Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

06/04/13 - Castleford Tigers v Huddersfield Giants - KO 3pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Castleford Tigers (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Voted Huddersfield Giants (10 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,426 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:21 AM

Discuss the game here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,995 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:06 AM

Referee: P Bentham
Touch Judge: A Martin
Touch Judge: M Craven
Reserve: T Crashley
Match Commissioner: T Randerson
Video Referee: I Smith
Time Keeper: R Tennant

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#3 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

Another easy win for the Giants.

I hope so
But Cas hasn't been a happy ground for us in recent years.

#4 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,578 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

Giants by 20
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#5 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,880 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

I daren't watch

lowest crowd at Cas for about 6 years
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#6 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,388 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

Huddersfield by 18+

#7 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

Hudds should win this but we've blown games at Wheldon Road we should have won recently.

Crabtree won't be playing after entering an early guilty plea to the charge of hazardous vomiting. * He deserves a week off. That will put the onus on the other props to lead from the front.

The game starts at 3.00 on Saturday and is on Sky, as are many RU games in the Amlin and Heineken Cups this weekend. The Cas/Hudds game overlaps with the Clermont Auvergne game vs Montpellier.

* Dangerous throw.

#8 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,880 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

Hudds should win this but we've blown games at Wheldon Road we should have won recently.

Crabtree won't be playing after entering an early guilty plea to the charge of hazardous vomiting. * He deserves a week off. That will put the onus on the other props to lead from the front.

The game starts at 3.00 on Saturday and is on Sky, as are many RU games in the Amlin and Heineken Cups this weekend. The Cas/Hudds game overlaps with the Clermont Auvergne game vs Montpellier.

* Dangerous throw.

and Grand National
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#9 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

So no one will notice if we make a hash if it lol

#10 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

and Grand National

Sponsored by Peter Boddy? ;)

#11 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,102 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

Chase v Brough,will either turn up?
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#12 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

Will chase try to cripple anyone?
Will the lights work at Cas?
Will the Cas crowd disgrace themselves?

Tune in to find out!

#13 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

Will chase try to cripple anyone?
Will the lights work at Cas?
Will the Cas crowd disgrace themselves?

Tune in to find out!

What is that phrase amongst some Cas fans.......?? :unsure:

Wake up and smell the coffee. ;)

#14 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,995 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

Huddersfield squad: Scott Grix, Luke George, Leroy Cudjoe, Joe Wardle, Jermaine McGillvary, Danny Brough, Luke Robinson, Shaun Lunt, Craig Kopczak, Brett Ferres, David Faiumu, Michael Lawrence, Larne Patrick, Aaron Murphy, Jamie Cording, Jacob Fairbank, Dale Ferguson, Matty Dawson, Stuart Fielden.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#15 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,995 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

Castleford squad: Richard Owen, Michael Shenton, Rangi Chase, Jamie Ellis, Jonathan Walker, Daryl Clark, Craig Huby, Lee Gilmour, Weller Hauraki, Adam Milner, Nathan Massey, Oliver Holmes, Jordan Thompson, Jordan Tansey, Dan Fleming, James Clare, Charlie Martin, Keith Mason, Ryan Boyle.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#16 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

Club Official Media Release

Castleford Tigers Head Coach, Ian Millward has made several changes to his 19-man squad that faces Huddersfield Giants at the Wish Communications Stadium on Saturday.

Ryan Boyle could be in line to make his second debut for the Tigers after he joined from Salford City Reds on an 18-month deal. He replaces Jake Emmitt who joined The Reds as part of the same deal. Lee Gilmour is included in the squad to face the side he joined the Tigers from, as are Richard Owen and Jamie Ellis who were missing from the initial 19-man squad for the visit to St Helens on Easter Monday.

Meanwhile, Justin Carney serves the first of his two-match suspension he was dealt for committing a Grade C, dangerous throw offence during the game against St Helens. Jake Webster is missing with a knee injury that will be scanned next week before a definitive timescale can be put on his return.
Steve Nash and Kirk Dixon are omitted due to a calf injury and virus respectively while Grant Millington remains out with an ankle injury picked up in the match against Wakefield.

Ian Millward has said that the spirit around the camp is positive going into the match against Huddersfield and that the Tigers are still waiting to see how long Webster will be out for.

"The spirit off the field is good, the interaction between the players and staff is good," he said. The Friday result knocked our confidence; the performance was flat and we got knocked around the middle of the park. There a couple of key areas that we need to improve from the two Easter games and we need to improve them against Huddersfield.

"Jake Webster injured his shoulder in the Hull KR game and complained about his knee being sore. But after a couple of days his shoulder was OK but we had to take him for a scan because his knee had swelled up. He may need some non-surgical rehabilitation or he may need surgery. We'll have to see [how long he'll be out for] because we've got to do another scan. There's a possibility that he could play for a month and see how it is but then he would have to have the operation six months down the track. So we're in the lap of the Gods with that one."

Castleford Tigers 19-man squad vs Huddersfield Giants: as listed in post above

Tickets available from Carleton lane shop until 12noon on Saturday
or online at www.castigers.com until 4:30pm Friday (collection only)
Alternatively, call 01977 555 336.
ENDS

Brett Cullen
Media Relations Officer

Edited by Honor James, 04 April 2013 - 03:00 PM.

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#17 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,947 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

* Dangerous throw.

I had no idea Clermont were at home on Saturday, and on TV. Wow! That's my afternoon sorted. With Sky plus I will be able to re watch it to my heart's content.

#18 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

It will be a forward pass 'a' thon.

#19 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

I had no idea Clermont were at home on Saturday, and on TV. Wow! That's my afternoon sorted. With Sky plus I will be able to re watch it to my heart's content.

Content your heart then.

#20 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,995 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:48 AM

Huddersfield, by 14.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users