Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Agecroft

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 Shizonamy

Shizonamy
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

http://www.swintonli...oft-update.html

I think it's about time we were given an update, we all just want to know where we are up to with the planning submission.
We need some positive news with all the DR gossip taking centre stage.
"A lion sleeps in the heart of every brave man." Turkish Proverb

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:04 PM

Yes, we really do need, and deserve, some kind of reassurance as to exactly where WE all stand on this, undoubtedly the most crucial post Station Road event.
Just one or two short sentences is all WE ask to allay any anxieties we have about the Lions' future.

So, Swinton RLFC, how about it then?

#3 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 440 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

I think you'll be waiting a long time for an announcement with any meaningfull substance to it, how many times have we had announcements but nothing ever comes of them.

Edited by juliancaine, 02 April 2013 - 08:28 PM.

#4 waynerutene1981

waynerutene1981
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:16 PM

Always believed this would happen but now im proper starting to get p####d off with it.must be 5 or 6 years since that first meeting at the masonic hall.heres one you wont get back if you dont deliver.shambles at best.

#5 OneKing

OneKing
  • Players
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:44 AM

The building of Belle View Aces new "sports village" is practically done and dusted, can't see the council building another stadium in these hard times. :D

#6 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:52 AM

"The council " to which you refer is Manchester council.
Quite why they would build one in Swinton is as you quite rightly say difficult to see.....but hey you never know Salford council may assist.

#7 Jonty

Jonty
  • Coach
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

Always believed this would happen but now im proper starting to get p####d off with it.must be 5 or 6 years since that first meeting at the masonic hall.heres one you wont get back if you dont deliver.shambles at best.

There's this from the MEN in February 2007, but the original announcement was in August 2006...

http://www.mancheste...new-den-1038694

Edited by Jonty, 12 April 2013 - 03:49 PM.

disques vogue

The club where Eurovision isn't a dirty word. A waltz through the leopard skin lined world of Tom Jones, Bert Kampfert and Burt Bacharach. Step out to the sound of the happy hammond and swing to the seductive sounds of the samba.

DJ's, raffles, cocktails and wide collars. Please dress smart. Gentlemen might like to wear a suit.

Same price. Same music. Same rubbish prizes.

#8 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

There's this from the MEN in February 2007, but the original announcement was in August 2006...

http://www.mancheste...new-den-1038694

There was a front page spread with the headline "Lions Kick Start Salford (sic) Return" in the Advertiser - August 10th 2006.

Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#9 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

I have said before and I will say it again, Agecroft will never happen, for two reasons, i) Salford council don't want us there, & ii) The board haven't got the nouse, or bottle to build it, & doesn't have the financial clout, or sponsorship means to raise the capital, they know it and don't give a s41t.

Agecroft will never happen while we have a bunch of wasters in charge. Forget it!

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#10 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

I have said before and I will say it again, Agecroft will never happen, for two reasons, i) Salford council don't want us there, & ii) The board haven't got the nouse, or bottle to build it, & doesn't have the financial clout, or sponsorship means to raise the capital, they know it and don't give a s41t.

Agecroft will never happen while we have a bunch of wasters in charge. Forget it!

maybe you should put the money up
sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#11 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:42 PM

Maybe as a bunch of supporters we should, instead of waiting for the Kidder to get moving with it
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#12 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:15 AM

If we all contribute to the Trust then we have made a start on that front. That option has been open for years. The time it takes to rant on here is more than the time it takes to email the Trust and set up a direct debit.

#13 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:37 AM

Yes it will only cost you 24 quid to join the Trust with a 2 pounds per month direct debit.

info is in home programmes

Riggy

#14 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 440 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

The building of Belle View Aces new "sports village" is practically done and dusted, can't see the council building another stadium in these hard times. :D

we might as well go and play at that new stadium its 3 miles closer than the leigh sports village, as for a new ground of our own in swinton m27 we have got 2 hopes, bob hope and NO HOPE, time and time again anouncements about a new ground come and go and nothing ever happens and in my opinion never will.

#15 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

we might as well go and play at that new stadium its 3 miles closer than the leigh sports village, as for a new ground of our own in swinton m27 we have got 2 hopes, bob hope and NO HOPE, time and time again anouncements about a new ground come and go and nothing ever happens and in my opinion never will.

But its proposed building will be involving Manchester council.

What about my suggestion above Julian? Fancy it?

Edited by mark richardson, 13 April 2013 - 05:48 PM.

#16 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 440 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

But its proposed building will be involving Manchester council.

What about my suggestion above Julian? Fancy it?

If you mean contributing to the trust, I personally wouldnt do it as I couldnt be certain the money raised would go on a new stadium, maybe playing at the new belle vue stadium is an option to think about as it  has planning permission about to be rubber stamped and funding unlike agecroft and its numerous anouncements.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...eedway/22091429

Edited by juliancaine, 13 April 2013 - 06:59 PM.

#17 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

If you mean contributing to the trust, I personally wouldnt do it as I couldnt be certain the money raised would go on a new stadium, maybe playing at the new belle vue stadium is an option to think about as it already has planning permission and funding unlike agecroft and its numerous anouncements.

You are perhaps overlooking the plan of Chris Irwin et al to establish a new semi-pro RL side to play in Championship One at the Belle Vue Stadium from 2015 onwards, under the name of Manchester Rangers.

So its not "Situation Vacant".

Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#18 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

If you mean contributing to the trust, I personally wouldnt do it as I couldnt be certain the money raised would go on a new stadium, maybe playing at the new belle vue stadium is an option to think about as it has planning permission about to be rubber stamped and funding unlike agecroft and its numerous anouncements.

Contributing to the Trust can ONLY help the club in a way democratically agreed by the trust members
Sounds a perfect investment to me for people like yourself who feel disenfranchised

#19 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:51 AM

Julian, first off, Manchester council are rightly so looking after the Aces, I call them that because each Monday and incidentally Saturday's prior to the closure of Hyde rd I have watched the Belle Vue Aces, you know funded them in a kind of way.
Very much unlike you with the dribble you come with regarding Swinton. Your not on your own as others spring to mind.
Yet the common denominator is that yet I have not seen one voice on here offer to buy the club from the Kidd family......much easier to hide and slag them off.
Julian put your money up or shut up,your an embarrassment,along with others.

Edited by marshy1, 14 April 2013 - 02:53 AM.

#20 pricey53

pricey53
  • Players
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:15 AM

Marshy and m. Richardson your living in dreamland . You both cant stand hearing constructive criticism from the likes of philh ,Julian, and others. Get real , agecroft will never happen.all it takes from the swinton lions board is monthly update on agecroft but we get nothing because, there is nothing,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users