Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Yorkshire Mens League

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

third time of asking - where's the evidence that hawks have agreed a dual reg deal with the sheffield eagles?

assuming you have none, it would be reasonable to assume you'll be admitting you were indeed wrong, and jumped to incorrect conclusions.

and stop ducking the question. you opened the door, so put up or shut up.

I don't know if you think your in the play ground or talking to a naughty kid with your third time of asking and put up or shut up, I'm still trying to work that out.

I did add a link of the Hallam squad which actually tells where these players have come from, I do actually know and talk to a few of the players who have told me what they have been told and the proof of the overspill players from the Eagles playing in a amateur league will be there for everyone to see as the season goes on.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#22 herman

herman
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:07 AM

I don't know if you think your in the play ground or talking to a naughty kid with your third time of asking and put up or shut up, I'm still trying to work that out.

I did add a link of the Hallam squad which actually tells where these players have come from, I do actually know and talk to a few of the players who have told me what they have been told and the proof of the overspill players from the Eagles playing in a amateur league will be there for everyone to see as the season goes on.

you've got nothing.

of that listed squad two played for hawks last summer. one played two years ago. the rest were snapped up but eagles at youth level. so which ones have you talked to?

you haven't the first idea about this but felt you should come on here and inform everyone about these 'facts'. pathetic.

#23 ItstheRLthatcounts

ItstheRLthatcounts
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:32 AM

The Eagles will send down first team players to play in the amatuer league - which is a total back step to what they have been saying in the press etches about the duel reg. it seems to suit when it wants. Don't ya think?

As far as I can see the Hallam Eagles is basically the Eagles under 23 squad from last year, with some Uni lads and other players thrown in to make numbers up. A lot of head learnt their trade at hillsborough hawks. Which is where they should be back playing if not playing in the academy or reserves ( in my opinion)

This new team has been detrimental on an established amatuer club and I don't see how the RFL have allowed it. Sheffield is a big City with very a little RL following. So why on earth would you want to statt a new team up, dangle a big carrot in front of players that will never ever make it, instead of telling them to go play at an established club, and if there good enough yoi will pick them up from their.!This also isn't fair on the players, again in my opinion.

The Hallam Eagles is at the long list of things that a lot of people involved with the Hawks are frustrated by. The Open age have only received an handful of players come through the ranks for the past 5 years, as anyone who can catch a ball or make a tackle get snapped up and placed on this scholarship scheme.

Im sure you can inderstand where the Hawks are coming from?

#24 henage

henage
  • Coach
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

Hawks still playing open age.

New team playing .

Have I missed something.

Lets start pulling the southern conference to bits as anything that's breaking away from the traditional areas of league needs nipping in the bud before it gets chance to grow.

#25 ItstheRLthatcounts

ItstheRLthatcounts
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:41 PM

New team playing .
Have I missed something.
Lets start pulling the southern conference to bits as anything that's breaking away from the traditional areas of league needs nipping in the bud before it gets chance to grow.

What are you talking about ???

#26 ItstheRLthatcounts

ItstheRLthatcounts
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

New team playing .
Have I missed something.
Lets start pulling the southern conference to bits as anything that's breaking away from the traditional areas of league needs nipping in the bud before it gets chance to grow.

What are you talking about ???

#27 LeeF

LeeF
  • Coach
  • 738 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

you've got nothing.

of that listed squad two played for hawks last summer. one played two years ago. the rest were snapped up but eagles at youth level. so which ones have you talked to?

you haven't the first idea about this but felt you should come on here and inform everyone about these 'facts'. pathetic.

It's quite easy to work out who Jim will have spoken to & I bet he is correct in what he says

#28 herman

herman
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

It's quite easy to work out who Jim will have spoken to & I bet he is correct in what he says

I'll bet he's not.

the eagles are not dual registering players with the hawks. the hallam eagles are not associated with hillsborough hawks. that's the facts I'm afraid.

#29 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:43 PM

I'll bet he's not.

the eagles are not dual registering players with the hawks. the hallam eagles are not associated with hillsborough hawks. that's the facts I'm afraid.

I don't think I once mentioned dual reg with Hillsborough Hawks, I did mention that the Eagles have ripped the guts out of them though. Best let you know before you go on, I also receive all the Eagles development emails ;)

#30 ItstheRLthatcounts

ItstheRLthatcounts
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:25 PM

For all their shouting against dual reg Sheffeild Eagles are actually doing the same with Hillsborough and before anyone says it's not Hillsborough it's Sheffield Hallam, check whats inside the packaging with a few added toys from elsewhere.

What does this exactly mean then pal?

#31 herman

herman
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:13 AM

I don't think I once mentioned dual reg with Hillsborough Hawks, I did mention that the Eagles have ripped the guts out of them though. Best let you know before you go on, I also receive all the Eagles development emails ;)

:lol:

slam it in reverse Marauder, hope no one notices..

What does this exactly mean then pal?

...oops, too late!!

and you might want to try reading the emails from the eagles properly ;)

Eagles havent ripped the guts out of the open age, the Hallam eagles has made it harder for hawks to recruit some players that might have come down, purely because they have the offering backed by a professional club. While i understand their theory that they have surplus players now that they are only running one development side, taking amateur level players that will never make the grade at pro level does seem a bit odd. they might pick up a couple of players that wouldnt ordinarily have been noticed i suppose.

ItstheRL touched on it earlier, its the sheer numbers of youth players lost to the eagles system year after year that has cost the hawks. Despite having a flourishing and competitive youth set up for the last 6 years or so, hardly anything has made its way to the open age. If you did that to the vast majority of teams in the YML, they would probably all have the same problem the Hawks currently have. its sad to see.

#32 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:42 PM

...oops, too late!!

Eagles havent ripped the guts out of the open age, the Hallam eagles has made it harder for hawks to recruit some players that might have come down, purely because they have the offering backed by a professional club. While i understand their theory that they have surplus players now that they are only running one development side, taking amateur level players that will never make the grade at pro level does seem a bit odd. they might pick up a couple of players that wouldnt ordinarily have been noticed i suppose.

ItstheRL touched on it earlier, its the sheer numbers of youth players lost to the eagles system year after year that has cost the hawks. Despite having a flourishing and competitive youth set up for the last 6 years or so, hardly anything has made its way to the open age. If you did that to the vast majority of teams in the YML, they would probably all have the same problem the Hawks currently have. its sad to see.

...oops, too late!!

Why do I have to slam it into reverse, You've answered yourself that the Eagles took the Hawks juniors (Which have been running for a lot longer than 6 years) to create a youth system, these are players being taken away from the Hawks.

For all the players they have taken how many have made the grade and how many have gone back to the amateur game and EVEN MORE WORRYING how many have been disillusioned with the game.

#33 herman

herman
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

Why do I have to slam it into reverse, You've answered yourself that the Eagles took the Hawks juniors (Which have been running for a lot longer than 6 years) to create a youth system, these are players being taken away from the Hawks.

For all the players they have taken how many have made the grade and how many have gone back to the amateur game and EVEN MORE WORRYING how many have been disillusioned with the game.

Marauder, on 08 Apr 2013 - 22:42, said:snapback.png

I don't think I once mentioned dual reg with Hillsborough Hawks

Marauder, on 03 Apr 2013 - 11:31, said:snapback.png

For all their shouting against dual reg Sheffeild Eagles are actually doing the same with Hillsborough and before anyone says it's not Hillsborough it's Sheffield Hallam, check whats inside the packaging with a few added toys from elsewhere.

Iv not got the stats, but if someone were to have a look at the amount of players signed up from Hillsborough in the last four years, compare it with where they are now, and how many are currently playing Eagles first or reserve level, it'd make interesting reading im sure.

Of the ones actually released by the eagles, that i know of only one is currently playing back at the hawks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users