Club news release

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

Castleford Tigers are investigating an incident that occurred in front of the Wheldon Road End during Friday’s match versus Wakefield. Anyone found guilty of throwing missiles will face a ban from the Club.

Interim CEO, Steve Gill said: “We are taking a zero tolerance approach to this kind of behaviour and obtaining evidence through CCTV footage and the assistance of stewards to identify the people involved and pass on to the authorities.

“The club has a family reputation that it has held for many years and recognise that the vast majority of loyal fans are let down by the very small minority who act in a disrespectful manner on rare occasions. These individuals cannot be allowed to drag the club through the gutter; as such bans will be enforced where appropriate.

“I would like to thank the considerable number of supporters who have already provided information regarding the incident. Their invaluable help in notifying staff of such instances is much appreciated and highlights the fans feeling towards this matter. ”

The Tigers continue to urge fans to be alert to others who act without respect on match days and encourage them to make staff aware immediately of any incident of anti-social behaviour or text the Ground Safety Team on 07940996983.

As well as enforcing stadium bans on anybody found guilty of throwing missiles, the Club would also like to emphasise that it will work with the police where necessary to prosecute offenders and details will be passed to all other professional rugby league clubs.
ENDS

Brett Cullen
Media Relations Officer

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#2 Bomb Jack

Bomb Jack
  • Coach
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

We've had idiots recently at Widnes throwing the plastic beer bottles.
There's no need for it. If you can't act like a grown up, stay away.

Edited by Bomb Jack, 02 April 2013 - 08:29 PM.

Widnes - Super League's newest Club, and Cheshire's Original Glamour Club. Watch out Warrington, we're back !

#3 SamG

SamG
  • Coach
  • 296 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

We all have to cope with idiots at every club from time to time. All we can do is make sure as a rugby family we don't accept this, do all we can to get rid of them, and stick together when it happens and not tar each others clubs with the stigma of a few incidents. As a Fev fan we have had issues in the last few years, the club and fans want rid of these louts and are doing well. Well done Cas on a strong message. Back it up and no one will be in any doubt we will overcome these planks.

#4 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,162 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

A bottle of coke was thrown from a Bulls fan after the levelling score at Headingley by all accounts. While I'm in no way condoning what happened at Castleford, and a subsequent mess a twitter doofus got himself into, I thought it was pretty daft of Mathers to "do a Mathers" in-front of the Wheldon Road end after scoring.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

one of my "wives" was hit in the face with a plastic cup of urine at a rather rowdy gig other week, she didnt bat an eyelid, cmon rugby players "rock up"

Edited by bedlam breakout, 03 April 2013 - 07:48 PM.

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#6 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,845 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:03 PM

one of my "wives" was hit in the face with a plastic cup of urine at a rather rowdy gig other week, she didnt bat an eyelid, cmon rugby players "rock up"

Aren't you being sentenced tomorrow, Mick? Wouldn't have thought you'd be on here.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#7 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:22 PM

It's Millward that needs the ban away from Cas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users