Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

07/04/13 - Hull KR v St Helens - KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Hull KR (4 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. St Helens (7 votes [58.33%])

Percentage of vote: 58.33%

3. Draw (1 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,693 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

Discuss the game here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:02 AM

Referee: B Thaler
Touch Judge: A Sweet
Touch Judge: R Webb
Reserve: L Spears
Match Commissioner: S Cross
In Goal: B Robinson
In Goal: G Evans
Time Keeper: C Morris

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#3 Brigg Rover

Brigg Rover
  • Coach
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:01 AM

We will win.

#4 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,559 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:04 AM

Saints are not in the same form as Wigan, but if Hull KR don't buck their ideas up, they will get thumped again.

There's not much wrong with our form these days, it's just that we have key players missing.

#5 Victoria Dawson

Victoria Dawson
  • Players
  • 81 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

Hull Kingston Rovers are pleased to host the inaugural Alan Burwell Cross-Code Challenge Cup competition on Sunday at MS3 Craven Park, as Hull University’s rugby league and rugby union sides do battle to be crowned as the city’s cross-code titans.

This game is a curtain-raiser for Hull KR's clash against St Helens, and Hull KR fans can watch the university game, which kicks off at 12:30pm, for free.
The teams will play one half under union rules, and one under league rules. These games ALWAYS end up rough, so if you like watching a few scraps get down early and cheer on Rugby League!

Both clubs have played cross-code games in the past, but for pride rather than silverware, and Alan Burwell will personally hand over the cup to the winning side at half time during HKR’s Super League fixture against St. Helens.

PLEASE COME AND SUPPORT THE LADS!

Follow me on Twitter: @VDawsonRL

#6 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,424 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

Saints by 30
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#7 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:25 PM

Come on Rover's!Saints by 28
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#8 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

Saints by 8.

#9 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,559 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:33 PM

Saints by 8.

If we win at all then this would be more like it! We don't like playing at Hull KR for some reason and so I'm not confident of a win for us especially if we are still missing too many of our key men/too many people are still playing out of position.

#10 Brigg Rover

Brigg Rover
  • Coach
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

If we win at all then this would be more like it! We don't like playing at Hull KR for some reason and so I'm not confident of a win for us especially if we are still missing too many of our key men/too many people are still playing out of position.

Spot on Saints have only won once in the last 6 visits to Craven Park, and if we are not on the mother of all rebound games then there will be hell to pay!

#11 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

Narrow win for Rovers in this one in a high scoring game. They owe the fans a massive performance.
Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

#12 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,990 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

Will the sight screens still be up after last week?

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#13 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,203 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:06 PM

If they get Patterson and one of the halves back, my money's on the home side. They're a good team on their day and I'm guessing Sandercock was targeting this rather than Monday's game.

#14 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:13 PM

Expect a bounce back from KR if 2 or 3 of the absentees are back, but their defence is still poor.
Saints seem to be getting better, so it's St Helens by 14 for me.
Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#15 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,525 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

If they get Patterson and one of the halves back, my money's on the home side. They're a good team on their day and I'm guessing Sandercock was targeting this rather than Monday's game.

A two game ban means they'll definitely be without Burns.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#16 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:02 AM

Can anybody give me a heads up on parking near the ground and cost, also which stand will the saints supporters be in as I'm visiting family in thrisk over the weekend and a visit to craven park to cheer on the super saints will top the weekend off for me. Thanks.

#17 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,764 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:19 PM

Will the sight screens still be up after last week?

No, but they've left the wicket uncovered, to slow the attack.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#18 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:29 PM

Can anybody give me a heads up on parking near the ground and cost, also which stand will the saints supporters be in as I'm visiting family in thrisk over the weekend and a visit to craven park to cheer on the super saints will top the weekend off for me. Thanks.

Your best bet will be to PM Adam (Hull KR Away days) - he'll give you the best options ;)
Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#19 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

KR need a decent win this week to keep the big boss man happy.........home win for me

#20 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

St Helens squad: Paul Wellens, Jordan Turner, Sia Soliola, Francis Meli, Lance Hohaia, Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook, Jon Wilkin, Anthony Laffranchi, Mark Flanagan, Paul Clough, Josh Jones, Tom Makinson, Nathan Ashe, Joe Greenwood, Alex Walmsley, Adam Swift, Mark Percival, James Tilley, Stuart Howarth.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.