intently. He is dirty and a coward and somehow protected from the disciplinary time after time. In this case, however, I think sending off was more than sufficient. It looked horrible in slow motion but not so bad in real time - I also don't think he was aiming at the head.

He got sent off because it was his second such offence of the match. The first one was worse, hence the Grade C charge for it.

#23 LeeF

LeeF
  • Coach
  • 820 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

I think his challenge in the first half was worse than the one he got sent off for!

It was

#24 LeeF

LeeF
  • Coach
  • 820 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

He got sent off because it was his second such offence of the match. The first one was worse, hence the Grade C charge for it.

No he got sent off because the match officials thought it was a red card offence
There was mention of it being his2nd offence

#25 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:30 PM

No he got sent off because the match officials thought it was a red card offence
There was mention of it being his2nd offence

That's your theory. Mine is that he was sent off for a lesser offence because of the first offence. Of course he should have been sent off for the first offence but hopefully by not being sent off for the first offence he will get a longer ban than he would have done had he not committed two sanctionable offences.

#26 Loiner

Loiner
  • Coach
  • 331 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

Ryan Bailey is up for two charges: a Grade C and a Grade B reckless striking (whatever that means!). We also have Eorl Crabtree with a Grade B dangerous throw, Travis Burns with a Grade B high tackle (although he is injured so does he get away with that or serve it once he is fit again?) and Justin Carney with a Grade C dangerous throw on Paul Wellens. That appears to be it for Superleague.

(Information obtained via the official superleague Twitter account)

So whitehead gets away with spear tackle ???

#27 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:48 PM

So whitehead gets away with spear tackle ???

No he didn't.
People called Romans they go the house

#28 Loiner

Loiner
  • Coach
  • 331 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:56 PM

No he didn't.

How many games did he get? If the answer is none then he got away with it IMO.

#29 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:03 PM

It wasn't a spear tackle, so he didn't get away with a spear tackle. He got a formal caution for a dangerous throw.

#30 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:40 AM

It wasn't a spear tackle, so he didn't get away with a spear tackle. He got a formal caution for a dangerous throw.

Id agree with that, if you want to see a spear tackle then watch the Krisnan Inu tackle on Greg Inglis from last weekends Souths v Canterbury game!! Awful tackle, taken the EGP and sits out the next 5 weeks.

#31 Exiled Rhino

Exiled Rhino
  • Coach
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:18 AM

I dislike Ryan Bailey intently.

I can picture you now: brow sligtly forrowed, staring into the middle-distance, your mind fixed on nothing but Ryan Bailey and his mocking grin.

#32 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,456 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:08 AM

I can picture you now: brow sligtly forrowed, staring into the middle-distance, your mind fixed on nothing but Ryan Bailey and his mocking grin.

:lol: ;)

#33 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

A penalty was given against him, which was perfectly sufficient.

It more a look of general revulsion - imagine one of cleaning light brown dog muck out of your trainers with a matchstick and you won't be far away.
People called Romans they go the house

#34 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,440 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

Bailey put in an EGP to the grade C offence,2 game ban.
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#35 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

Bailey put in an EGP to the grade C offence,2 game ban.

Was that the first tackle if so I think he'll get sending of sufficiant for the second one.

#36 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,440 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:25 PM

Was that the first tackle if so I think he'll get sending of sufficiant for the second one.

That was the first tackle.

#37 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

Good comments here,but I'm sure over the years all of us here have had a player playing for us and cheered and applauded and gave hero status to ,but booed and called dirty thug when he played for his previous club.As a kid we had Jack Fairbanks at Leeds we used to boo him when he was at Huddersfield
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#38 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

I doubt it. He has to face the disciplinary for the other one, which is a Grade B. I don't think they would charge him with a Grade B if the outcome was likely to be sending off sufficient, especially since it followed after a Grade C offence.

#39 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,440 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

I doubt it. He has to face the disciplinary for the other one, which is a Grade B. I don't think they would charge him with a Grade B if the outcome was likely to be sending off sufficient, especially since it followed after a Grade C offence.

You forget one thing.
Leeds run the RFL. ;)
I reckon he'll get a total of 5 games.

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 03 April 2013 - 02:16 PM.

#40 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

4, the powers that be won't have him miss the derby re-match.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.