Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The best thing about Super League is ?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

The fact that almost every game has something special about it, and that more and more of our clubs are becoming British, rather than full of second rate Aussies.

#22 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

The fact that almost every game has something special about it, and that more and more of our clubs are becoming British, rather than full of second rate Aussies.

thought they were 4th rate aussies!!!!!
the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#23 clement

clement
  • Coach
  • 567 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:19 AM

The results a certainty after 10 minutes so you can switch over and watch something else.

#24 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,613 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:38 AM

The results a certainty after 10 minutes so you can switch over and watch something else.

Grateful if you could confirm which game(s) over Easter this applied to.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#25 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

Silly question for the Monday games

But that's very much been tongue in cheek so far this season hasn't it. So many draws, so many tight games and nothing is genuinely predictable any more

#26 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,613 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

Silly question for the Monday games

How so? The only televised game was Dragons-Leeds, not sure how he could turn over from the others.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#27 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

Fair point, I stand corrected

From the start I thought Leeds would win, but the Dragons have a history of Lazurus like comebacks, so it wasn't over till well into the second half

#28 WolvesFanInTheUSA

WolvesFanInTheUSA
  • Players
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:49 PM

Each half is 40 minutes instead of 7. 

The players have to be in super shape to play for that long, run the ball with plenty of dummy runners, and not get a "scrum breather".  Sorry, watching Union & IRB scrums gets a bit boring after the second one.  The only excection is IRB Sevens, where they have a RL style scrum.  However, I can get 80 minutes worth of brilliant play versus 14.  More bang for the buck, as us yanks say...

#29 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,680 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:35 AM

I love the fact that we have fans that hate the game.

#30 clement

clement
  • Coach
  • 567 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

I don't hate the game,i just think SL is not the be all and end all.The Championship is more entertaining,live and on Premier Sports.

#31 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,613 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:08 AM

I don't hate the game,i just think SL is not the be all and end all.The Championship is more entertaining,live and on Premier Sports.

I was thinking of you as I watched NQ Cowboys go into a 22-0 lead in less than twenty minutes against the Panthers. Final score 30-0.

Of course such scorelines only occur in Super Duper League.

#32 clement

clement
  • Coach
  • 567 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

You forgot to mention the Parramatta game immediately before.

#33 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,613 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:23 AM

You forgot to mention the Parramatta game immediately before.

It was an easy one to forget. I watched the second half and not at any stage did either side look like scoring. Awful.

#34 clement

clement
  • Coach
  • 567 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

No problem,you like try fests i like to see good defence and try's having to be worked for.

#35 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,613 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:21 PM

No problem,you like try fests i like to see good defence and try's having to be worked for.

You've taken that nicely to extremities.

I was actually thinking about this afternoon. As ever, the best RL games are those in which there's a good match up between the teams and a good match up between attack and defence (i.e. both teams are capable of scoring but they have to work damned hard to do so). The match this morning was a stalemate where defences were well on top.

Of course, if you'd come back to gloat about the Cas-Hudds match I'd have had no argument. Not good.

#36 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

Why do people insist on turning everything into some sort of willy waggling contest as to which competition is better? Whether it's SL, NRL, Championship or North West Counties, it's all Rugby League and I'll happilly watch all of it. OK, each competition has its pros and cons, but seriously, the way some RL fans carry on you'd think they were all completely different sports. Even people on TV do it, referring to SL as 'our game' with the inference that anything else isn't. It's all 'our game' regardless of the location or level. The parochialism in RL at times is incredible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users