TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Yorkshire Mens League

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 The knowledge

The knowledge
  • Coach
  • 200 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:56 AM

What happened to the line up for the YML premier division which now only has 9 teams and it kicks off this weekend?

Fixtures shown on site now show 2 teams East Leeds & Hillsborough are no longer in the premier and one new side Stanningley are. Site is a little unclear but East Leeds A appear to have dropped down a level to division 1, can anyone give an update?

Edited by The knowledge, 03 April 2013 - 05:56 AM.

#2 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

For all their shouting against dual reg Sheffeild Eagles are actually doing the same with Hillsborough and before anyone says it's not Hillsborough it's Sheffield Hallam, check whats inside the packaging with a few added toys from elsewhere.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#3 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

What happened to the line up for the YML premier division which now only has 9 teams and it kicks off this weekend?

Fixtures shown on site now show 2 teams East Leeds & Hillsborough are no longer in the premier and one new side Stanningley are. Site is a little unclear but East Leeds A appear to have dropped down a level to division 1, can anyone give an update?

You are correct East Leeds have dropped down to Division 1 due to their under 18s still been involved in their own league East Leeds intended to use a lot of their under 18s in the YML but with the premier division starting this weekend they decided it would be better to move to division one instead. Hillsborough claimed that they would not be strong enough for the premier due to them not having the calibre of players they were expecting. Stanningley have stepped up to the premier. so a 9 team division with 16 fixtures.

#4 The knowledge

The knowledge
  • Coach
  • 200 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

Cheers Old Papa very informative. Best of luck to all sides in YML looking forward to strong performances and a competitive season.

#5 herman

herman
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:05 PM

For all their shouting against dual reg Sheffeild Eagles are actually doing the same with Hillsborough and before anyone says it's not Hillsborough it's Sheffield Hallam, check whats inside the packaging with a few added toys from elsewhere.

got any proof on this, or are you once again talking through your backside?

your wrong, by the way, but let's see what you've got.

#6 ItstheRLthatcounts

ItstheRLthatcounts
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:16 PM

Where did you get this from?

#7 The knowledge

The knowledge
  • Coach
  • 200 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

Bramley 22 v Stanningley 22. Honours even and good value for £3 well done to all players in a keenly fought very local derby.

#8 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

Where did you get this from?

Guys who play for them.

http://www.sheffield...=699&Itemid=560

Edited by Marauder, 07 April 2013 - 07:12 PM.

#9 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

Check out their previous clubs, seems to be a lot with Sheffield Eagles and Hillsborough connections and this is not counting eagles 1st team players who will find themselves playing after injury, I know of a few more with Eagles connections last season who also may end up there as well ;)  (Keep your glass to the wall)

http://www.sheffield...=699&Itemid=560

#10 ItstheRLthatcounts

ItstheRLthatcounts
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

Define duel reg please? I thought it meant the professional clubs like Leeds, send players to the lower league clubs to get match fitness etc.

The Sheffield Eagles pick players up from Hillsborough Hawks, them don't send players back.

The Hallam Eagles have nothing to do with Hillsborough Hawks, it's actually taken players from them, the players that should actually playing at a local amatuer club now don't, but instead play for a club that's been set up, this is the reason why hillsborough hawks have had to pull of of the Yorkshire Premier league.

I don't really understand your comment fella or get the relevance to the conversation.

#11 The knowledge

The knowledge
  • Coach
  • 200 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

Chris Cullimore certainly gets around I'm sure he was playing for Elland in the NCL this year and unless I'm mistaken is/was the Giants as Under 15 coach and at Leeds Met.

#12 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

Define duel reg please? I thought it meant the professional clubs like Leeds, send players to the lower league clubs to get match fitness etc.

The Sheffield Eagles pick players up from Hillsborough Hawks, them don't send players back.

The Hallam Eagles have nothing to do with Hillsborough Hawks, it's actually taken players from them, the players that should actually playing at a local amatuer club now don't, but instead play for a club that's been set up, this is the reason why hillsborough hawks have had to pull of of the Yorkshire Premier league.

I don't really understand your comment fella or get the relevance to the conversation.

Have Sheffield Eagles actually killed off an established amateur club so they will have somewhere to play their players who don't make the 17 on match days.

#13 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

Not bad for your first post or do you run with more than one name :ph34r:

#14 ItstheRLthatcounts

ItstheRLthatcounts
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

No they haven't killed off an amateur club, but what they should have done in my opinion is send the players to Hillsborough Hawks, and not set up a rival team/club to play the same season in a different league, that automatically would attract some players. Hillsborough have lost players for this. That's all I'm saying.

You seem to think the Hallam eagles are Hillsborough Hawks and there not.

But I'm still confused about your original post about the duel reg fella.

Edited by ItstheRLthatcounts, 07 April 2013 - 08:40 PM.

#15 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

No they haven't killed off an amateur club, but what they should have done in my opinion is send the players to Hillsborough Hawks, and not set up a rival team/club to play the same season in a different league, that automatically would attract some players. Hillsborough have lost players for this. That's all I'm saying.

Well I can see a Comparison with a Super League clubs sending their overspill players to championship clubs and the Eagles sending their overspill to a amateur side, in fact you have said they have set one up in direct competition with an established club and taken some of their players which has forced them to fold at open age, this in my eyes is a bigger crime than what the super league clubs are doing.

Edited by Marauder, 07 April 2013 - 09:15 PM.

#16 ItstheRLthatcounts

ItstheRLthatcounts
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:31 PM

The Hillsborough Hawks haven't folded at open age level, I'm led to believe they have stepped down a league as the players or quality of players that should of been there are just are not there.

My point is this, The Sheffield Eagles have made it no secret they don't agree with the duel reg, but they are sending their fringe players down to a conference side (The Hallam Eagles) isn't this the same thing? And why in earth would you start a new team up when an established open age team are struggling for players, are already in operation 10 minutes away.

#17 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:51 PM

The Hillsborough Hawks haven't folded at open age level, I'm led to believe they have stepped down a league as the players or quality of players that should of been there are just are not there.

My point is this, The Sheffield Eagles have made it no secret they don't agree with the duel reg, but they are sending their fringe players down to a conference side (The Hallam Eagles) isn't this the same thing? And why in earth would you start a new team up when an established open age team are struggling for players, are already in operation 10 minutes away.

I think we are both in agreement on this young'un and from experience the guys who have gone to Hallam will have been told they are playing at a better standard and one day they will get a contract, when in fact all they are is cannon fodder and being used to make the numbers up, wait till the Eagles start to fill the spaces with their overspill players.

#18 herman

herman
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

Not bad for your first post or do you run with more than one name :ph34r:

thanks.
no.
any evidence that there is an agreement for the hallam eagles to send players to the hawks?

the only dual reg likely to go on is between big and little eagles. as has already been pointed out, hawks have lost players that have opted to go to this setup - including the youth players snapped up on contracts that prevent them playing for both eagles and hawks. hence the decision to drop from the premier. no conspiracy.

perhaps you should really check your facts before slinging mud and attempting to damage other clubs reputations? but then again, it's not your style is it?

#19 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:03 PM

thanks.
no.
any evidence that there is an agreement for the hallam eagles to send players to the hawks?

the only dual reg likely to go on is between big and little eagles. as has already been pointed out, hawks have lost players that have opted to go to this setup - including the youth players snapped up on contracts that prevent them playing for both eagles and hawks. hence the decision to drop from the premier. no conspiracy.

perhaps you should really check your facts before slinging mud and attempting to damage other clubs reputations? but then again, it's not your style is it?

Second post and you know my style, ha ha,

#20 herman

herman
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

Second post and you know my style, ha ha,

third time of asking - where's the evidence that hawks have agreed a dual reg deal with the sheffield eagles?

assuming you have none, it would be reasonable to assume you'll be admitting you were indeed wrong, and jumped to incorrect conclusions.

and stop ducking the question. you opened the door, so put up or shut up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users