Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

06/04/13 - Castleford Tigers v Huddersfield Giants - KO 3pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Castleford Tigers (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Voted Huddersfield Giants (10 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,065 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

I wasn't far off again. ^_^

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#62 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,941 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:32 PM

Think I've hit a nerve!

I really hope you're not trying to blame the Grand National for a crowd half the size of your average last year.

Last year Featherstone and Castleford clashed with the National. 4,165 for a cup game with no season pass holders.
Year before, Hull KR vs Leeds. 8,673.
2010, no clash.
2009, Quins vs Hudds in the Cup. 2,500.
2008, Quins vs Hull KR. 4,560.
2004-7, no clash.

Other than a cup match at London (a in with a low crowd anyway in an early round cup match), they're all seemingly unaffected (if they are, it certainly isn't significant).

Not hit a nerve at all - do you have any clue what the feeling is at the moment towards our coach and team?I can only presume that you don't hence your silly comment
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#63 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,993 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:49 AM

Where has the game gone so wrong that it gets so few spectators to its top flight games? How bad can this get? I know winter has gone on forever and times are hard, but across the board (save at Wakefield?) crowds seem to be in decline. It's very worrying.

#64 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:04 AM

Where has the game gone so wrong that it gets so few spectators to its top flight games? How bad can this get? I know winter has gone on forever and times are hard, but across the board (save at Wakefield?) crowds seem to be in decline. It's very worrying.

weekly rounds are by and large meaningless friendlies, with nothing at stake, could this be why?

#65 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:21 AM

Stop taking utter tosh

The main, single driver is that PEOPLE HAVE NO MONEY

If you hadn't noticed the country is being screwed into the ground by people that don't care

#66 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,779 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:53 AM

Were those games all also played at 3pm?

Yes, apart from Hull KR and Leeds which was 3:15pm.

Fwiw I understand a lot of things were unseasonably quiet today too - certainly retail centres were from what I've heard

First nice Saturday of the year maybe people had other plans

Issues need addressing at the club then if half of their usual crowd would rather do something else on game day. I'm sure this is me stating the obvious here, but that crowd is poor regardless of the Grand National.
Posted Image

#67 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,779 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:56 AM

you're being very silly, 3pm saturday afternoon, with a coach most fans hate and bottom of the league.

How come this only affects Castleford?

Not hit a nerve at all - do you have any clue what the feeling is at the moment towards our coach and team?I can only presume that you don't hence your silly comment

The Hull fans loved Richard Agar didn't they, and yet we were stuck with him for three and a half years, 2 of which were in the bottom three.
Posted Image

#68 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,941 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

Wellsy you can do whatever comparison you like but you do not understand the crowds feeling at Castleford right how so suggest you just accept that.

When Hull were struggling under Agar, was this after a 3rd CEO in 9 months, and without a pot to p*ss in?
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#69 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

this:

Stop taking utter tosh

If you hadn't noticed the country is being screwed into the ground by people that don't care

#70 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,147 posts

#71 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,779 posts

Wellsy you can do whatever comparison you like but you do not understand the crowds feeling at Castleford right how so suggest you just accept that.

When Hull were struggling under Agar, was this after a 3rd CEO in 9 months, and without a pot to p*ss in?

No, we kept inept CEOs and let them sign a convicted woman hitter the day after we announced a campaign against domestic violence, became Leeds' feeder club, gave our players banned substances and signed has-beens/average joes whilst ignoring our youth development. We had money but chose not to use it. There was an awful feeling at the club.

Cas are in a terrible state right now, as you say. The people are now turning away from the club.
Posted Image

#72 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,779 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:15 PM

Stop taking utter tosh

I have noticed mate. You don't have to tell me about having no money!

But a 50% drop on the average?
Posted Image

#73 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,941 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:19 PM

Cas are in a terrible state right now, as you say. The people are now turning away from the club.

Exactly - and that's why the crowd was so poor.

I'm not defending the crowd as it's atrocious but I can understand it

Posted Image

#74 LeeF

LeeF
  • Coach
  • 802 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

Grand National Saturday used to clash with the Chalkenge Cup semis & we still had some decent attendances then

#75 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,065 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:23 AM

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users