Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Kevin Sinfield 71 kicks from 72 !

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Rex Turp

Rex Turp
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:03 PM

This is a remarkable run from Kevin. After narrowly missing the record he's heading towards it again. Hopefully he can go 1 kick further this time.

#2 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,647 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:53 PM

Yes, I'm surprised the Sky presenters haven't mentioned it or, indeed, what a fine captain he is.

Seriously though, it's an astonishing record and I hope he sets a new one.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#3 clement

clement
  • Coach
  • 567 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:56 AM

Kicks are bonus points in Rugby League and long may it be so.God forbid if it becomes like Union.

#4 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:48 AM

Regardless, it's still an amazing feat. He never looks like missing these days. A lot of these have been from out wide too.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#5 frank

frank
  • Coach
  • 755 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:51 AM

Certainly is an amazing feat.Barry Heaton still holds the record then.

#6 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:44 AM

Liam Finn broke the world record last year which ended in a international game. Sinfield s record I understand doesn't include internationals for some reason, but it's still an amazing achievement.
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#7 clement

clement
  • Coach
  • 567 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:13 AM

Theres not a great deal of pressure on 95% of them though when your usually 30 points up after twenty minutes in Super League.

#8 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,664 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

Yes, I'm surprised the Sky presenters haven't mentioned it or, indeed, what a fine captain he is.

Problem is Leeds are hardly ever on Sky so they don't get chance.

I agree though, can't remember the last time I thought Sinfield might miss one. He seems to be getting better as he gets older, not worse. The guy is true class.
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#9 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,613 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:37 AM

Theres not a great deal of pressure on 95% of them though when your usually 30 points up after twenty minutes in Super League.

Made up fact!

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#10 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,548 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:47 AM

Problem is Leeds are hardly ever on Sky so they don't get chance.

I agree though, can't remember the last time I thought Sinfield might miss one. He seems to be getting better as he gets older, not worse. The guy is true class.

Only time I thought he might miss was when it was for the record!
Posted Image

#11 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,616 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:51 AM

Superb achievement and one that deserves maximum publicity. its things like this that we need to see recorded more often whether in SL or Championship. Had this been in another sport snot unlike ours it would have had a full page in The Times

#12 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,343 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:02 AM

Is there really no way we can twiddle things around so Sir Kevin gets the record off Liam Finn?? 71 out of 72 excluding a few he missed at the back end of last year is so much amazing than 41 straight kicks.

Ho hum.

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#13 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,852 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:17 AM

Is there really no way we can twiddle things around so Sir Kevin gets the record off Liam Finn?? 71 out of 72 excluding a few he missed at the back end of last year is so much amazing than 41 straight kicks.

Ho hum.

What we need to do is what UEFA did when it looked like a window cleaner from Porthmadog might end the season with the Golden Boot for being the continent's top goal-scorer in a season and make goals in lesser leagues worth half of those in proper leagues.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#14 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:08 AM

Actually, I have just worked it out and the stat is wrong. I think it might have been me that said it was 71 out of 72 in the Catalan match thread on Monday but I'm not sure where I got it from. The actual stat is 58 from his last 59. It's still not bad though.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#15 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:25 AM

What we need to do is what UEFA did when it looked like a window cleaner from Porthmadog might end the season with the Golden Boot for being the continent's top goal-scorer in a season and make goals in lesser leagues worth half of those in proper leagues.

Just to be, er, safe, best make Championship goals worth a quarter of Super League ones. Keep the importance in proportion and all that.
People called Romans they go the house

#16 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

Just to be, er, safe, best make Championship goals worth a quarter of Super League ones. Keep the importance in proportion and all that.

You'll get your windows put in with posts like that!
Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

#17 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

You'll get your windows put in with posts like that!

I live too far from the M62 for that to happen.
People called Romans they go the house

#18 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,343 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

Damn that Platini and his cunning French ways.

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users